Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There are some sources thats say 5,7 feet. And if you use english standard thats about 170cm. But if you use french standard thats 180 cm
Either way his tinder game wouldn’t be strong.

He was portrayed as short in English cartoons/propaganda at the time but he wasn't.

enf4tle.png
Did Napoleon write this?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I'm beginning to think Nuke will actually be our Stone, Do we think Nuke could be traded, or LTIR'd next season, then just trade Manson.
Re-sign Walker
Re-sign drouin
Re-sign trenin
Re-sign duhaime

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
I think the Avs might HAVE to go bridge with Mitts to get under the cap next year, and they may still lose Drouin, Manson/Lehky, and perhaps most or all of the other newcomers.

Which would mean Mitts would likely walk to UFA in 2-3 years.

Maybe the Avs pull another rabbit out of the hat with an RFA contract, but $5M seems pretty unlikely. Doesn't seem to match some of his comps.

Zegras is a very comparable player, with comparable stats, and looking to prove himself, and his bridge was 6.89% of the cap. Which would be $6,042,530 under an $87.7M cap next year.

Cirelli and Terry are good comps for long term deals. Their cap percentage would put Mitts at $6,647,660 - $7,349,260 on a 7-8 year deal.

My guess is Mitts would get $5.75-6M on a 2-3 year deal or $7M long term. Both will cause issues next year.

Casey Mittelsdadt
Position - C/W
Career High - Currently on a 19 goal 61 point pace - 0.74 pts/gm

Trevor Zegras
Position - C
AAV/Term - $5.75M x 3
Cap % - 6.89%
Career High When Signed - 23 goals 65 points in 81 games - 0.78 pts/gm

Anthony Cirelli
Position - C
AAV/Term - $6.25M x 8
Cap % - 7.58%
Career High When Signed - 16 goals 44 points in 68 games - 0.65 pts/gm

Troy Terry
Position - C/W
AAV/Term - $7M x 7
Cap % - 8.38%
Career High When Signed - 37 goals 67 points in 75 games - 0.89 pts/gm
It will be interesting to see what they do next year but either on a bridge or longer contract I think the intention was obviously to keep Mittelstadt after the trade. As you stated either number makes things interesting off the bat, I think $6.5M over like 7 years is a reasonable figure. If they sign Mittelstadt at $6.5M assuming everyone signed is back with Annunen slotted in, assuming Kovalenko is given every opportunity to catch on and slotting someone like Foudy and Pavel in and Malinski and maybe Johnson or Jones reupped. The Avs are then already over the cap with only a 20 man roster. I guess a bridge for Mittelstadt would make sense in some ways but at most the cap savings next year would be $1.5M which would somewhat solve next year letting all the free agents go but there wouldnt be much cap flexibility for any deadline additions unless someone has convenient back spasms 🤔

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It will be interesting to see what they do next year but either on a bridge or longer contract I think the intention was obviously to keep Mittelstadt after the trade. As you stated either number makes things interesting off the bat, I think $6.5M over like 7 years is a reasonable figure. If they sign Mittelstadt at $6.5M assuming everyone signed is back with Annunen slotted in, assuming Kovalenko is given every opportunity to catch on and slotting someone like Foudy and Pavel in and Malinski and maybe Johnson or Jones reupped. The Avs are then already over the cap with only a 20 man roster. I guess a bridge for Mittelstadt would make sense in some ways but at most the cap savings next year would be $1.5M which would somewhat solve next year letting all the free agents go but there wouldnt be much cap flexibility for any deadline additions unless someone has convenient back spasms 🤔
Fatty already had his bridge contract... this is the long-term one.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
What's up with Colton? Only played 9 mins. If that's on merit, maybe he'll be a cap sacrifice this summer.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
He sure needs to stop missing games.

If we're going to start losing effective top 6ers on smaller contracts like Drouin and possibly Lehky to make room for Landy and Nuke they better play.

I'm not thrilled about this at all TBH.
I just did the math, for the time we've have him he's played on 285 of 384 regular season games. That 384 includes this current season. Had to redo the math due to COVID season.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Does this even make sense?

Ulmark to co

NJD Georgiev and Josh manson

(edit to Boston)NJ 2nd Colorado first Oskar O

Last edited:

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
No, it doesn’t make any sense, because Ullmark plays for Boston.
I meant that as a three way w/boston I posted it in the NJD/biston thread

Apologies for being lazy hah

I figure it gives NJD get a d they need and a goalie to run as a 1a 1b I guess that was eh Allen waived his NTC.

The 2nd and 1st plus a prospect to boston NJD could possibly add

Last edited:

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Playing all 82 regular season games is an overrated ability.

Who cares if a player misses 10 games a season, as long as they’re available in the playoffs. Which is a legitimate critique for Nuke, since he peaced out last year.

But give me a better player who misses 10-15 games a year, over a worse player who plays all the time.

It’s frustrating as a fan because we want to watch a healthy lineup all the time, but Val’s contract is actually very good value for what he brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad