Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 9.26.56 PM.jpeg

Jeff Howe reporting that Bill didn’t want to draft Mac Jones, he actually wanted to pick Davis Mills in round 2. I do recall Mills buzz here at HF before the draft.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I know, even though I don't follow the NFL at all.

Can you see Bill in ATL? They don't care about pro sports there.

San Diego? At least he'll get some sun and relaxation. Fifteen wins, no problem.

Dallas would be a pressure cooker and a great story. I hate the Cowboys regardless.
Atlanta has weapons on offense. But they don’t have a QB. Do you see Bill wanting to get himself into another situation with no answer at QB? He’s 72 years old. If ATL, does he sign Garrapolo as a bridge QB? I can’t see Bill signing Cousins for 35m+.

I think one of these teams who flop in the 1st round will be after Bill. Dallas. Let’s see what happens today with Buffalo & Philadelphia.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Atlanta has weapons on offense. But they don’t have a QB. Do you see Bill wanting to get himself into another situation with no answer at QB? He’s 72 years old. If ATL, does he sign Garrapolo as a bridge QB? I can’t see Bill signing Cousins for 35m+.

I think one of these teams who flop in the 1st round will be after Bill. Dallas. Let’s see what happens today with Buffalo & Philadelphia.

Again, I don't follow the NFL these days, but I'll check that game.

I hope it's not on Peacock.

Can't see Bill in Buff or Phillie, but who knows. More drama!

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
There was definitely no plan and they currently have no GM. Maybe Jonathan will draft off the F&M big board.
Keep everything the same, but fire the Hall of Fame coach for a 35 year old inexperienced coach, not a knock against Mayo, Bill always said he had a good football mind. I just think Kraft is going too realize that he is as much responsible for what is going on now then anyone.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good, Steve is actually solid at his job despite what some might think. The players respect him a lot more than the fans do.
Smart move

This is going perfectly
View attachment 803529

Jeff Howe reporting that Bill didn’t want to draft Mac Jones, he actually wanted to pick Davis Mills in round 2. I do recall Mills buzz here at HF before the draft.
Yes

Get Parsons at 15 in the Lawrence Taylor mold and Mills round 2

Keep everything the same, but fire the Hall of Fame coach for a 35 year old inexperienced coach, not a knock against Mayo, Bill always said he had a good football mind. I just think Kraft is going too realize that he is as much responsible for what is going on now then anyone.
not even f’n close

You got to be shitting me

Reactions: CDJ and Oates2Neely

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I see two issues with this plan.

1. Mac Jones was drafted 15th overall. Micah Parsons was drafted 12th overall.

2. Davis Mills stinks.
Yes

I thought we were talking scuttlebutt here

Former HF Joe (Glorydaze) & Lou WBC8) were speculating pre draft this could be the plan

This was HF stuff

We all more after Parsons should he get to 15 none of us thought he would

As for Mills he was pretty good at Stanford and who knows

But we wanted Parsons as a rush LB/E lining up all over

Sorry for confusion trying to do to many things

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
McDaniels sucked as head coach but elite OC

Took Brady, Cassel, and Mac to Pro Bowl

Mac was runner up ROY to Chase with Mac

When you find the right person it shouldn’t matter if they are Irish, short, or live in Lynn.

Josh is right under Mayo nose

Let’s go !!!!!

To me, the selling point for McDaniels is pretty simple: he's not a flight risk for a head coach job. That's the biggest concern for a defensive head coach. If you manage to hire a good OC, someone else will hire them as head coach. I get that's a nice problem to have, but we've all seen how much a team can be negatively impacted by changing OCs.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So does that mean Bills little boys are canned?

Or Mayo's doing what Kraft should have done and actually doing some due diligence.

The real answer might be the fact that the Rooney Rule means teams have to interview at least 1 external minority candidate for coordinators. I'm assuming Mayo has some kind of personal relationship with Lukabu from his time at BC, and he could simply be doing him a favor of giving him some good publicity by getting his name out there as DC-worthy.

Reactions: CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
certainly an opinion not aligned with Kraft approved news
Marc Bertrand, Felger, Mazz, Jones, etc they don't know jack. They're here to be shock jocks and fuel the fire.

Especially Felger who 1. Isn't even from here. 2. isn't a fan of ANY New England teams. 3. Lives to stir the pot.

Sure. Bertrand can give an opinion. But he's not around or covers the team like say Tom E Curran does, so I wouldn't waste my time listening to his opinion.

Reactions: rfournier103

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Marc Bertrand, Felger, Mazz, Jones, etc they don't know jack. They're here to be shock jocks and fuel the fire.

Especially Felger who 1. Isn't even from here. 2. isn't a fan of ANY New England teams. 3. Lives to stir the pot.

Sure. Bertrand can give an opinion. But he's not around or covers the team like say Tom E Curran does, so I wouldn't waste my time listening to his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad