Red Sox/MLB 2024 Off-Season Part 3: Full Throttle Edition: Sale Dealt to Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
yeah it's not gonna be huge news cause people just really want a big signing as proof ownership is willing to invest (and I get that), but adding Bailey, Willard, and Boddy in one offseason is kinda a really big deal.
For what, 5 years from now? I could get on board with that if this type of philosophy was put into place when they hired Chaim Bloom.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
For what, 5 years from now? I could get on board with that if this type of philosophy was put into place when they hired Chaim Bloom.
I don't see these new hires as something you'll need to wait 5 years to see pay off. Like sure, hopefully this will help them better evaluate pitching talent in the draft and that will pay off down the road. But they're bringing in guys that have proven track records at getting the most out of the arms, that should have an immediate impact.

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There's a scenario where there isn't a line in the payroll, but that Breslow isn't allowed to spend $X for Y years on pitchers over 30, which knocks out Montgomery, Imanaga, and Snell. Suddenly, there isn't anyone good left who you're allowed to sign.

And maybe there's a similar line for position players. His hands are tied, but ownership can publicly say there's no internal team cap, because that's technically the case, and Breslow is too new to make a stink about it publicly (or doesn't actually disagree with that strategy).
Yah I think this is likely

Just stop with Red Sox in it narrative- it’s irritating

Please have Craig Brelow announce we aren’t in on anything

We got burned signing a pitcher 30 or one and pissed away 145 M

We like our prospects

Also no on Duval no on Turner

why? To win 81 games instead of 74

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events