HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
can Russia hold him back?? just don't trust the situation over there. don't want politics to interfere

No they can't - his contract is ending so he will be free to come over. Even Fedotov came over. Marat Khusnutdinov came over. There hasn't been a single Russian who's contract ended that hasn't come over to this point since the Ukraine war.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
No they can't - his contract is ending so he will be free to come over. Even Fedotov came over. Marat Khusnutdinov came over. There hasn't been a single Russian who's contract ended that hasn't come over to this point since the Ukraine war.
is he your guy?? not holding you to it , just asking is all.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Really? I think a team with only Kevin Korchinski on D would jump at the possibility to draft a big first paring RHD. Especially when you look at the quality of forwards in this draft.
Just speaking for me, but I don't really see much, if anything, that Yakemchuk does better than Levshunov. I don't think either are future number 1s, but I think Levshunov is the better prospect

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Just speaking for me, but I don't really see much, if anything, that Yakemchuk does better than Levshunov. I don't think either are future number 1s, but I think Levshunov is the better prospect
Splitting hairs over Yakemchuk vs Levshunov is whatever to me. If you like one over the other, great.

Reactions: Rozz

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not sure what's the policy on paywalls but some tidbits

Yakmechuk and Buium are top 5
Demidov at 8
Lindstrom at 11
Iginla at 15

Sennecke and Eiserman between 10 and 15

Grant Mccagg fave Surin at 19
Thanks

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
1 year left and he's coming. That's why he was in the MHL all year this year, CSKA is punishing him for not signing a long term extension but his agent and Demidov are adamant they are leaving Russia for the NHL as soon as his contract ends next year.
Which also likely means he will continue to be "punished" next year and either get little to no ice time or once again play in an inferior league neither of which is good for development and is probably one reason he might drop.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

We’ll have to see his june ranking 3-4 days before the draft, it’s usually pretty accurate.

If it go with how this list goes, we’ll maybe have a shot at Demidov after all. Lindstrom at 11 and Iginla at 15 isn’t realistic, though.

Reactions: Rozz

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Hughes once again doubles down on the forward with our pick.. they really don't want to add another high profile defenseman to the group when they need more offense in the pipeline.

We are getting a forward, whether we move up or down on the board.
I do wonder if it's wise to expose his hand this willingly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad