Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I expect another top 10 pick. If they trade Gibson then we should buckle up for another very rough season.

There are a lot of defensemen projected in the top half of the 1st round, which is unusual this far out from the draft. Defensemen are usually the risers in the draft year.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
2019 Zegras F
2020 Drysdale D
2021 McTavish F
2022 Mintyukov D
2023 Carlsson F

In a D heavy draft given our pattern through this rebuild its likely we go D so will be interesting to follow the top D in this draft class.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
2019 Zegras F
2020 Drysdale D
2021 McTavish F
2022 Mintyukov D
2023 Carlsson F

In a D heavy draft given our pattern through this rebuild it’s likely we go D so will be interesting to follow the top D in this draft class.
We do need another top pairing D, but a goal-scoring winger would be nice too.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We have this guy to look forward to next year… we get to watch the Flyers or Predators take him ahead of us as they already started the tank. Or better yet… we pass on him since he prefers to return to school or says he’s a Bruin fan and admires Wheelers career path.

1688166592969.png

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Already a mock draft on 2024 NHL Mock Draft with Lottery Simulator | Tankathon they got 3 guys at 5'8 & 1 at 5'7. Hope they have a big growth spurt.

I think I go with RW Konsta Helenius if they pick #4, could grow to 6'1, already have heard he's very good and fills a need for elite right shot RW upside. I don't think they'll pick 4th, more like 8th to 12th.

This draft is known to have lots of Dmen but still seems less good than the Dmen in 2021 and 2022 ?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I expect another top 10 pick. If they trade Gibson then we should buckle up for another very rough season.

There are a lot of defensemen projected in the top half of the 1st round, which is unusual this far out from the draft. Defensemen are usually the risers in the draft year.
We had gibson last year and got last place? Why we acting like he’s doing anything to keep us from sucking

Reactions: Deuce22

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
We had gibson last year and got last place? Why we acting like he’s doing anything to keep us from sucking
I mean, I said they would be top 10 with him. It isn’t like I’m expecting him to carry them to the playoffs.

I still think without Gibson the Ducks would have been like 10 points worse this year.

Which is why I think this years team would also be atleast 10 points worse without him next year.

Bleak

Jul 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, CA
I remember Gibby stealing tons of games for us last season. Maybe 7-8. These games we had no business winning but Gibby was anti-tank commander.

I will say the lack of high level play was from a system stand point though. Our team just looked lost.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Ducks could have a literal brick wall last season and would still lose due to the wall breaking down from all the shots.

Terrible system and a terrible roster is a recipe for disaster. The terrible system is gone and the roster is still not done so it could be wise to wait and see what the team looks like before moving Gibson for a draft pick that’ll likely be a third rounder that is ranked 300 on most websites draft projections list.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Macklin Celebrini enters the 2024 NHL Draft as the clear No. 1 prospect. At the moment, he looks like an average No. 1 pick, a player with a chance to become a star center in the NHL and a legit building block for a rebuilding team.

After a 2023 NHL Draft that lacked premier defense talent, the way-too-early indicators are that 2024 will be the opposite. Five defensemen are included in my initial top 10 projected players.

1688567367006.png

15 defensemen on this list. Crazy

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Kiviharju dropped that ‘far’? Haven’t seen his prospect thread in a while. Thought he would for sure challenge the top spot

Still - very early ranking
I don't see anyone challenging the top 3. They seem like a tier above everyone else.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Kiviharju was expected to break into TPS last season and for whatever reason just couldn't quite do it. Some of it was due to poor coaching overall for them last season and some due to his defensive zone wall play (just too weak against men), but still, it limited his ice time and exposure and he fell. He's a prime candidate to rise up once again though, just needs to break in to Liiga and perform. He's perfectly capable of it if he gained weight and strength this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad