Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Tribute to Green Bay’s next franchise QB:

Assuming you bought down on the total?

I had the Rams +3 as well as the Packers +7 earlier.

Was a good day
No, I put the bet in last Monday when the line was stupid at 45….

Also played the Bills-Steelers to try to capitalize on the bad weather last Monday. Teased the Bills spread up and hammered the under. I think postponing the game is gonna screw me, so it’ll probably even out.

Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

Also played the Bills-Steelers to try to capitalize on the bad weather last Monday. Teased the Bills spread up and hammered the under. I think postponing the game is gonna screw me, so it’ll probably even out.

Wow that's a ridiculous total, opened up at 50.5 at my two bookies, sounds like I need to shop around more when lines open up.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Belichick slept soundly on Sunday night knowing Dallas will come calling. There are two more dominos in play with the Bills and Eagles.

I feel bad for Mayo because he has a mandate to at least have the Pats in contention for a playoff spot in 2024.

I have been a Pats fan going back to the Braves Field, Fenway Park, BC Alumni Field, and Harvard Stadium days.

This moment changed the timeline, nothing else in Pats' history comes close.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I know I'll get crapped on for this because but I found it having some good Patriots history:

1000006929.jpg

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Belichick slept soundly on Sunday night knowing Dallas will come calling. There are two more dominos in play with the Bills and Eagles.

I feel bad for Mayo because he has a mandate to at least have the Pats in contention for a playoff spot in 2024.

I have been a Pats fan going back to the Braves Field, Fenway Park, BC Alumni Field, and Harvard Stadium days.

Not sure he wants that job. Meh qb. Always throwing nit’s st the wrong time in the game.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

This is in my top 5 favorite songs for sure.

Great album.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

You are absolutely right. Nobody knew it at the time, but it was a major turning point.

I can’t give you any proof, but maybe you can ask Michael Holley if you see him. I remember Holley saying years ago on WEEI that Bill Belichick was getting close to benching Drew Bledsoe and was going to had this injury not happened. Very possibly in a matter of a couple weeks. The Mo Lewis hit only sped up the timeline. Holley would know because of all the time he spent with the Patriots coaching staff while writing “Patriot Reign.”

I believe Drew was going to be benched (and likely traded) because Bill did the same thing in Cleveland to Bernie Kosar. It’s all a moot point now, but I feel in my bones it was inevitable that Tom Brady was going to be the Patriots’ starting quarterback one way or another.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McDaniels sucked as head coach but elite OC

Took Brady, Cassel, and Mac to Pro Bowl

Mac was runner up ROY to Chase with Mac

When you find the right person it shouldn’t matter if they are Irish, short, or live in Lynn.

Josh is right under Mayo nose

Let’s go !!!!!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
interesting seeing all the media who wanted Bill out and trashed him now trying to find him a job in Dallas in a matter of 2 days
I really believe many media people are terrible human beings. I’m not talking about reporters who actually report the news and facts relating to said news, but ‘columnists’ who trot out “hot takes” trying to get clicks with speculation that any of us could come up with.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I really believe many media people are terrible human beings. I’m not talking about reporters who actually report the news and facts relating to said news, but ‘columnists’ who trot out “hot takes” trying to get clicks with speculation that any of us could come up with.

ya they just go with what trending, last week was all the dysfunction Bill caused, 48 hours later he's perfect for Dallas. Now that Bill's gone they've run out of lots of material I assume

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It doesn’t seem Kraft has much of a plan. Fire Bill, hire Mayo…and profit? Still have GM, assistant coaches, scouts, etc. I mean some of the see guys need to go especially after continuous bad picks and Free Agents. While Bill calls the shots he still has a team. They need to clean all that out. Still early but you get the feeling that Kraft is kind of winging it. If he just continues promotions in house not sure we’ll see much of difference.

Well you got to know the difference anything like that are opinion pieces which isn’t much different than this board and giving its opinions. More articles do need the disclaimer this is opinions of said author though. It would stop confusion of fact vs reaction.

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Belichick will go to Atlanta and I bet done

He didn’t look like a guy worried about next job

Why Atlanta?

1. Family

He’s got 4 grand children from Steve under 7 and not sure Brian but I think he has kids

Any parent who isn’t a douche thinks family first

He’s going to be able to take them now or later

Mayo legit likes Steve and Steve family bought a home recently and they love it here - he and wife do not want to leave but if he’s out the door he will join dad

2. Location

Bill wants to stay on East Coast and Atlanta close to home in Jupiter Florida & Nantucket is not a far plane ride

3. Relationships

He and Atlanta owner are friends. Arthur Blank is tight with Kraft, went to school up here and always been an admirer of Boston sports teams - and has hired several Patriots front office guys including GM Thomas Dimitroff and several FO and current staffers and football Ops including including multiple FOB

4. SECURITY

Bill likely would have (I’m assuming but makes sense knowing him) an agreement he would become Prez or Senior Advisor or Head of Football Ops AFTER coaching - basically Grand Pooh bah

5. ROSTER/DIVISION

It’s pretty good - definitely a top half and really a QB away

Division is weak - Carolina a mess helps

I could be wrong and will come back in and take the L (hey I had Jared Knight in HOF and hated the Bergeron pick) but this has information coming from a place no writer I’m sure could get

Reactions: rfournier103

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It doesn’t seem Kraft has much of a plan. Fire Bill, hire Mayo…and profit? Still have GM, assistant coaches, scouts, etc. I mean some of the see guys need to go especially after continuous bad picks and Free Agents. While Bill calls the shots he still has a team. They need to clean all that out. Still early but you get the feeling that Kraft is kind of winging it. If he just continues promotions in house not sure we’ll see much of difference.

Well you got to know the difference anything like that are opinion pieces which isn’t much different than this board and giving its opinions. More articles do need the disclaimer this is opinions of said author though. It would stop confusion of fact vs reaction.

There was definitely no plan and they currently have no GM. Maybe Jonathan will draft off the F&M big board.

Reactions: mar2kbos

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The Chargers are pretty “meh” too.

This will be interesting.

I know, even though I don't follow the NFL at all.

Can you see Bill in ATL? They don't care about pro sports there.

San Diego? At least he'll get some sun and relaxation. Fifteen wins, no problem.

Dallas would be a pressure cooker and a great story. I hate the Cowboys regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad