GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Meanwhile, in Seattle...

GKhbhTwXkAAZ3g7

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I feel like re-signing "good" players like Onwenu and Dugger to 2nd contracts is the start of what should have been a common sense practice. Keep your actual good players. The Jakobi Meyers debacle will forever stick out.

Defense should be good enough with the return of Judon and Gonzalez. But whether it's Brissett or rookie QB x I would not expect a drastic uptick on offense. Can only go up I guess. Go full game manager and hope the QB isn't a complete puddle like Mac Jones was.

Reactions: GatorMike and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The middle of field D is impressive

They need a boundary second CB and a FS and with health and an offense that is on field close to 50% of time to keep them off field at least league average

They had 6 guys I wanted to retain and the rest can walk and they got all 6

Onwenu
Duggar
Henry
Jennings
Bourne
Austin (could be next CB steal)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like re-signing "good" players like Onwenu and Dugger to 2nd contracts is the start of what should have been a common sense practice. Keep your actual good players. The Jakobi Meyers debacle will forever stick out.

Defense should be good enough with the return of Judon and Gonzalez. But whether it's Brissett or rookie QB x I would not expect a drastic uptick on offense. Can only go up I guess. Go full game manager and hope the QB isn't a complete puddle like Mac Jones was.
This

I see them playing hard and a team all for one and one for all as opposed to factions

Hey I had Bruins as this years Islanders so:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
True story: you do NOT have to be methodical rebuilding your team in the NFL.
Dolphins took some big hits in FA on both lines - they remind me of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Bills hated Diggs so bad they killed their cap space - but they got my under the radar fav Curtis Samuel as a Z receiver and I like their TE and slot guys

Buffalo is in position to grab Mitchell from Texas at WR and would have such an underrated room

They can’t possibly have depth

Jets got best roster in division to me but their QB?????

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
AFC east wide open. No reason they couldn't go worst to first.
Really? I can think of several reasons:

They don't have a QB.

They don't have high-level offensive skill players.

They don't have enough good offensive lineman.

They have a rookie head coach, a rookie defensive coordinator, and an offensive coordinator that's never been a play-caller.

...and that's without giving it much thought.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Really? I can think of several reasons:

They don't have a QB.

They don't have high-level offensive skill players.

They don't have enough good offensive lineman.

They have a rookie head coach, a rookie defensive coordinator, and an offensive coordinator that's never been a play-caller.

...and that's without giving it much thought.
Texans last year?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Dolphins took some big hits in FA on both lines - they remind me of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Bills hated Diggs so bad they killed their cap space - but they got my under the radar fav Curtis Samuel as a Z receiver and I like their TE and slot guys

Buffalo is in position to grab Mitchell from Texas at WR and would have such an underrated room

They can’t possibly have depth

Jets got best roster in division to me but their QB?????
I think Rodgers is due for a big season if he’s healthy. He’s never been a physical attributes guy, he’s more methodical like Brady. A year off he’s well rested. If the Jets o-line can keep him upright they are my pick to win the division

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
The middle of field D is impressive

They need a boundary second CB and a FS and with health and an offense that is on field close to 50% of time to keep them off field at least league average

They had 6 guys I wanted to retain and the rest can walk and they got all 6

Onwenu
Duggar
Henry
Jennings
Bourne
Austin (could be next CB steal)

I _really_ like how Austin played after joining the team last year. Completely agree here - could be a massive theft.

Reactions: bbfan419

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Rodgers is due for a big season if he’s healthy. He’s never been a physical attributes guy, he’s more methodical like Brady. A year off he’s well rested. If the Jets o-line can keep him upright they are my pick to win the division
Jets added vets on the OLine, but would IMO be irresponsible to not take an OT at 10. It's a deep OT draft, but doesn't mean all of them will be great or good. Can't rely on T.Smith to play all 17 games.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Aaron Rodgers was all about those throws on the run. Don’t think I agree with you at all

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Aaron Rodgers was all about those throws on the run. Don’t think I agree with you at all
Yeah mobility is a big part of his game. He’ll still be able to hang in the pocket and be a very good QB but his ability to create was truly a difference maker for him. Plus he’s fragile so he could break down even further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad