Red Sox/MLB 2024 Off-Season Part 3: Full Throttle Edition: Sale Dealt to Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Do you think Tom Werner has constructed a series of illegal tunnels under Fenway Park so he can hide and not have to cross paths with fans on Yawkey Way?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Well, that's a little insulting...

I will be saying this: It wouldn't have been overly smart to add a Snell or Montgomery to the group as it's currently constructed. Once your window opens, these guys will be in decline. But this issue goes WAY further than this off-season, it's actually been going on for many years. All has been leading up to this point.

The sad part is: They will be successful with this approach. A few down years and when the time comes, they'll spend a little and get playoff-games. That's the auto-pilot mode Jeremy Jacobs used to do with the Bruins.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
As a kid I followed the Sox with rapt attention

moved around for college and grad school- followed them wherever I was

went into corporate - tracked them wherever I went ...was living in NJ when they broke the curse ...my ( elderly) mom called to say " they finally did it"

Fast forward to today - could care less.....a classic case study in how to win a number of times and then to proceed to destroy a franchise

what the owners don't realize is after anger comes irrelevance

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Their plan had better work out.

Werner is absolutely clueless.

Do you think Tom Werner has constructed a series of illegal tunnels under Fenway Park so he can hide and not have to cross paths with fans on Yawkey Way?

He's going to need to run down those tunnels more often to avoid the pitchforks and torches from the angry villagers coming to mob him and Henry in their luxury box.

When did Sam Kennedy become so spineless?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
If you give your hard earned money to these scumbags you’re insane.

They don't want nor need "you" (as in Red Sox fans from Mass) to do it, they get it from tourists and away fans. Nothing more does the word "Fenway experience" mean. That has the sound of a theme park.

They didn't have a huge attendance drop from 2018 to 2023, was it only like 8%? They have realized that they can fill the seats anyway.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
They should tear everything down. Devers, Story, Kenley, Martin, Pivetta and anyone else either making a lot of money or has more than 4 years of service time, trade them all. I want the corpse of Elvis Andrus as the everyday shortstop and Rich Hill the opening day starter for the Red Sox while the team struggles to get more than 7k attendance in August and they win 40-50 games for a couple of seasons.

Has there been another team where the owners went from spending a lot of money to not caring and it didn't involve a death or the team being sold? Henry is busy whoring himself around the world looking for investment so they can afford the Vegas nba expansion team fees while the Red Sox are an afterthought.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They should tear everything down. Devers, Story, Kenley, Martin, Pivetta and anyone else either making a lot of money or has more than 4 years of service time, trade them all. I want the corpse of Elvis Andrus as the everyday shortstop and Rich Hill the opening day starter for the Red Sox while the team struggles to get more than 7k attendance in August and they win 40-50 games for a couple of seasons.

Has there been another team where the owners went from spending a lot of money to not caring and it didn't involve a death or the team being sold? Henry is busy whoring himself around the world looking for investment so they can afford the Vegas nba expansion team fees while the Red Sox are an afterthought.
I blame Lebron

Reactions: McGarnagle

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I kinda hate that Breslow's first public moment with Sox fans is him getting booed, cause I think a lot of the stuff he's done so far is really smart and the lack of spending very obviously isn't his fault. I'm sure he knew it was coming and prepared for it, but still.

Reactions: CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I kinda hate that Breslow's first public moment with Sox fans is him getting booed, cause I think a lot of the stuff he's done so far is really smart and the lack of spending very obviously isn't his fault. I'm sure he knew it was coming and prepared for it, but still.
They essentially left him alone in the woods wearing nothing but bacon.

He doesn't deserve the boos, but it's expected. This organization deserves nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad