2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I bet KD explores a trade up again this year. Didn't work out last year but it was a weird draft where nobody in the top half of the 1st wanted to move their picks. This is supposed to be a top heavy draft so maybe nobody wants to play ball again this year but the assets are there to make it happen

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I bet KD explores a trade up again this year. Didn't work out last year but it was a weird draft where nobody in the top half of the 1st wanted to move their picks. This is supposed to be a top heavy draft so maybe nobody wants to play ball again this year but the assets are there to make it happen
Depends what happens.

He's not going to trade up just for the hell of it.

He tried trading up last year because they had Oliver Moore ranked in their top 10, and he kept falling for reasons I do not know.

Something similar would have to occur again this year.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Depends what happens.

He's not going to trade up just for the hell of it.

He tried trading up last year because they had Oliver Moore ranked in their top 10, and he kept falling for reasons I do not know.

Something similar would have to occur again this year.
Yes. Obviously they're not going to do it just to do it.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Super happy that TB lost. Would much rather be picking 20 than 29.

For next years extra 1st, it looks like the leafs might have some roster issues heading into next season.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Some some were saying it was a massive overpay but some were saying it was nothing because those picks were so gonna be 28-32 which was obviously silly with the inevitability of depth loss being 2/3 drafts out.

I just remember, idk who, I know it wasn't KBS, who prior called Hagel grinder mcgrinderson, but someone else was adamant it was great because they saw Hagel as a fluke only wanted for his high s%.
It was KBS who called Hagel Grindy Grinderson, or something to that effect, iirc.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
NHLe isn't perfect but it's pretty good and I wish more fans would take it seriously.
Also, Bader's model hates Lindstrom. Thinks he compares to Honzek.
1. NHLe is literally just more points = more good
Which like, yeah okay, a player who puts up a lot of points in a competitive league is probably going to have a higher likelihood of succeeding at the next level. But you can't base everything on that. There's so many important factors it doesn't take into consideration. It's also not a favourable model for role players that could end up being very good picks.

2. Bader is a clown.

Reactions: Muffinalt and Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad