Series Discussion: 2024 Playoffs - First Round - Jets vs Avalanche

Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
2020-2021 cup winner was the Tampa Bay Lightning, the beat MTL. 2021-2022 cup winner was the Avs, they beat the Lightning. Last year was Vegas 🤮🤮🤮
You're correct, my bad. I thought they repeated for some reason

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
This is it "pansit"

Go JETS GO!!!

I picked Jets in 5
If we see VEzihelly

Line 2
and
Line 3
Will be the keys,
expecting domination by line 2.

Hard to expect for line 1 to dominate if they match up against McK line.
hopefull its an even match.

Stanley and Samberg, will show how important bottom pairing in the playoffs.

Sorry Perfetti, looks like you will be seeing the pressbox for now. But get ready when you are called upon!!!

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Red Wing fan, coming back here yet again to humbly ask for a seat on your band wagon.
IMG_8414.gif
Get on!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Athletic preview for the series is out. Highlights:

• Stats have it 51% to 49% Avs. Basically a toss up.
  • Avs star power and rush game is top tier but the Jets are effective defending the rush.
  • Jets odds would likely be better if they made different personnel choices (eg Ehlers on the top line though the 2nd is so good it might not be worth breaking up, also Stanley is a net negative statisically).
  • Georgiev sucks.
  • Basically it's MacKinnon vs Hellebuyck.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I picked Jets in 6. I think if both teams play well the Jets win because they can roll 4 lines and get scoring from the bottom 6.
If Jets play their game, they win the series. If they don't and Avs get adequate goaltending, Avs win. Helle being a bit of a wildcard - any goalie can steal a series, Helle should have better odds of achieving that than Avs goalies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Athletic preview for the series is out. Highlights:

• Stats have it 51% to 49% Avs. Basically a toss up.
  • Avs star power and rush game is top tier but the Jets are effective defending the rush.
  • Jets odds would likely be better if they made different personnel choices (eg Ehlers on the top line though the 2nd is so good it might not be worth breaking up, also Stanley is a net negative statisically).
  • Georgiev sucks.
  • Basically it's MacKinnon vs Hellebuyck.
I love Ehlers too but i wouldn't change any of our lines right now, 7 wins in a row down the stretch to pass Colorado for home ice advantage tells me to just don't fix what ain't broken.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The key for the Jets is going to be to keep our top line and the Pionk pairing away from the MacKinnon line. Having home ice there helps but MacKinnon some times players like 28 mins a game where you can't really match up even at home.
It's just like playing the Oilers , just hold MacKinnon in check and we are golden. :naughty:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The key for the Jets is going to be to keep our top line and the Pionk pairing away from the MacKinnon line. Having home ice there helps but MacKinnon some times players like 28 mins a game where you can't really match up even at home.

Agree.

Also wonder if Schmidt makes sense as a Samberg partner in this series. Stan has played well but that pairing was superb for long stretches earlier in the season and Schmidt has played enough on the right to be a natural fit there. Given Bones' reluctance to play Miller thus far I don't see him starting.

Not a knock on Stan or endorsement for 88, but given that each has his warts I think Schmidt's mobility and experience might work well early on, esp with an Avs team on a mission and Mack likely playing most of the game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I see a lot of people in the main board threads really looking at the Jets as a huge overachiever in spite of a mediocre roster. It's really clear that there isn't much media coverage of the Jets around the league.

I think there are a lot of people who will be surprised when the Jets show up and present the Avs all, if not more, than they can handle. Bones system is pretty much an ideal setup to defend against super fast, super talented players like McKinnon and Makar. We've seen that in every game between the two this season.

With Makar not quite looking like himself, I suspect he is far from 100%. Rantanen seems to be in the same boat. I think the concussion he took recently has not healed fully and that could become a problem in a series when it gets physical. Hopefully Georgiev plays the way he has last game against the Jets all series (wishful thinking)

From the way the team has been playing the last bit the Jets look really healthy right now and firing on all cylinders.

This series has a lot of the same vibe to me that the Nashville-Winnipeg series did in 2018. Hoping for the same result again.

Agree but - I don't think it would be wise to expect players like Makar and Rantanen to underperform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad