Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Jets in 6. Such a solid, deep lineup. No one really elite, other than Hellebuyck (though I’ll listen to anyone making a case for Morrissey).

Can never feel confident against a team with Mackinnon and Makar, but boy this Jets squad has shown the ability to maintain consistent, strong play as well as the resolve to endure & overcome adversity.

I wish I could have watched more games this season, but I’m sure excited about seeing them in the playoffs
IMG_4695.gif

Hanging with my people here
IMG_4692.gif

Until my arse is numb
IMG_3190.gif

Whiteout Baby!
IMG_3434.gif

Go Jets Go!

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Every time Mackinnon is on the ice I pucker a little. He's the type of player that can take over a game or series and there's almost not a goddamn thing you can do to stop him

The good news is that Helle is the same. Play the system and if he's sharp, we should have a decent chance

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If the guys, especially Scheifele line can not get killed by MacKinnon line its hard not to like our chances.

Avs at their best are a lot style wise like The Preds I think. Maybe I'm way off base? But both are all about applying pressure to you in transition. Speed speed speed.

Their bottom six may not be able to be effective against better system teams. But if they show up, or the Jets details slip a bit... momentum means a lot in short series.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If the guys, especially Scheifele line can not get killed by MacKinnon line its hard not to like our chances.

Avs at their best are a lot style wise like The Preds I think. Maybe I'm way off base? But both are all about applying pressure to you in transition. Speed speed speed.

Their bottom six may not be able to be effective against better system teams. But if they show up, or the Jets details slip a bit... momentum means a lot in short series.
Pretty much depends on what version of the Jets show up.

Five game win streak Jets roll in? Good chances for us. Just play the system as they did against Dallas and Colorado in the last two games and they could sweep.

Six game losing streak Jets roll in? We'll be swept.

Likely outcome, Jets in six. Colorado is too good to not make this close.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I really want to predict a Jets victory in the series...so I will! Jets in 7.

Buuuuuuuuut...I keep thinking back to a season not too far in the past when a certain Edmonton team dominated us during the regular season and we went into the playoffs with everyone predicting we'd lose to those same oilers and we ended up sweeping them right out of the dance. I'm not sure I feel super confident based on anything that's happened this season against the Avs.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
For whatever reason, I feel like we get through Colorado only to meet Vegas again with a predictable result. Never know, though. 3rd time is the charm.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I really want to predict a Jets victory in the series...so I will! Jets in 7.

Buuuuuuuuut...I keep thinking back to a season not too far in the past when a certain Edmonton team dominated us during the regular season and we went into the playoffs with everyone predicting we'd lose to those same oilers and we ended up sweeping them right out of the dance. I'm not sure I feel super confident based on anything that's happened this season against the Avs.
The interesting thing about that series vs edmonton was that the Jets came out and played a completely different system in thr playoffs than they did in the regular season vs them that shut them down

I think that in order for the Avs to beat us (assuming we're playing our game within bones system), they'll have to make some kind of adjustment to how they play. After listening to their coach talk after we shitkicked them, I'm not very confident in his ability to draw something up and implement it in a week

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Any word on when the expected game 1 in Wpg is? I’m hearing Monday now - apparently Hustler mentioned Monday on his podcast today?

Ugh. For us out of towners Sat/Sun would be so much easier. lol. But I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The interesting thing about that series vs edmonton was that the Jets came out and played a completely different system in thr playoffs than they did in the regular season vs them that shut them down

I think that in order for the Avs to beat us (assuming we're playing our game within bones system), they'll have to make some kind of adjustment to how they play. After listening to their coach talk after we shitkicked them, I'm not very confident in his ability to draw something up and implement it in a week

true enough.

And yet...still a tid bit clenchy! :laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This is awkward for me because I rooted for the Avs when we didn't have this Jets team. Not my username.

Jets in four because goaltending for the Avs.

MacKinnon and Makar are what could be the advantage for the Avs.

But I want to see Dallas-LA and LA to beat Dallas if we beat Colorado because it'd be funny if we beat the Kings in round 2.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad