Red Sox/MLB 2024 Spring Training Part 5: We’ve got uniforms and everything. It’s really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I can't believe how little juice the fact that an MLB pitcher posts here regularly is getting.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The prepared statement and smears or namecalling of those asking questions mean nothing and are deflection. A real investigation into transaction history will tell all

Keep fishing for that imaginary paper trail that links Ohtani to Mizuhara's behavior. I expect JFK truthers to find the mysterious man behind the grassy knoll before then.

Also, what did you want Ohtani to do in a press conference where has to address serious accusations of criminal behavior against him? Have him shoot from the hip in English after having five mixed drinks from the bar at the local Holiday Inn? This is a complex situation that required him to break down from his perspective the timeline of events that took place between 2021 to now. He could only properly address this situation with a detailed, written timeline that he and his legal team established while speaking in his native tongue. Expecting him to do otherwise is silly.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Keep fishing for that imaginary paper trail that links Ohtani to Mizuhara's behavior. I expect JFK truthers to find the mysterious man behind the grassy knoll before then.

Also, what did you want Ohtani to do in a press conference where has to address serious accusations of criminal behavior against him? Have him shoot from the hip in English after having five mixed drinks from the bar at the local Holiday Inn? This is a complex situation that required him to break down from his perspective the timeline of events that took place between 2021 to now. He could only properly address this situation with a detailed, written timeline that he and his legal team established while speaking in his native tongue. Expecting him to do otherwise is silly.
It makes perfect sense that you believe the Warren Commision.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
And yet I can point to many occasions where multiple sports athletes had hundreds of millions of dollars stolen from them by friends, family, spouses, financial advisors, estranged family relatives that pop out of nowhere, etc. that claimed to have their best interests at heart.

Tim Duncan, Erik Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bernie Kosar, Terrell Owens, Mike Tyson, John Elway, Mike Pelfrey, Darren McCarty, and Vince Young, just to name a few, had their fortunes stolen from them by people they entrusted to take care of it. Ohtani's lucky that he was able to catch it early on before he was completely robbed blind by Mizuhara. On top of that, based on recent developments and how contrite and forthcoming with his recent statements, it sounds like Mizuhara did his friend dirty.

The people who want to continue pushing this baseless conspiracy theory, and that's what it is at this point because nothing has come out in favor supporting the notion that Ohtani bet a single dime on sports, are vulturous and are trying to drag an innocent person's name through the mud. If anyone doesn't see the statements put out by Ohtani's camp as an indicator that puts the whole illegal gambling narrative to bed, there's no help for them and they are just in this now to destroy a man's life.

I’m not doubting he could be entirely innocent. Just pointing out he could also be entirely, partially or even a tiny bit guilty too.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I’m not doubting he could be entirely innocent. Just pointing out he could also be entirely, partially or even a tiny bit guilty too.

It's why I don't like the 24/7 news coverage of this because this is an active ongoing investigation and everyone within the span of a week has been convinced by the likes of Michael Felger and Skip Bayless that Ohtani is automatically guilty. Guilt by association isn't how this country operates. I have no reason to believe Ohtani lied until the FBI and others actually pull up real proof that Ohtani was making bets. f*** this guilt in the court of public opinion shit.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
First time I've watched Big Dick Fitts, and he looks pretty good.

Fastball Is sitting 93-95. Throws a decent cutter at around 87, and the slider looks like it's got some pretty good bite to it. Spin rates look pretty good, as well.

Reactions: CDJ and McGarnagle

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's why I don't like the 24/7 news coverage of this because this is an active ongoing investigation and everyone within the span of a week has been convinced by the likes of Michael Felger and Skip Bayless that Ohtani is automatically guilty. Guilt by association isn't how this country operates. I have no reason to believe Ohtani lied until the FBI and others actually pull up real proof that Ohtani was making bets. f*** this guilt in the court of public opinion shit.

Fair.

But I think we’ve seen enough situations where someone does something so out of character, that nobody believed they were capable of.

I’m not declaring him innocent or guilty. The sad reality is that experience has taught me not to be surprised by a worst case situation.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If you pay anything more than $10 for a Red Sox ticket just so you can bring your kid to a game you are a true sucker

Completely punt on an offseason after another last place finish and raise ticket prices. Have to settle for 10th choice GM. Alex Cora in a lame duck year. Bend over Boston. And just think, we have the god awful Patriots to look forward to after that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad