GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It was a good song and goal song but to me...."Chelsea Dagger" is now associated with a core group of scumbags. Hopefully Chicago changes it.

It would be easier and faster if the copy right holders of the song demands that they stop using it and have it removed from all association

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Finish off McDiver and the butter soft babys*** Coilers. Send 'em packing. Eff those guys, eff the refs.

Let's do it.
I hope so to. Make their fans wonder about the McDrai future. Leon can extend in the summer but does he want to commit before Connor?

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
If they treat this like a must win they wrap it up. If they play tentatively they lose.

Myers, Miller, Garland, Hughes are the teams leaders and they have to show the way.

I feel like Boeser is going to have a big Saturday night. I predict an important goal from him.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
To me this game is for the Stanley Cup. Beating a cup favorite team in 6 and advancing to the WCF is making a clear statement to the rest of the league.

Unfortunately this team is just too battered and has played an exhausting style of hockey the past 11 games. Going any further will be a huge ask. 1 more win is all I ask though.

Still proud of them. You can see the fatigue and exhaustion on their faces and they are overcoming shit officiating too.
To be fair, Dallas for instance has been in a couple hard series as well, and if the Avs can somehow push it to 7 then I think the Canucks aren't in that much of a disadvantage, fatigue-wise. Which is not to assume they will beat the Oilers or either Dallas or Colorado, just that if they were to finish the Oily boys off in 6 they might be ok.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Crazy to think we are one win away from the WCF - Bieksa stanchion flash backs. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Come on boys finish it out!

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
To be fair, Dallas for instance has been in a couple hard series as well, and if the Avs can somehow push it to 7 then I think the Canucks aren't in that much of a disadvantage, fatigue-wise. Which is not to assume they will beat the Oilers or either Dallas or Colorado, just that if they were to finish the Oily boys off in 6 they might be ok.

I also never want to look forward as in a few days this may be entirely moot, but likewise I took a quick glance at that series and neither team is breezing through it. Dallas already went through a lot facing Vegas (though to our detriment it might be kind of character building for them...).

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Had to resist the urge to think beyond Saturday night. Nothing is done until it's done, so let's finish this. The same kind of effort tomorrow, the same resolve, the same attitude is all I ask. Like Tocchet said the other day "they only get harder" putting away a team with two of the greatest of our generation is going to be a massive undertaking, on the road and against biased officiating. I feel nervous but this team has surprised me time and time again this season that I am not doubting them at all.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lol and we (The Canucks) were the bad guys in the series against the Rape Hawks.

Hawks were the media darlings and the Canucks were the mean bullies.
The media took that to the bank and rode with it.

Years later, the Hawks are the black eyed team along side Captain FAT f*** himself and a disgrace to the city of Winnipeg, Jonathan Toews.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Absolutely. Probably should of put good Canadian Kids in quotations. Having mostly Europeans and Americans we don't have it as easy in the Canadian media. Although having people like JR and Tocchet helps

Every single one of those shits is an aider and abettor. All those guys - Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, etc. - are forever tainted for being complicit in the knowledge of what was going on and saying/doing nothing. f*** all of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the only decent people from that team are the two that spoke out in support of Kyle Beach's testimony - Brent Sopel and Nick Boynton.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Every single one of those shits is an aider and abettor. All those guys - Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, etc. - are forever tainted for being complicit in the knowledge of what was going on and saying/doing nothing. f*** all of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the only decent people from that team are the two that spoke out in support of Kyle Beach's testimony - Brent Sopel and Nick Boynton.

I cannot believe the media painted Toews as the clutch captain that he is over Crosby in the mid 2010's. That was a bullshit mockery and disrespect to Crosby for all he's done. Then when Crosby won 2 more cups in the 2010's the narrative shifted back to Sid being the best while Toews as ass water.

f*** em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad