Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The tickets that cost me $93 each for the first round are re-selling for around $360-400 in similar seats (we are in 314) on the ticketmaster site. Not sure if those people will get that money but that's crazy. What the hell would the finals re-sell for?

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
I see a lot of people in the main board threads really looking at the Jets as a huge overachiever in spite of a mediocre roster. It's really clear that there isn't much media coverage of the Jets around the league.

I think there are a lot of people who will be surprised when the Jets show up and present the Avs all, if not more, than they can handle. Bones system is pretty much an ideal setup to defend against super fast, super talented players like McKinnon and Makar. We've seen that in every game between the two this season.

With Makar not quite looking like himself, I suspect he is far from 100%. Rantanen seems to be in the same boat. I think the concussion he took recently has not healed fully and that could become a problem in a series when it gets physical. Hopefully Georgiev plays the way he has last game against the Jets all series (wishful thinking)

From the way the team has been playing the last bit the Jets look really healthy right now and firing on all cylinders.

This series has a lot of the same vibe to me that the Nashville-Winnipeg series did in 2018. Hoping for the same result again.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
^ for me it’s somewhere between the wild and preds of 2018. They’re just not as dominant as that preds team was.
And I like the Avs
- they do have higher end star power but we have a better bottom 6 imo and goaltending is on our side

Goalies are voodoo in playoffs and it’s a new season so who knows what will ultimately happen but one has to feel some confidence about the series as a jets fan

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Afternoon drinking has ruined the lives of so many good people......
Stumbledore off the top rope!!!!

Just wish Big Buff was around to rag doll two guys at the same time - one in each hand! :laugh:
And if we’re evoking 2018…Jets will make it to the WCF (but with a different outcome).
Thats why the Jets signed Miller... so Bones could make an example of him

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I see a lot of people in the main board threads really looking at the Jets as a huge overachiever in spite of a mediocre roster. It's really clear that there isn't much media coverage of the Jets around the league.

I think there are a lot of people who will be surprised when the Jets show up and present the Avs all, if not more, than they can handle. Bones system is pretty much an ideal setup to defend against super fast, super talented players like McKinnon and Makar. We've seen that in every game between the two this season.

With Makar not quite looking like himself, I suspect he is far from 100%. Rantanen seems to be in the same boat. I think the concussion he took recently has not healed fully and that could become a problem in a series when it gets physical. Hopefully Georgiev plays the way he has last game against the Jets all series (wishful thinking)

From the way the team has been playing the last bit the Jets look really healthy right now and firing on all cylinders.

This series has a lot of the same vibe to me that the Nashville-Winnipeg series did in 2018. Hoping for the same result again.
Totally agree and maybe good. I think the character players in this team like the underdog role and plan to win through will.

At least I hope. I picked Jets in 6 to start this all off.

With all the other negativity around in places, still trying to be positive and enjoy however long the fraud run lasts 😁

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Jets in 6 methinks.

Georgiev will be the difference. The Jets bandwagon will continue to roll.

Our recent not-so-intuitive line ups have led to significant success without much blessing from this board.

Ah well, let pour the coal to this series and see what is begat.

tumblr_n1xgnlpGzP1s5e5bko3_r1_500.gif

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
For me it's all about the SECOND win.
We've seen what winning game 1 in impressive fashion can lead to.
Nothing is safe until we repeat that feat (hopefully in game 2 or 3).

It's so easy (it seems) for teams to go from playing good to bad and visa versa...

Toffoli needs to get hot to give us that over the top offence.
Also guys like Nino who are a bit streaky. It's time to streak...
giphy.gif

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Usually you have a pretty good idea of what to expect heading into a series but in this case it's so hard to say. In the last month the Jets have had weeks where they've looked like the 1977 Montreal Canadiens and other weeks where they've looked like a draft lottery team.

Based on recent performance I'm going to say the Jets in 5, but if the BAD OLD JETS that soiled the bed vs. NYI, OTT, etc a few weeks ago show up then it will be Avs in 5. We'll likely know by the end of game 1 which one it is.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I think missing Landeskog really hurts them.

I still don't have faith in this core of course I always cheer for them.

Col in 6. Here's hoping I'm wrong 🍸

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I completely forgot about them not having Landeskog!
That team 2020/21 team that won the cup had Landeskog with 57 points and Kadri with 87. Even more importantly, their goalies put up a .927 save percentage

They managed to win the next year again without those two, but Georgiev put up a .919 that season

This makes my biggest fear this series one of their goalies catching a "Binnington" and going on a heater

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That team 2020/21 team that won the cup had Landeskog with 57 points and Kadri with 87. Even more importantly, their goalies put up a .927 save percentage

They managed to win the next year again without those two, but Georgiev put up a .919 that season

This makes my biggest fear this series one of their goalies catching a "Binnington" and going on a heater

Agree.

Always the risk that an average to crap goalie (the Avs seem to have two in the beachball category) catches fire and locks out the team with great tending against the odds.

I do think Helle has been and will be The Great Equalizer, but the Jets also have advantages in depth through the lineup, and I feel like the OMG AVS SPEED Vs JETS TORTOISE!!! thing is overrated. Ehlers and KFC are burners who can skate and skill, Barron is very quick, Appleton has some wheels, Kupari is all speed all the time and our defence has some fine mobility in JMo, DD and Pionk when he's on, while Samberg is no slouch.

I really think this is one of those series where both teams are going to have to hit their peaks to win it clean, and whilst the Avs have higher peaks (Denver, natch) with that killer top line and Makar even at 2/3 strength, the Jets have more of 'em.

So if the Jets play their best game over the series, they should take it. If they let things slip and then hangdog it, they're out.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I went with the Jets in 6 games, but I wouldn't want to bet a lot of money on that. Our big advantage is Goaltending, but Helle has not performed well in the playoffs from my memory. Maybe he can step up big, and that will go a long ways for us to take this series. We also have a lot more depth than the Avs, but they have a little more starpower, so the Jets will have to play their system, and shut down the MacKinnon line, and if they do that, I really like our chances.

We also have beaten them the last 3 times in a row that we've played them, so this is a great matchup for the Jets. The playoffs are a different ballgame though, so let's hope the Jets win this series.

I think it boils down to "who wants it more" and which team is willing to go all out to get it. We will see.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

2020-2021 cup winner was the Tampa Bay Lightning, the beat MTL. 2021-2022 cup winner was the Avs, they beat the Lightning. Last year was Vegas 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We'll likely know by the end of game 1 which one it is.
Based on some of our playoff performances I don't think we can read much into Game 1.
Vegas has shown us that a dominant Game 1 win for the Jets means nothing.
I would suggest that we'll need 3 to 4 games to see how things unfold.

Everything is possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad