2024 NHL Draft Thread/Tankathon thread (Lottery Set for May 7th)

Predict CBJ's draft position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Two weeks until the Hlinka Gretzky Cup.

Despite the fact I don't know a lot about this class yet, in my fantasy world the Jackets would take a two-way RD with size and top-4 upside in the first round -- regardless of how well Severson performs and Jiricek develops next year. I suspect none of Ceulemans, Blankenburg, Boqvist or Peeke are the answers for right side top-4 role in the future if/when Severson starts declining.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a player of another position if he's a clear cut BPA.

There's one early top-32. Jiricek is ranked #15 but I don't expect him to be available for our pick (I think we will be in 10-15 range and Jiricek will go in top-7 or so). Perhaps guys like Levshunov or Yakemchuk could be realistic?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The team will be on the playoff bubble all season, Jarmo feels the heat (finally) and trades the pick at the deadline for a goalie and/or center, team misses the playoffs, Jarmo gets the sack (finally), new guy has no first rounder

Reactions: NotWendell

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope this is not the pick they’ll move

Keep the ability to move high picks when they are really ready to make a push

Kiviharju in top10-15 range would be ideal

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think the pick gets moved at the TDL either because we're in the hunt or already in a playoff spot and want a little extra firepower heading into the playoffs.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
14-16. If it does get moved there is trade protection on it so I dont get why some get so worked up about moving it

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I expect them to be better than in both 21-22 and 22-23. So they would pick lower than 12th. I think they will miss the playoffs, so I'd say 14–16.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Celebrini and Eiserman are both awesome and I think they’d be in that same 2-4 overall group if they were drafted this year. They’re going to gain a bunch of hype as next season gets underway. Adam Jiricek looked to have a ways to go before he’s at David’s level and doesn’t seem to have the same physical traits. That’s about as much as I’ve noticed so far.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We wont be discussing the top guys the same way next year unless we somehow see a lottery win. That said Artyom Levshunov looks like beast. Kid is already 6'2" 200lb defenseman putting up solid point totals

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Celebrini and Eiserman are both awesome and I think they’d be in that same 2-4 overall group if they were drafted this year. They’re going to gain a bunch of hype as next season gets underway. Adam Jiricek looked to have a ways to go before he’s at David’s level and doesn’t seem to have the same physical traits. That’s about as much as I’ve noticed so far.

On first glance, I think Adam Jiricek is an amazing skater and he could be great when he fills out. Might take him a while though, he's currently listed at 6'1 150! Hopefully he's there around 8-10 where I see us finishing.

I don't see it with Cole Eiserman - he seems so average outside of the shooting. Perhaps he deservedly should be top 5 in 2024 but I wouldn't have had him in the top 2-4 in 2023. Demidov is more exciting for me.

Anyways I've tried not to spend time on the next draft class, not for another 6 months, so this is all just rough first impressions.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I don't see it with Cole Eiserman - he seems so average outside of the shooting.
Maybe not average but I get your point. However, if you can score like he can, does it even matter? Nearly a goal per game at 16 in the USHL, and was above a goal per game in both the u18 and u17 tournaments. His PPG was exactly the same as Fantilli’s “u16” season with Chicago (one of the better teams).

Note: Eiserman will be one of the youngest in the draft class, whereas Fantilli was one of the oldest.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

Any favorites yet?

Despite the fact I don't know a lot about this class yet, in my fantasy world the Jackets would take a two-way RD with size and top-4 upside in the first round -- regardless of how well Severson performs and Jiricek develops next year. I suspect none of Ceulemans, Blankenburg, Boqvist or Peeke are the answers for right side top-4 role in the future if/when Severson starts declining.
Going by the height I'm looking at Levshunov, Silyaev, Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Badinka, Emery, Elick and Lavoie (I'm aware not all of them are RHDs). I still expect Jiricek to be out of our reach, getting both brothers would be too good to be true.

Don't know a lot about the forwards either but C Sacha Boisvert has looked nice in a couple highlight clips, he might be a riser (#30 on EP's list).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I suspect we will have a middle pick, somewhere between 13-17. Im usually not for trading first round picks, but if we can package the pick with a player or two, this seems like the year to do so If we could get a top 6 net finding forward in return.

Reactions: Koira

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I suspect we will have a middle pick, somewhere between 13-17. Im usually not for trading first round picks, but if we can package the pick with a player or two, this seems like the year to do so If we could get a top 6 net finding forward in return.
You’re much more optimistic than I am. I expect between six and twelve. I just really don’t want to have to learn a single fact about Macklin Celebrini.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Any favorites yet?

Going by the height I'm looking at Levshunov, Silyaev, Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Badinka, Emery, Elick and Lavoie (I'm aware not all of them are RHDs). I still expect Jiricek to be out of our reach, getting both brothers would be too good to be true.

Don't know a lot about the forwards either but C Sacha Boisvert has looked nice in a couple highlight clips, he might be a riser (#30 on EP's list).

I haven't watched most of them yet.

I don't care about position. I think we're at a point where we can just go for who we think will be the best player. More so than usual.

Adam J is such a great skater, and good puck skills, I think he'll be a complete player who can control the game. A bit more like Nemec than big brother David. The Czech league is impossible for youngsters to score in. That's how people whiffed on Kulich and Svozil. I'd be happy to get Adam around 10th.

Reactions: Michigan Magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad