Series Discussion: 2024 Playoffs - First Round - Jets vs Avalanche

Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The opponent will also influence the schedule based on available dates for games 3 and 4.
Fair enough but both the Kings and Knights will be home for games 3 and 4 and the Oilers and Stars will be home for games 1 and 2 .
Oilers have to play at home on Tuesday and Thursday it’s the only dates their building is open. Booked solid until Saturday the 27th. Stars are pretty much wide open.

Some series could clearly be announced already. Just my opinion.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Lol, it wasn't a mass exodus. As I recall, you tried pushing a few people off the bandwagon because you didn't like what they had to say. They've just moved a few rows away and are peacefully enjoying the ride.
:sarcasm:
There were plenty of "I can't watch this team anymore if Bones refuses to do the obviously right thing" posts lol

But I was anticipating the gaslighting. It's a typical narcissistic behaviour, along with someone thinking they're smarter than everyone (including NHL coaches)

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
At first I thought it was going to be Monday & Wednesday for games 1 & 2.
Now hearing the “tech staff” have been booked for Sunday & Tuesday

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Avs fan coming in peace. It'll be a short series. 4-5 games max. Jets are just a bad matchup for the Avs and Georgiev let's in 6 goals a game. Should be an easy road to the 2nd round for you guys

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Well three games ago we were about to cede the first round to you guys...so you never know...
Georgiev is going to lose the series haha. Can't win with that clown letting in 5 a game when the opponent is Hellebuck. We're the 2022 Oilers. One man show. Even Makar isn't himself this year.. his skating is off and his shot isn't what it once was

Reactions: Jets 31

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Georgiev is going to lose the series haha. Can't win with that clown letting in 5 a game when the opponent is Hellebuck. We're the 2022 Oilers. One man show. Even Makar isn't himself this year.. his skating is off and his shot isn't what it once was

Playoffs are a new season and goalies can get strange voodoo powers. “Fourgiev” as you guys like to call him could turn it on. Who knows

You guys went 1-6 into playoffs the year you won the cup, we we 0-7 in the year we swept the oilers… look at panthers last year with absolute luck getting them into the playoffs, absolute luck eliminating the bruins, and the panthers heading to the SCF

Don’t be so quick to count out your team. You have so many “instant” playmakers that can swing a shift and playoff series are all about momentum swings or preventing them

If Avs take game 1, then the narrative will swing back in your team’s favour. Prior to the game last Saturday no one was pumping the Jets tires in this series

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
My biggest fear is Georgiev getting hot. And not even "steal a series" hot, just "not so bad that he loses the series" hot

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Not gonna lie, I'm super excited. Most newspapers and people expect us to lose round 1. There aren't a lot of people who would put a dime on us. To be frank: I don't give a feck, quite the opposite, in fact.

I love being the underdog. I love being underrated. Let's show the whole world what we are capable of.

Does anyone know when the schedule gets released? I won't be getting much sleep in the next few weeks I assume. :D

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
There may be a seat or two available

You should have been here three weeks ago during our little losing streak. There were only a few of us left on the bandwagon and you could have sat anywhere you want. Mass exodus
Was busy watching my own team kill their playoff chances with an even more dismal losing streak, but would have been watching and pulling for the Jets even if we had made the show.

Glad there's a seat for me, but when you add the fact you are playing Colorado (who I still hold plenty of 1990s hate for) to my strong liking of the Jets since your return, I'd have been on this bandwagon even if the seats were all taken and you had to drag me from the bumper.
Beat these M-Fers! I want you to make Sakic cry! :towel::towel:😭

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Schmidt is allowed to stay up much later then Stanley. Stan is still growing and needs his sleep.

Zactly.

This is Tree by his next contract. And that is the fella I want on MacKinnon.

1713447162988.png

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
On the bandwagoneer front, the Jets come in second on the Athletic's Best Bandwagon Teams. Quite an honour.

2. Winnipeg Jets

Why you should get on board: One year ago, we all figured they were done for, an inevitable rebuild starting years too late. Today, they’re finishing off a fantastic season, they have the presumptive Vezina winner in net, they were aggressive at the deadline and their coach is the ultimate OGWAC. And they’re doing it all in front of one of the best fan bases in the league, one that has a super-cool playoff tradition but has never seen their Jets get past the third round, and oh yeah, had no team at all for 16 long years.
More here:

And who, you ask, is #1?

1713449855097.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad