GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I set up a third TV for Wrestlemania weekend so I could have one TV for 'rasslin, hockey, and baseball. I was too lazy to carry up the third TV back to my bedroom. If I had, good chance I would have turned off the Padres game midway through.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
You can tell Pirates fans care again, David Bednar blows it in the 9th in pathetic fashion and he is trending worldwide on twitter (for a second I thought Jared Bednar had been fired or something like that).

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You can tell Pirates fans care again, David Bednar blows it in the 9th in pathetic fashion and he is trending worldwide on twitter (for a second I thought Jared Bednar had been fired or something like that).
Pirates players none too pleased with the treatment of him and I wouldn't be either.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mariners ownership proved this off-season once more that it's a disgrace and the players are playing like a team that has been letdown by their owners so far this season. Making a very meh Jays offence look very good. Sad!

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Mariners ownership proved this off-season once more that it's a disgrace and the players are playing like a team that has been letdown by their owners so far this season. Making a very meh Jays offence look very good. Sad!
They were totally on the right track, too. Would have followed a similar path as the O's. Terrible.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Cot damn...Jackson Holliday looks like he's 14 years old. cant remember ever seeing such a babyfaced major leaguer

0-2 Strike out and fielders choice groundball so far to start his career

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
You know what we need in baseball, more Greg Maddox-ish pitchers, who have outstanding command and can be amazing without needing to throw 100 MPH on every pitch. Maybe that would solve all the pitcher injury problems.
good point. watching maddux pitch was similar to a painter creating a masterpiece.

one my favorite pitchers of all time is the guy that the surgery was named after: tommy john himself. the guy would pitch to contact and try to get to 3 outs as quickly as possible. a lot of his games would be done in less than 2 hours.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Who is taking bets as to when this guy’s UCL snaps off and his arm flies into the stands?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So...the Astros continue to look bad and the Royals are about to sweep them. Bobby Witt is knocking on the door of superstardom.

BWJ is amazing. Might already be one of the most complete 5-tool stars in the game. Thank the lord he’s locked up long-term. For once a top Royals pick turns out to be everything that was promised and maybe even more.

I don’t know if the Royals are THIS good…the Astros pitching just capitulated and the Pale Hose are trash but they had a quietly really productive off-season. But honestly, they should be 11-2 right now not 9-4…bullpen sucked the first couple of weeks but now it seems like all phases are locked in.

Very cool to see my hometown boys and teams like the Pirates starting the year hot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Horrible umpiring is becoming a bigger story than the horrible uniforms

Sep 19, 2008
1712920689460.png

2-3 hours of NPB / KBO every morning

2-3 hours of MLB to end the day at night

yes, it's brilliant second screen content

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Now Colton Cowser is becoming a factor. Are the Orioles the most stacked team in terms of very young hitting talent since the 1990's Indians?
they are pretty stacked. What's absurd is they have a bunch of other studs on the way. Coby Mayo, Samuel Basallo and Heston Kjerstad are all very good hitters.

Sure, they tanked, took their lumps, and it's paying off now, but still have to develop those guys and pick the right guys. While they lucked into drafts with guys like Rutschman, Holliday's draft lead up, he was not the consensus 1-1 (lot of scouts felt Druw Jones). Cowser / Kjerstad were not taken at the top of the draft (both were arguably below slot to pickup prospects with more pool money later). They've also hit on Gunnar and some others later in the draft and right now, they're finally dipping toes into the international market. They also have some underrated arms in the system along with a lot of development on that side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad