GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rockies score 5 in the first.
Marlins get 5 in the ninth.

Both teams score in the 10th, Marlins lose 7-6. Rockies if you include having lost this game in the final at bat, the Rockies have trailed in 29 consecutive games.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Bee invasion delaying the start of the Dodgers-Diamondbacks game in Arizona. You know, the stadium that has a roof.

What happened to the game I love?

The Marlins won that suck-off, not the Rockies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Angels really gave up a game winning dinger to Johan Rojas? :laugh:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm at the Orioles game and they are playing Kool and the gang celebration

big troll as this is the Oakland win song
The Orioles actually play it a decent amount. It could be a bit of a troll, but I don't think anyone has any beef with the As players / fans. Owner? Yeah, probably.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Orioles with 2 wins against the NYY to start that big series.
Yankees hitters beyond Soto and maybe one or two others have been pretty brutal. I have to think Judge is hurt. Playing everyday in the field is gonna end up like everyone thought. I just have some issues with that lineup. Sure, some guys can mash. But they don't have a lot of team speed. Couple of 3 result guys. Stanton might hit the ball hard, but if he's batting the mendoza line, I think it really hurts you. It's crazy when they need a blistering Verdugo to keep it together. The starting pitching looks to hold together well enough.

The Os have been good, though their bullpen has been helped by the poor batted ball luck and some good defense. It can't stick this way and they need to get another arm or so in there (or work out who is going to pitch when). It does look like the O's are more motivated in this series, though all that can change today.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Imanaga is the best pitcher in baseball.

You know there's little kids out there all over the world saying "you can be Mike Trout, I'll be Imanaga and that means your getting stuck out"

Songwriters watch Shota, turn off their TV's, then pick up their guitars inspired after he pitches.

It just feels so good watching this guy pitch and such a wonderful pleasure, Like Phillip Micheal Thomas eating strawberries on the beach in his Miami Vice prime.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ump: the call of the play is confirmed…
Mets crowd: woooooo-
Ump: … there is no blocking. The call on the field is confirmed, out.
Mets crowd: -oooooo, wait what?

Funny stuff.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Rangers load bases with no outs twice in game tonight. Scored no runs......I mean that's just wow

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Funny stuff.
How does a dude running home from third fail to beat a throw to the cut off man and then to home plate?

Reactions: SoupNazi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Funny stuff.
Credit where credit is due, we have an ump who decided not to be an asshole. Of course, he was helpless in the situation with the game having ended and having no control over the replay.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trea Turner out at least 6 weeks with a hamstring injury.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Phillies up 8-0 on the Giants in the 2nd. Both teams gonna be begging for more rain in the 5th

Sep 19, 2008
Have had the Marlins game on radio over the Ballys Florida feed, switching between the gaming PC room and the Leafs game in the bedroom. Walked in during intermission and saw 20-3 Oakland :eek3:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad