2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is also greentree who is good but if we are in the 7-8 range I hope one of demimedov or Lindstrom falls if not there is.catton and helenius still there after macklin I think it goes silayev, lev, demimedov and Lindstrom top 5 3 forwards 2 d men. We don't need a d man but with the Russian factor and who picks where I think a team ahead of us will like yam and another team might jump at eiserman I think if we draft 7-8 we are guaranteed one of catton or helenius

I mentioned Greentree further back in the thread as well as Brandsegg-Nygard who I like a lot. First night spending time watching Greentree specifically, he dropped 6 points on Peterborough.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I mentioned Greentree further back in the thread as well as Brandsegg-Nygard who I like a lot. First night spending time watching Greentree specifically, he dropped 6 points on Peterborough.
Yeah he seems like a guy who's skillset compliments our forwards same with nygard I wouldn't mind trading back and maybe getting a bottom 6 forward in the trade if we can gurantee one of those two and obligatory Rosen throw in to make it happen but who knows maybe we trade kulich instead.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah he seems like a guy who's skillset compliments our forwards same with nygard I wouldn't mind trading back and maybe getting a bottom 6 forward in the trade if we can gurantee one of those two and obligatory Rosen throw in to make it happen but who knows maybe we trade kulich instead.

Trade downs almost never happen though. Just saying, it's not the NFL.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

9. Pittsburgh Penguins: Berkly Catton, C (Spokane, WHL)​

Catton is this year’s Zach Benson: an extremely skilled forward who’s getting knocked a bit for his more petite frame. Catton is one of the most creative forwards in this class, putting up great numbers at every level. The dynamic forward has a bright future as a top-six scoring threat, and I know Penguins fans will fall in love with him quickly.

Can Adams pass on Catton if he's there?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If he dropped it'd be eerily similar to Benson and just because of size concerns. Catton is better offensively, Benson with higher motor and defensive willingness.
I'd still happily take him, size be damned. Start trading one of our million prospects for big guys, since everyone seems to feel they have so much value. Savoie, Kulich, Osltlund, Rosen need to be flipped for bigger prospects with maybe a lower offensive ceilings so that we're able to take the Catton's and Benson's of the world when they fall in our lap.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I'd still happily take him, size be damned. Start trading one of our million prospects for big guys, since everyone seems to feel they have so much value. Savoie, Kulich, Osltlund, Rosen need to be flipped for bigger prospects with maybe a lower offensive ceilings so that we're able to take the Catton's and Benson's of the world when they fall in our lap.
You just take BPA which they've pretty much have done, unfortunately that has resulted in a too homogeneous prospect pool

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If they deem a defenseman to be BPA, don't panic.

This is not the NFL. This is not a league that has a lot of trading down or shuffling about. It is rare in the top 10, only mildly more frequent in the middle 10. It's okay if they take a guy who they think is BPA. There are very few guys in the top half of the first round as currently ranked who are "small" and all three of the sub-6' guys are listed at 5'11" and have dynamic skills, particularly their skating.

So again, folks, when they make their pick... don't panic.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Hard to say who will be available or where the Sabres pick, but if it's between 10-14, I got guys like Iginla, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Brandsegg-Nygard in that range who I think would all be solid choices. I'm not a big fan of Dickinson, though idk if he drops that far. Catton I haven't done much scouting on yet but I've heard great things.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I grade drafts by the ease of name pronunciation. Wheeler just published his early look at the 2025 draft. Lots of easy names. Going to be a good draft.

I'd trade the 2024 1st. Too many weird last names.

Shout out to Rob Ray.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thinking in the 2nd round and wondering if this kid lasts to 40-ish or if they can get back into the late 20's to make sure they could select him:

Manning predicts that Letourneau will end up around 230 pounds when he's fully developed, and that's a heckuva lot of player to slow down, especially one who loves to carry the puck up the ice and has playmaking ability.

Yes, this is similar to me being interested in Daniel But and Dmitri Simashev based at first on sheer mass and then finding they are both really good players. I don't think he makes it out of the low 20's, let alone all the way down to where Buffalo now sits in the 2nd round (pick 40 as of today).

Reactions: elchud and HOOats

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3