Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
The ducks would have to have another really god awful season to draft Eiserman. He’s going to challenge for 1st overall
If we luck out and get a lottery pick then I want him otherwise its one of the big D preferably RD

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Eiserman most likely will be a pipe dream, unfortunately. Guy's as legit as they get and he missed the deadline for being a 2025-eligible by what, three days? He's going to make literally every team better, no matter who will draft him.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Not worried about wing depth at all. 1 of Z, McT, or Carlsson will already be moving to the wing. If they draft another center (like winning the lottery and getting Celebrini) then another one of them can easily move to the wing.

I will say that the personnel at the top end of this draft seems like it is tailor made for the Ducks. Only 1 center in the top 15, loaded with wingers and defensemen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Totally agree. If we can get a top pairing d that would be huge for the long term success of the team. For our later picks I would look at high upside wingers.
Yep still think we’re missing a legit top guy

I think Minyukov could be
Cole Eiserman

If not then one of the defenders;
Artyom Levshunov
Henry Mews
Sam Dickinson
Zayne Parekh
Adam Jiricek
That’s basically how I feel.

Eiserman is a glove fit for our forward group, if he’s available he’s the guy I want.. if not I go dmen

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Saw this posted earlier... seems like bader agrees... itll be interesting to see how these 3 guys develop the rest of the year and where they end up stacking against last years insane top end (doesnt even include carlsson in his thing).

I think the dmen in this years draft are much more intriguing than last years, if the forwards start catching up to last years group.... might be another perfect year to end up in top 5... and honestly wouldn't mind moving assets to get back into the top 15 on draft day. Grab a high end forward + high talent dmen

Reactions: lwvs84

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Saw this posted earlier... seems like bader agrees... itll be interesting to see how these 3 guys develop the rest of the year and where they end up stacking against last years insane top end (doesnt even include carlsson in his thing).

I think the dmen in this years draft are much more intriguing than last years, if the forwards start catching up to last years group.... might be another perfect year to end up in top 5... and honestly wouldn't mind moving assets to get back into the top 15 on draft day. Grab a high end forward + high talent dmen
Thoughts on Konsta Helenius ? Tankathon has him ranked 6th.
I like Levshunov for Dmen, 6'2. Another bigger guy to balance out having Drysdale and Zellweger.
I hope Kiviharju grows to 6'1 because he might be good too.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This is our time to win the lottery. Let's gooooooo
The sad thing is that I believe that the Ducks are considered to have "won" the lottery this year by picking 2nd. I could be wrong about that but that's my understanding about how it works. Given that a team can only "win" the lottery twice in a five year span, I'd rather they win the lottery again in 2025 given how that draft is shaping up. I don't think the top 2 in 2024 are going to be that much better than the other players available in the top 10. Just my opinion based on no games having been played so far in the 23-24 season.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
The sad thing is that I believe that the Ducks are considered to have "won" the lottery this year by picking 2nd. I could be wrong about that but that's my understanding about how it works. Given that a team can only "win" the lottery twice in a five year span, I'd rather they win the lottery again in 2025 given how that draft is shaping up. I don't think the top 2 in 2024 are going to be that much better than the other players available in the top 10. Just my opinion based on no games having been played so far in the 23-24 season.
That's not correct. As far as a "win" in the lottery is concerned with the new rules, a team has to have moved up from their original position.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That's not correct. As far as a "win" in the lottery is concerned with the new rules, a team has to have moved up from their original position.

There is a lottery for 1st overall and 2nd overall. We had a 25.5% chance of winning the 1st overall pick and we didn't win it. At 2nd overall, we had an 18.8% to win it and we did.

Tankathon gives the "odds of winning", we aren't guaranteed to win 1st overall or 2nd overall.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
There is a lottery for 1st overall and 2nd overall. We had a 25.5% chance of winning the 1st overall pick and we didn't win it. At 2nd overall, we had an 18.8% to win it and we did.

Tankathon gives the "odds of winning", we aren't guaranteed to win 1st overall or 2nd overall.

I understand that, and it also has nothing to do with the issue tomd was questioning. Even though we won one of the draws, we did not move up in position. Therefore it's not considered a "win" as far as the twice in five years clause.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Straight up disrespect to Carlsson lol

No worries. Carlsson is in the similar mold as McTavish. Let's look at terribly the mass media disprected McTavish.

Pronman's U23 for 2021, 2021 draft class focus:

9th. D Power (2021, 1st OA) tier 3​
21st. RW Guenther, (2021, 9th OA) tier 4​
24th. LW Eklund (2021, 7th OA) tier 5​
26th. D L. Hughes (2021, 4th OA) tier 5​
31st. C Beniers (2021, 2nd OA) tier 5​
36th. C K. Johnson (2021, 5th OA) tier 5​
47th. D Clarke (2021, 8th OA) tier 6​
63rd. C McTavish (2021, 3rd OA) tier 6​

Central Scouting Final rankings, 2021 North America: McTavish #2 overall

Central Scouting Final rankings, 2023 Europe: Carlsson #1 overall (Michkov #2)

Gotta give credit to Central Scouting!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I understand that, and it also has nothing to do with the issue tomd was questioning. Even though we won one of the draws, we did not move up in position. Therefore it's not considered a "win" as far as the twice in five years clause.

From nhl.com:

Two other changes will begin with the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery:

-- Teams will be restricted from moving up more than 10 spots if it wins one of the lottery draws.
-- Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.

Where does it say that "only moving up" counts as a win? If you've got a link that specifically says "a win means you only move up", then alright. But if we won the 1st overall, then we didn't "move up in position". Does that mean we won the 2023 1st overall doesn't count as a win and we have two more opportunities in a five-year period whenever we "move up in position"?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
From nhl.com:

-- Teams will be restricted from moving up more than 10 spots if it wins one of the lottery draws.
-- Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.

Where does it say that "only moving up" counts as a win? If you've got a link that specifically says "a win means you only move up", then alright. But if we won the 1st overall, then we didn't "move up in position". Does that mean we won the 2023 1st overall doesn't count as a win and we have two more opportunities in a five-year period whenever we "move up in position"?
It was clarified later. I asked the same thing before the lottery.

It only counts against you if you move up.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

JonathnTaylorTavares

Feb 4, 2019
But if we won the 1st overall, then we didn't "move up in position". Does that mean we won the 2023 1st overall doesn't count as a win and we have two more opportunities in a five-year period whenever we "move up in position"?
That is the way I understood it. Mostly from Montreal fans being very vocal about getting Bedard, so who knows

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
From nhl.com:

“No single team will be able to advance in the Draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two (2) times in any five (5) year period. This limitation will not affect a Club’s ability to retain its presumptive Draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the Club moving down in Draft Order to the extent other Clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick.”

So yes, had we gotten the first overall pick, it would not have been considered a win for the purposes of the new rules, since we wouldn’t have moved up.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I'll go against the grain and say I'd much rather we drafted high on a winger. Our D corps is already stocked. Sure true 1Ds don't grow on trees, but our wing pool is so barren that help is sorely needed there.

We already have so many high profile players coming up that we won't have astronomical amounts of cap space left for luring first line wingers when our time to compete comes. Getting talented young players on ELCs and their first contracts to shore up the roster may become unfathomably important.
Might be the year we trade down our 1st to a desperate for a top dman pick. And we could get 2 wings, or a wing we really like and a large depth dman. Scratch this all. Probably won’t happen honestly and we take a huge tough dman.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Would you rather have the 2023 1st overall to pick Bedard, and say the 10th over all pick in the 2024 draft, or keep Carlsson at the 2nd overall pick in 2023, and get the 2nd overall pick again in 2024 to get one of Celebrini or Eiserman?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The ducks are going to be no where near the bottom of the league in 2024-2025 though.

The 2024 draft is very likely the last top 5-10 pick we get for a long time IMO

I suppose it’s possible but much more likely they’re a mid-range team in 2024-2025

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
The ducks are going to be no where near the bottom of the league in 2024-2025 though.

The 2024 draft is very likely the last top 5-10 pick we get for a long time IMO

I suppose it’s possible but much more likely they’re a mid-range team in 2024-2025
Yeah, if the Ducks are still in the lottery talks in 2024-2025 something has went terribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad