Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Pronman's latest list is out, and I keep thinking he's a hack.

1. Macklin Celebrini
  2. Artyom Levshunov
  3. Carter Yakemchuk
  4. Zeev Buium
  5. Anton Silayev
  6. Berkly Catton
  7. Zayne Parekh
  8. Ivan Demidov
  9. Sam Dickinson
  10. Konsta Helenius
  11. Cayden Lindstrom
  12. Beckett Sennecke
  13. Adam Jiricek
  14. Cole Eiserman
  15. Tij Iginla
  16. Igor Chernyshov
  17. Liam Greentree
  18. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
  19. Egor Surin
  20. Michael Hage
  21. Trevor Connelly
  22. Cole Beaudoin
  23. Charlie Elick
  24. Linus Eriksson
  25. Sacha Boisvert
  26. Julius Miettinen
  27. Dominik Badinka
  28. Nikita Artamonov
  29. Aron Kiviharju
  30. Leo Sahlin Wallenius
  31. Adam Kleber
  32. Terik Parascak

Yakemchuk at 3, Catton at 6, Demidov at 8, and Eiserman at 14 are all certainly choices.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

1. Macklin Celebrini
  2. Artyom Levshunov
  3. Carter Yakemchuk
  4. Zeev Buium
  5. Anton Silayev
  6. Berkly Catton
  7. Zayne Parekh
  8. Ivan Demidov
  9. Sam Dickinson
  10. Konsta Helenius
  11. Cayden Lindstrom
  12. Beckett Sennecke
  13. Adam Jiricek
  14. Cole Eiserman
  15. Tij Iginla
  16. Igor Chernyshov
  17. Liam Greentree
  19. Egor Surin
  20. Michael Hage
  21. Trevor Connelly
  22. Cole Beaudoin
  23. Charlie Elick
  24. Linus Eriksson
  25. Sacha Boisvert
  26. Julius Miettinen
  27. Dominik Badinka
  28. Nikita Artamonov
  29. Aron Kiviharju
  30. Leo Sahlin Wallenius
  31. Adam Kleber
  32. Terik Parascak

Yakemchuk at 3, Catton at 6, Demidov at 8, and Eiserman at 14 are all certainly choices.
I actually don’t mind his list tbh, especially if it’s more based on where he thinks they will go, not who is most talented.

Yakemchuk at 3 if we’re at 3 is a very possible pick

Reactions: Kalv

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Pronman is the guy with the most accurate mock draft a couple days before the draft. He definitely have sources to know what is up.

I like Yakemchuk early and would be happy if we took him.

Lindstrom will go earlier than he has him ranked. Even though he has been injured he is a big elite C and they always go early.

Badinka in our range which is promising. Hopefully we can get him with Oilers pick.

Elick already out of range for us which shows that these big D are likely going to go earlier than predicted on draft day.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pronman is the guy with the most accurate mock draft a couple days before the draft. He definitely have sources to know what is up.

I like Yakemchuk early and would be happy if we took him.

Lindstrom will go earlier than he has him ranked. Even though he has been injured he is a big elite C and they always go early.

Badinka in our range which is promising. Hopefully we can get him with Oilers pick.

Elick already out of range for us which shows that these big D are likely going to go earlier than predicted on draft day.
I think lindstrom prob goes to columbus at 4

If MBN is there past 15, we should be looking really hard for a trade

I do like Emery at our 2nd, if elick isn’t there for oilers 1st…. If we do go levshunov/yakemchuk at 3… I don’t think we go dmen at oilers pick.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Ah yes, look at all of those highly touted russian prospects. Any prospect who would make any KHL impact has had to spend time stuck there, getting loaned over teams barely getting chances. So because of the russian factor they lost opportunities they would have had elsewhere. If you were to make a case for downplaying the factor, this is a horrible take.

Just settle with the uncertainty and difficulty of getting the guys good environments in Russia as NHL prospects if you don't want to drum up this big factor issue. It's not just about them coming over, it's the issues developing on the way. It's like you see this shit happening year after year to countless players and you manage to stay ignorant to the fact. This is not aimed toward any poster, just general opinion of the russian thing seeing it over the fence, so to speak.

Reactions: MD93 and Kalv

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Ya the Russian factor is a ghost story at this point. Fedotov was in a completely unique position since he was actively serving in the military.

Obviously they WANT to keep their good young players, but until they actually start keeping players from coming then it's the boogieman.

To me every prospect has risk. Being Russian is just something to take into account, the same way Lindstrom injuries is, or Connelly's off ice issues are, etc.
I had zero interest in drafting Michkov and it was because the other guys available were similar level players and because Michkov's concerns were not just because he was Russian but because he was trying to pick and choose what teams he went to.

I think Demidov is closer to Celebrini then #3. If the Ducks take a forward I really hope it is him.

Reactions: lwvs84 and tomd

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ah yes, look at all of those highly touted russian prospects. Any prospect who would make any KHL impact has had to spend time stuck there, getting loaned over teams barely getting chances. So because of the russian factor they lost opportunities they would have had elsewhere. If you were to make a case for downplaying the factor, this is a horrible take.

Just settle with the uncertainty and difficulty of getting the guys good environments in Russia as NHL prospects if you don't want to drum up this big factor issue. It's not just about them coming over, it's the issues developing on the way. It's like you see this shit happening year after year to countless players and you manage to stay ignorant to the fact. This is not aimed toward any poster, just general opinion of the russian thing seeing it over the fence, so to speak.
It's not much different than kids playing in NA junior or college or European leagues. NHL teams generally don't control the development of prospects until they are around 20 and can begin professional hockey. As for Russia, very few teenagers are ready to play in the KHL so they spend time in the VHL or MHL. The caliber of hockey in those leagues is similar to Canadien junior hockey.

But the main point is that if Russians are coming over at 20/21 then any NHL team should have no issue drafting a potential top line player from Russia using a high draft pick.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ya the Russian factor is a ghost story at this point. Fedotov was in a completely unique position since he was actively serving in the military.

Obviously they WANT to keep their good young players, but until they actually start keeping players from coming then it's the boogieman.

To me every prospect has risk. Being Russian is just something to take into account, the same way Lindstrom injuries is, or Connelly's off ice issues are, etc.
I had zero interest in drafting Michkov and it was because the other guys available were similar level players and because Michkov's concerns were not just because he was Russian but because he was trying to pick and choose what teams he went to.

I think Demidov is closer to Celebrini then #3. If the Ducks take a forward I really hope it is him.
I agree wholeheartedly. Demidov is a gamebreaker type of player that the Ducks desperately need.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
FWIW with the talk about Russians coming over

That's a silly tweet. The worry is not that no Russian has left Russia in the last 12 months (although 7 guys isn't really all that reassuring).

Russia's immigration/emigration ratio has collapsed over the last 12 months actually -- millions have left and Moscow's official immigration number--the one the've released--was around 64k, last I saw. So it hasn't been all that hard to actually leave over the past year. Most of those won't return, that's the problem. They're coming here, they're going to Turkey, they're going to China, and they're overstaying (or sneaking in and hiding).

That's not sustainable for any nation, let alone one fighting a war that costs it hundreds of thousands of fighting aged men every year. And they know that. They've modernized their visa and passport systems for the first time since the early aughts and more ominously their recruitment system, probably because they were tired of having indemnity officers being beaten to death in the ethnic republics. Now they can close the borders by flagging a would-be emigree in the system as having been selected for mobilization without physically sending notices out.

There are obviously nuanced issues at play, Russia is a chauvinist nation with a de facto hierarchy placing ethnic Russians at the top, and they are concentrated in European Russia and especially Moscow oblast, that's also where most of the money is and where the cultural and media center of Russia lies, and that area is the least likely to be disturbed by the war. That's why the ethnic republics have borne the brunt so far. There is a public balance to worry about, which is why mobilization has been painstaking.

At some point, I think the calculus will change. Being Russian, remaining in Russia, bringing glory from within the borders, will matter. It has already affected millions who have tried to leave, including some higher profile Russians, and I think that will keep trickling up.

To be clear, I don't care about Russia or Russians. They deserve their fate. But I wouldn't want to risk wasting a high first round pick after the season we just had. I'm sure Demidov and Silayev are nice prospects but there are others just as good.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
It's not much different than kids playing in NA junior or college or European leagues. NHL teams generally don't control the development of prospects until they are around 20 and can begin professional hockey. As for Russia, very few teenagers are ready to play in the KHL so they spend time in the VHL or MHL. The caliber of hockey in those leagues is similar to Canadien junior hockey.

But the main point is that if Russians are coming over at 20/21 then any NHL team should have no issue drafting a potential top line player from Russia using a high draft pick.
You can't be serious.

KHL looks to actively harm those players' future development. CHL teams listen to NHL teams regarding individual players' development in order to keep the players longer and have better teams. The situation is not comparable in any way.

The top prospects in recent years could have all made SKA and made it better, scored more than in Sochi etc. But they didn't get the opportunity because they're going to leave for the NHL anyway later. They actively shoot themselves in the foot in order to hurt products of their system. It's a bad environment.

No issues? Sounds like issues to me, and any professional organisation would take those factors into consideration. Sure, as a fan you probably don't need to worry about the prospects too much but teams are going to, and for good reason. That's why there is a factor, that is why russian players slide. I don't know what to tell you, the evidence is in the pudding.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

1. Macklin Celebrini
  2. Artyom Levshunov
  3. Carter Yakemchuk
  4. Zeev Buium
  5. Anton Silayev
  6. Berkly Catton
  7. Zayne Parekh
  8. Ivan Demidov
  9. Sam Dickinson
  10. Konsta Helenius
  11. Cayden Lindstrom
  12. Beckett Sennecke
  13. Adam Jiricek
  14. Cole Eiserman
  15. Tij Iginla
  16. Igor Chernyshov
  17. Liam Greentree
  19. Egor Surin
  20. Michael Hage
  21. Trevor Connelly
  22. Cole Beaudoin
  23. Charlie Elick
  24. Linus Eriksson
  25. Sacha Boisvert
  26. Julius Miettinen
  27. Dominik Badinka
  28. Nikita Artamonov
  29. Aron Kiviharju
  30. Leo Sahlin Wallenius
  31. Adam Kleber
  32. Terik Parascak

i'd be on board with yakemchuk at 3. i like his game a lot better than levshunov's and i think we'd all agree that this team could use a big, physical d-man

just please stay far away from demidov

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You can't be serious.

KHL looks to actively harm those players' future development. CHL teams listen to NHL teams regarding individual players' development in order to keep the players longer and have better teams. The situation is not comparable in any way.

The top prospects in recent years could have all made SKA and made it better, scored more than in Sochi etc. But they didn't get the opportunity because they're going to leave for the NHL anyway later. They actively shoot themselves in the foot in order to hurt products of their system. It's a bad environment.

No issues? Sounds like issues to me, and any professional organisation would take those factors into consideration. Sure, as a fan you probably don't need to worry about the prospects too much but teams are going to, and for good reason. That's why there is a factor, that is why russian players slide. I don't know what to tell you, the evidence is in the pudding.
I understand your concerns and there is some validity to them especially amongst certain organizations within the KHL. Silayev is already in the KHL playing big minutes. Demidov is stuck in the MHL b/c his KHL team knows he is leaving for NA after next season and doesn't want to waste time on him. But both Demidov and Silayev can - and almost certainly will - come over after the 24-25 season when they'll be 19 years old. Are you seriously saying that an NHL team can't develop them at that age? That they are already ruined? That seems extreme and maybe your location is coloring your opinion a bit on this issue. I don't blame you for that but you may not be as objective as you should be.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
i'd be on board with yakemchuk at 3. i like his game a lot better than levshunov's and i think we'd all agree that this team could use a big, physical d-man

just please stay far away from demidov
I like Yakemchuk but Pronman is an extreme outlier on him. There are real concerns about his ability to do the things offensively in the NHL that he does in the WHL. Defensively he is a bit of a trainwreck and that is troubling. And keeping in mind that this was his 3rd year of junior, he should be putting up the numbers that he did. But I'll admit that IF he reaches his full potential he would be a great pick.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like Yakemchuk but Pronman is an extreme outlier on him. There are real concerns about his ability to do the things offensively in the NHL that he does in the WHL. Defensively he is a bit of a trainwreck and that is troubling. And keeping in mind that this was his 3rd year of junior, he should be putting up the numbers that he did. But I'll admit that IF he reaches his full potential he would be a great pick.
It’s just an awkward draft for us.

Levshunov is still the guy I want most but if San Jose loses the lottery I think they go levshunov , after that I’m pretty conflicted.

I guess gun to head if we’re up and levshunov is gone I prob want 1 of yakemchuk/buium.

-Not a big fan of lindstrom and even less with the back injury
-I tend to find Silayev over hyped due to his potential unicorn
-Dickinson seems like a safe pick, but I don’t see high upside with him
-Demidov I’ll just say I’m not comfortable using top 5 pick on Russian winger

I do think the play here is to trade down to the 6-10 range, unless levshunov is on board

Reactions: forever1922

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I just hope whoever the scouting staff feels is the 2nd best player is still on the board when the Ducks pick (well, I hope we win the lottery but that's more of a dream than a hope).

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
It’s just an awkward draft for us.

Levshunov is still the guy I want most but if San Jose loses the lottery I think they go levshunov , after that I’m pretty conflicted.

I guess gun to head if we’re up and levshunov is gone I prob want 1 of yakemchuk/buium.

-Not a big fan of lindstrom and even less with the back injury
-I tend to find Silayev over hyped due to his potential unicorn
-Dickinson seems like a safe pick, but I don’t see high upside with him
-Demidov I’ll just say I’m not comfortable using top 5 pick on Russian winger

I do think the play here is to trade down to the 6-10 range, unless levshunov is on board
I tend to agree, the best fits aren't there. Buium perhaps, I don't think Yak has all that much to add to our D core.

I think I'd gamble on Demidov, he has what we need more than anyone in this draft. Although of course less valuable than Celebrini.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I tend to agree, the best fits aren't there. Buium perhaps, I don't think Yak has all that much to add to our D core.

I think I'd gamble on Demidov, he has what we need more than anyone in this draft. Although of course less valuable than Celebrini.

See I think yakemchuk is a decent fit…. But prob a reach at 3.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I understand your concerns and there is some validity to them especially amongst certain organizations within the KHL. Silayev is already in the KHL playing big minutes. Demidov is stuck in the MHL b/c his KHL team knows he is leaving for NA after next season and doesn't want to waste time on him. But both Demidov and Silayev can - and almost certainly will - come over after the 24-25 season when they'll be 19 years old. Are you seriously saying that an NHL team can't develop them at that age? That they are already ruined? That seems extreme and maybe your location is coloring your opinion a bit on this issue. I don't blame you for that but you may not be as objective as you should be.
I didn't say anything regarding specific players, their situations or how NHL teams could develop them. You made a point of CHL and KHL being similar, which I refuted.

I like Demidov, and I don't think he is in as bad of a situation with his short deal. But next year in the KHL could be mostly a waste for him regarding competition and team play if he were to make it clear he will go to NA next year. I have nothing against russians or russian players, they have no say whatsoever in the situations they find themselves in.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I didn't say anything regarding specific players, their situations or how NHL teams could develop them. You made a point of CHL and KHL being similar, which I refuted.

I like Demidov, and I don't think he is in as bad of a situation with his short deal. But next year in the KHL could be mostly a waste for him regarding competition and team play if he were to make it clear he will go to NA next year. I have nothing against russians or russian players, they have no say whatsoever in the situations they find themselves in.
Actually I made a point of CHL and MHL being similar. Or at least that was my intent.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Out of curiosity what’s everyone’s opinion on Adam Jiricek?

Where do you think he ends up going? If he starts to fall how early would you consider grabbing him (if at all)?

He has a good frame, room to add weight… he’s on the younger side of the draft(turns 18 on day 1 of draft), right handed dmen.

Seems like he’s kinda placed all over the draft

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad