2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Hope lightning strikes twice, adding Celebrini would be amazing.

As long as the Ducks don't win I'm good though. After they way their fans acted last year I wish that fanbase 100 years of misery.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Our TB pick landing at #20 almost secured.. FLA leads TB 3-0 ...so another FLA win today secures that spit at#20..Unlikel TB goes 4-0 in restoration series starting g with a win today...so 20th looking good.

If tgere is anything to be learned from playoffs it is that bigger more physical players are needed to win puck battles..And you need the size guys throwing fear into the opps with big hard hits in neutral ice and on the forecheck..You need size creating unmoveable screens blocking goalie sightings..

Hawks adding more smalk skilk guys makes little sense at this point since we have too many of them and not enough size and power.

So if we do not get the skilk and hockeycsense of Celebrini we Need Lindstrom if our medical doctors give the OK.. At the TB pick get morexsize up front could be the KD plan..Of course they still goita be Ble to skate well too.
But this tean desperately needs size and grit up front.

The 2nd draft them they desperately could pursue is to get a premium pmd for the d-corps...

Right now our best rusher of the puck out from our d-zobe is $9.5 but he fails to do it alk the time.. so gets in trouble not clearing by eitger errant pages or straight turnovers..He can rush the puck butcdoes not behave lije a pmd often enough..

So we need someone who gets pucks out and leads counter rushes with ease..Alfobs Freij does this so easily all the time.. can rush the puck easily outvof the d-zibe and prevent long 2 monite chasing around and not think g pucks back in HWjs d-zobe as happens now.

Hawks need a dman puck carrier who easily rides the forecheckersvif thebkoos and lugs that puck out All the time...not just occasionally.
It us a big problem.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Yakemchuk is going top 15 at least, and more likely top 10.
I agree with that, but the rankings on that website gave me Yakemchuk at 20 and I take that all day long.

I do have to say, there will be a big faller. There are a lot of players that should be "top 10 locks" more so than last year. Hellenius is dominating the u18s. Michael Brandsegg Nygard scored 4 goals against Denmarks mens team so he should be considered to be a top 10 pick. Cayden Lindstrom is a mobile 6'4" Center-man that is bound to be a high pick due to his position and ability to score. Demidov just scorched the MHL playoffs and won his team a championship. Celebrini is the obvious #1 oa. Tij Iginla has been on absolute fire the last 30 games or so and looks very much like the son of a hall of famer. Then you have the 6 defensemen that I could talk all day about; Levshunov, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Buium, and Dickinson. All of them look like they will slot in as top 4 of a contender.

Eiserman and Catton are the obvious ones that I didn't mention and I wouldn't blame any team willing to bet on them in the top 10. So what is that? 14 players I believe should go top 10?

Then there is Surin who just lit up MHL playoffs 2nd to Demidov in the league, Beckett Sennecke's continued streak in the playoffs, and Michael Hages late season rise. All 17 of these guys are really good players who I'd be happy to take at the 7-17 spot. It's a very good for anyone picking this high

plebskeeto

Dec 13, 2023
Honestly, I feel like were all going to be surprised by this draft. It seems fans/media analysts/mock drafts have a different ranking of every player after #1. I think we will see a lot more picks fall lower than we thought, and some go a lot earlier than expected.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Honestly, I feel like were all going to be surprised by this draft. It seems fans/media analysts/mock drafts have a different ranking of every player after #1. I think we will see a lot more picks fall lower than we thought, and some go a lot earlier than expected.
Bob's list will straighten things out

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
Thoughts on trading tampa/leafs first for a top 10 pick this year?
I have been banging this drum for a while. I would be willing to pair both Lightning and Leafs pick plus 2024 2nd to move back into top 10. Would love to walk away with some combo of Celebrini/Berkly Catton/Buium/Lindstrom/Levshunov/Dickinson

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have been banging this drum for a while. I would be willing to pair both Lightning and Leafs pick plus 2024 2nd to move back into top 10. Would love to walk away with some combo of Celebrini/Berkly Catton/Buium/Lindstrom/Levshunov/Dickinson
With the quality of this draft I think you just take what you get in 2024 and then roll the dice on 2025 being better.

If your argument is that we need prospects to develop quicker/drafted faster to support Bedard quicker, I could buy that though.

Reactions: BHFAN92

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
With the quality of this draft I think you just take what you get in 2024 and then roll the dice on 2025 being better.

If your argument is that we need prospects to develop quicker/drafted faster to support Bedard quicker, I could buy that though.
that is exactly what I am thinking. Bedard strikes me as a guy who will get extremely frustrated with losing quickly and Davidson needs to hit gas pedal to add pieces around Bedard asap. Honestly I would be full on willing to add major assets to get Marner from Toronto to play with Bedsy. I think Marner needs a fresh start and he definitely deserves scrutiny for play off performance, but that defense/goalie situation in Toronto is the issue.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
that is exactly what I am thinking. Bedard strikes me as a guy who will get extremely frustrated with losing quickly and Davidson needs to hit gas pedal to add pieces around Bedard asap. Honestly I would be full on willing to add major assets to get Marner from Toronto to play with Bedsy. I think Marner needs a fresh start and he definitely deserves scrutiny for play off performance, but that defense/goalie situation in Toronto is the issue.
I'm a little shy in the Marner acquisition possibility for Chicago. Too expensive with too big of a history of disappearing during the PO's. I don't think he matches the kind of team KD is looking to create. There are other fish in the sea.

Reactions: Giovi

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Marner and Bedard would put up so many points together. Wouldnt trade for him but free agency after next year.......Maybe.

Reactions: BHFAN92

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I'd be very weary of paying Marner like The Guy but I bet he'd be a better playoff performer with a change of scenery. No reason a guy should be as skilled and as good defensively as him and not perform in the playoffs. I think that whole team is just mentally toast

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
I'd be very weary of paying Marner like The Guy but I bet he'd be a better playoff performer with a change of scenery. No reason a guy should be as skilled and as good defensively as him and not perform in the playoffs. I think that whole team is just mentally toast
I really think Marner is being scapegoated and knowing he will need to get paid and likely guy out the Leafs fans are turning their daggers on him instead of what the real issue is which is Defense/Goal tending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad