2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Anyone know how Levshunov play is in his own end?
Supposed to be improving rapidly and built on a really great toolbox. He's more of a transition-focused, two-way defender. He's probably more likely to be a good #2, but has the tools to be a legit #1D. He's expected to play in the NCAA this year

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Supposed to be improving rapidly and built on a really great toolbox. He's more of a transition-focused, two-way defender. He's probably more likely to be a good #2, but has the tools to be a legit #1D. He's expected to play in the NCAA this year
Thanks
I like that he's a RD
Sounds like a very good consolation prize if we Misa out on #1

Reactions: Sandisfan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Any generational prespects coming up in the next 2-3 drafts? I think I remember seeing or reading about a Swedish kid who’s supposed to be pretty damn good.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Any generational prespects coming up in the next 2-3 drafts? I think I remember seeing or reading about a Swedish kid who’s supposed to be pretty damn good.
There's a lot fo guys to keep an eye out for but I don't know if any has risen to that generational level. 2024 has Eiserman, Celebrini, Levshunov, Howe, Demidov, Jiricek, and Kiviharju. 2025 has Misa, Hagens

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
There's a lot fo guys to keep an eye out for but I don't know if any has risen to that generational level. 2024 has Eiserman, Celebrini, Levshunov, Howe, Demidov, Jiricek, and Kiviharju. 2025 has Misa, Hagens
Hagens put together some incredible scoring numbers for a 16 year old during Hlinka tournament and also playing with our Will Smith. Perhaps we draft him in Top 3 in 2025 and reunite him with Smith…

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
It’s funny because I think if Peterson can keep up his play, and Eklund/Duclair play up to potential, I think our offense is actually a little more balanced than it was last year.

But our defense (particularly without Karlsson) and goalies are so bad, I don’t know how we aren’t going to end up with a top 3 pick.

Losing every game 5-4 would make for a fun tank

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Losing every game 5-4 would make for a fun tank

Honestly my hope, yeah. I want Eklund to finally arrive and I want to see him and Duclair breathe a little fire into Hertl (who seems determined to have a good year). But unless Mukh, Knyzhov and Thrun have some crazy jump in development and Karlsson fetches a legit offensive defenseman, that back end is probably worst in the league.

The most obvious way you know Grier wants at least one more bad year is when he looked at our D-corp and said, publicly, “we’re probably done with our D.”

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So who is gonna make their avatar Burt Macklin?
 Burt_Macklin_Celebrini.gif

SJSHARKS HF BOARD OWLS! That's who!

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015

Based on Las Vegas odds, has Sharks picking 2nd with Eiserman.
Top-12 only has 2 centers (Celebrini and Helenius). Several good wing and defense prospects. Makes you wonder if that played an additional role (however small) in taking a center this year.

Long term, a top line of Eiserman - Smith, and a second line of Eklund - Bystedt both have the potential to be a nice framework for a roster.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Top-12 only has 2 centers (Celebrini and Helenius). Several good wing and defense prospects. Makes you wonder if that played an additional role (however small) in taking a center this year.

Long term, a top line of Eiserman - Smith, and a second line of Eklund - Bystedt both have the potential to be a nice framework for a roster.
I mean this years class had the worst d prospects in recent memory. Next year is loaded with D and weak for centers, just natural I guess. If the Sharks miss out on a top 3 pick there should be lots of opportunity to get a good d man in the top 10.

Reactions: Gecklund

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015
I mean this years class had the worst d prospects in recent memory. Next year is loaded with D and weak for centers, just natural I guess. If the Sharks miss out on a top 3 pick there should be lots of opportunity to get a good d man in the top 10.
Exactly. Might be part of the reason you choose Smith over Reinbacher (who we heard was heavily considered by the Sharks) this year, because you know you can get a D or W just as good next year. Not to discount Smith - sounds like the Sharks are very happy with him at 4.

Reactions: Friday

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
In a vacuum, should go D. But given where we are at, we still need to go BPA.

That being said, given the distribution on that linked mock draft from the Athletic, I'd think Sharks would favor a D with #1 potential over the wingers (Eiserman, Demidov, Brandsegg-Nygard) if Celebrini (C) is gone.

Corey Pronman had these 5 D in his top 10 in the mock draft:
Artyom Levshunov RHD - 6'2 offensive-minded, impressive mobility, PP QB, defensive play needs some work - generally seen as the one with the best #1 D potential.
Sam Dickinson LHD - 6'3 high motor w/ offense, very good 2-way defender
Carter Yakemchuk RHD - 6'2 great offense, skill, NHL mobility, dynamic
Aron Kiviharju LHD - 5'10 outstanding hockey IQ, tons of offense, size w/ good but not amazing skating leaves some question marks
Charlie Elick RHD - 6'3 top shut down D, Big, highly mobile, competitive, is he a natural puck mover is the open question mark.

Positional breakdown for the first round in the mock: C: 7, LW: 2, RW: 8, LHD: 6, RHD: 9

If we can get another first, given that distribution I reckon we would likely go for a second D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad