2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Bransegg-Nygard is having himself a historic Allsvensman playoff run for a player his age. 11 points in 11 games.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Bransegg-Nygard is having himself a historic Allsvensman playoff run for a player his age. 11 points in 11 games.
prompted me to watch a scouting video (NHL draft pros) on MBN again and I'm sure there's a lot better comparisons to be made but here's what i think of MBN relative to where Caedan Bankier is now:

-good shot but probably a little below bankier whos very accurate (in really all things he does) and typically hits the puck flush

-skating is probably a bit better than bankier but that really isnt saying much. he's a mediocre, possibly sub-mediocre skater. bankier does not skate at an NHL level at all right now

-passing I prefer Bankier by a significant margin. MBN makes mostly simple straight forward passes where Bankier is capable of very creative passes into space

- puck control seems even. Both players are smart in how they use their big frames to protect the puck.

- compete level - MBN by a mile. MBN knows his role, he isnt afraid to engage in puck battles, doesnt stop short, doesnt take the long route, just goes and gets the puck. still waiting for bankier to show this with any regularity.

Both players are probably third line forwards in the NHL. Bankier has a higher ceiling but he's just as likely (if not more likely) to end up being an AHL/NHL tweener. MBN is way more likely to hit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
prompted me to watch a scouting video (NHL draft pros) on MBN again and I'm sure there's a lot better comparisons to be made but here's what i think of MBN relative to where Caedan Bankier is now:

-good shot but probably a little below bankier whos very accurate (in really all things he does) and typically hits the puck flush

-skating is probably a bit better than bankier but that really isnt saying much. he's a mediocre, possibly sub-mediocre skater. bankier does not skate at an NHL level at all right now

-passing I prefer Bankier by a significant margin. MBN makes mostly simple straight forward passes where Bankier is capable of very creative passes into space

- puck control seems even. Both players are smart in how they use their big frames to protect the puck.

- compete level - MBN by a mile. MBN knows his role, he isnt afraid to engage in puck battles, doesnt stop short, doesnt take the long route, just goes and gets the puck. still waiting for bankier to show this with any regularity.

Both players are probably third line forwards in the NHL. Bankier has a higher ceiling but he's just as likely (if not more likely) to end up being an AHL/NHL tweener. MBN is way more likely to hit.
Comparing MBN now to a 2021 draftee's present game is comparing Apples to Oranges, unless i am misunderstanding your post. MBN is much more highly regarded going into his draft than Bankier was going into his, partially because he projects to be a better player in the NHL.

MBN looks to be a very good skater, and also has a nice shot. If he grows a bit I can see him being a bit like Tuch .... he's actually a better skater than Tuch when he was drafted.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Didn't know much about MBN. Norwegian kid, age 18, 6'1 and 200 lbs. Sounds strong, plays RW. Wild should grab him.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Comparing MBN now to a 2021 draftee's present game is comparing Apples to Oranges, unless i am misunderstanding your post. MBN is much more highly regarded going into his draft than Bankier was going into his, partially because he projects to be a better player in the NHL.

MBN looks to be a very good skater, and also has a nice shot. If he grows a bit I can see him being a bit like Tuch .... he's actually a better skater than Tuch when he was drafted.
Ah yes. I compare MBN tools to an AHL player and thats irrational bc of age and level difference. But you compare MBN to NHL player Alex Tuch and thats wise, and very smart actually lol. Give me a #%#&$& break lol

MBN is a better prospect than Bankier? Oh ya no kidding dude. I legit described Bankier as a guy who was just as likely or more than likely to be tweener.

I am interested in your source or how you came to thinking MBN skating is "very good". The video i referenced showed and talked about his pretty unimpressive edges and slow acceleration

P10p

May 15, 2012
Ah yes. I compare MBN tools to an AHL player and thats irrational bc of age and level difference. But you compare MBN to NHL player Alex Tuch and thats wise, and very smart actually lol. Give me a #%#&$& break lol

MBN is a better prospect than Bankier? Oh ya no kidding dude. I legit described Bankier as a guy who was just as likely or more than likely to be tweener.

I am interested in your source or how you came to thinking MBN skating is "very good". The video i referenced showed and talked about his pretty unimpressive edges and slow acceleration
To be completely fair, he said Tuch when he was drafted, not now.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

I was comparing Tuch the prospect to MBN the prospect at the same age.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
I was comparing Tuch the prospect to MBN the prospect at the same age.
Ok fine but still dont see whats wrong with comparing different players skillsets. Like as if we dont all do that all the time. More often most of us do the even hazier and less useful thing of saying x prospect looks like y NHL player. Its just a rough attempt to understand MBN skillset relative to another player i feel i understand well rather than "good" or "very good" relative to ???

Still be waiting on where that "very good" skating came from tho bc i havent heard that and think ive heard more than just the one i mentioned say the opposite

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
MBN is really something else, what a talent. He scored four goals for Norway including the OT winner against Denmark yesterday. We'll see him in the Worlds, he should be able to finish Zucc's feeds :D

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
MBN is really something else, what a talent. He scored four goals for Norway including the OT winner against Denmark yesterday. We'll see him in the Worlds, he should be able to finish Zucc's feeds :D
With Zuke's mentoring, he's gonna be the next Gretzky. Four goals against Denmark, one of the top teams in the world, that is really something.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
With Zuke's mentoring, he's gonna be the next Gretzky. Four goals against Denmark, one of the top teams in the world, that is really something.
In a private game...btw, don't underestimate Denmark.

If you could watch MBN's skating, speed and smart decisions, you may think twice about him.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
In a private game...btw, don't underestimate Denmark.

If you could watch MBN's skating, speed and smart decisions, you may think twice about him.
No I don't underestimate Denmark. Getting to OT against Norway, the top of the cream with the next Gretzky scoring 4 goals, they must be a hell of a team.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think Helenius might end up my ideal target. He’s smart, productive and a RHS. You don’t draft for need or handedness but it really would be nice to have a righty for the PP

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So MBN is a 1st round pick, how big is the chance that the Wild can pick him?

-My dream is to play for the Minnesota Wild with Zuccarello

The story will appear in English...
Can pick him? Probably pretty high. I'd be very surprised if he was off the board before 13.

Will pick him? Probably ~14.2% chance.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So MBN is a 1st round pick, how big is the chance that the Wild can pick him?

-My dream is to play for the Minnesota Wild with Zuccarello

The story will appear in English...
I really like him, but not at 13 over Yakemchuk/Eiserman/Parekh/Iginla.

If we do pick him, does Kap lose his job babysitting Zucc's kid in favor of MBN?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Drafting Europe just came out with their list. They have Helenius above Silayev, Lucas Pettersson over MBN. Have dropped Jiricek down to 10 on their list(of Euros).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad