Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The only thing that I took seriously was trying to construct the sentence for my post to say "...Wolfsburg, Wolfgang Wolf" all in a row and on one line.

It would funny to have a match one day with team's players named as : White, Green, Black, Brown, Gray, Blue...plus some foreigners Schwartz, Braun, Weiss, Grun, Blanc, Nero, Amarillo and Rojo.

Reactions: cgf and KJS14

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
"Hinshelwood" sounds like a made up name.
IMG_2824.gif

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
BVB are sniffing around Jeff Chabot incase Köln get relegated. He's been very strong defensively this season.
You know speaking of Koln. If Amorim takes over LFC and he is looking for his new Palhinha/Hjulmand type; Martel probably checks a lot of those boxes. Was looking at that. Honestly I’d try to get Ugarte out of PSG too; his minutes have evaporated

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You know speaking of Koln. If Amorim takes over LFC and he is looking for his new Palhinha/Hjulmand type; Martel probably checks a lot of those boxes. Was looking at that. Honestly I’d try to get Ugarte out of PSG too; his minutes have evaporated

Piss off! Martel needs to replace Rani in a year or two. You can have Kemlein if we get Eric though.

I'm very high on Martel, but I think he probably needs a year or two of polish...especially his possession game...before he's ready for the step to a top club.

Though you never know, he's been great for the U21 team and has the technical skills, I just dunno that he has the experience in possession to make that move and get PT.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Piss off! Martel needs to replace Rani in a year or two. You can have Kemlein.

I'm very high on Martel, but I think he probably needs a year or two of polish...especially his possession game...before he's ready for the step to a top club.
Oh for sure. Think he has that skill set though. Amorim does that 343 double pivot thing, and one of the midfielders is usually pretty central protecting that back 3. Don’t think LFC have anyone that really does that at the moment. Prime Fabinho would have ate though. I like Martel, think he has some tools

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh for sure. Think he has that skill set though. Amorim does that 343 double pivot thing, and one of the midfielders is usually pretty central protecting that back 3. Don’t think LFC have anyone that really does that at the moment. Prime Fabinho would have ate though. I like Martel, think he has some tools

Grooming Martel behind Endo in that kind of a role could well work out nicely, and I agree that he has very interesting potential between his physical tools, skillset, and mind...I just don't want to risk him overstepping whenever he leaves Köln lol.

Even with Pavlovic emerging for Bayern, Can showing a new level last season, and Andrich being a very solid option atm, I worry about Martel's development stalling because CB & the 6 are the two positions we have the least depth in.

A lot will depend on whether Köln stays up. As they won't be selling any regulars this summer because they're facing a transfer ban, unless players' relegation clauses can be activated...which most established first leaguers have.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Grooming Martel behind Endo in that kind of a role could well work out nicely...I just don't want to risk him overstepping whenever he leaves Köln lol.

Even with Pavlovic emerging for Bayern, Can showing a new level last season, and Andrich being a very solid option atm, I worry about Martel's development stalling because CB & the 6 are the two positions we have the least depth in.

A lot will depend on whether Köln stays up. As they won't be selling any regulars this summer because they're facing a transfer ban, unless players' relegation clauses can be activated...which most established first leaguers have.
Makes sense, I’m sure there will be suitors. As I said, the two that really interest me right now, if LFC go in the Amorim direction are the three he’s already worked with, who may all be relatively available for various reasons. Not going to go too in depth until manager is announced though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild also reported that Augsburg have made a formal bid for the new Hungary international, Marton Dardai. That kid has one hell of a left foot, whether he sticks at CB or gets pushed further forward.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If we're limiting to men's, then it's Cahill or Kewell.

But this is the correct answer. And, unless this kid becomes a top 3 player in the world for a sustained period of at least five years, he won't match Kerr.
On the men’s side it could also be Schwarzer or Ryan but it’s hard to compare outfield players with goalkeepers

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Given that the kid plays mens football, I would assume that people are referring to him becoming Australia's best men's footballer. And surpassing Cahill/Kewell wouldn't exactly be a stretch if the kid can make it at Bayern the way Davies did.
Kewell is such a weird one. So many people thought he was the missing piece for LFC in the early 2000s. Had all the talent, injuries ruined him and at some point started to hate to play the game. Now? He is trying to be a manager. Go figure.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Freiburg are reportedly sniffing around Tim Oermann, would be a very neat bit of business for them if they can wrap it up. With Morgalla barely playing this season & his longterm health in question, the converted CB might be our best RB prospect at the senior level.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Kewell is such a weird one. So many people thought he was the missing piece for LFC in the early 2000s. Had all the talent, injuries ruined him and at some point started to hate to play the game. Now? He is trying to be a manager. Go figure.
A long line of great talent that couldn't stay healthy.

Also shines a light on prem spending. Those late 90s early 2000s Leeds teams were incredible.

Reactions: gary69 and Savant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad