2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
I feel we took a nice, positive step towards taking with getting that horrible goalie Blackwood and, unfortunately, not kicking into Fantilli who hypothetically could have helped win some games next year. Now let’s trade Karlsson for some picks/prospects and start slackin!

Reactions: Sandisfan

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Both Sharks and Warriors furtunes next year can be impacted by Celebrinis. The dad being a critical member of medical staff on the aging Warriors, especially with the addition of the 38 year old Chris Paul. And the son, Macklin…

Reactions: Makoshark

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t believe the lottery is rigged but at the same time I just don’t picture the sharks ever winning it
Look at the last two decades of lottery winners:

Chicago
Montreal
Buffalo
New York (Rangers)
New Jersey
Buffalo
New Jersey
Toronto
Edmonton
Florida
Colorado
Edmonton
Edmonton
Edmonton
New York (Islanders)
Tampa
Chicago
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Washington
Pittsburgh

All traditional hockey markets except for the Florida teams, who are also the league’s darlings. Teams like the Sharks, Ducks, Jackets, Coyotes will never be allowed to win a lottery.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Chicago
Montreal
Buffalo
New York (Rangers)
New Jersey
Buffalo
New Jersey
Toronto
Edmonton
Florida
Colorado
Edmonton
Edmonton
Edmonton
New York (Islanders)
Tampa
Chicago
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Washington
Pittsburgh

All traditional hockey markets except for the Florida teams, who are also the league’s darlings. Teams like the Sharks, Ducks, Jackets, Coyotes will never be allowed to win a lottery.
Most teams are in "traditional hockey markets."

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Nice thing about Smith instead of Michkov. Next year we can kind of zero in on either a franchise center in Macklin or an elite D. Two (of 6?) shit years resulting in a 1c/1d or 2 1c

Dickinson, Jiricek, Kiviharju, Levshunov, Mews all rate quite highly. Demidov, Catton, and Eiserman look strong as well amongst wingers. Much much stronger year for D.

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Three out of the four teams with the best shots at Bedard were Anaheim, Columbus, and San Jose. Don’t tell me you were surprised when Chicago won.
I wasn't, because it was one of the most likely outcomes.

I'm not buying that a Big Four accounting firm is willing to help rig a largely meaningless exercise for a marginal business (the NHL is a small fry in the business world) for twenty years, and that no one has ever come forward to say that it was.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I wasn't, because it was one of the most likely outcomes.

I'm not buying that a Big Four accounting firm is willing to help rig a largely meaningless exercise for a marginal business (the NHL is a small fry in the business world) for twenty years, and that no one has ever come forward to say that it was.
Look, I’m not saying it’s rigged. But I am saying that this is an awful coincidence. There was a 4x-ish larger chance of Bedard being a Duck or a Blue Jacket than a Hawk. But everyone expected the Hawks to win even against the odds because it was so obviously beneficial to the league.

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Look, I’m not saying it’s rigged. But I am saying that this is an awful coincidence. There was a 4x-ish larger chance of Bedard being a Duck or a Blue Jacket than a Hawk. But everyone expected the Hawks to win even against the odds because it was so obviously beneficial to the league.
Coincidences happen all the time. We humans just don't like random chance as an explanation for events.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
We should expect another top 5 pick next year. Then I think it starts trending the other way to the 8-15 range.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Three out of the four teams with the best shots at Bedard were Anaheim, Columbus, and San Jose. Don’t tell me you were surprised when Chicago won.
The issue with this train of thought is that San Jose has one of, if not the richest owners in the NHL. For him to accept that the NHL will not allow his team to draft a generational talent, he has to know he is getting value somewhere else. If Chicago gets Bedard, is that going to increase the value of the Sharks more than the extra ticket/viewership/sponsorship/jersey sales etc.

I dont see him getting that value anywhere else but I dont get to see the books. In addition, getting caught would tank the value of every other franchise. That kind of behavior gets people pushed out windows.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
#demoralizationofsanjosesharksfanbase
#destabilizationincoming
#hassoiscontrolledopposition
#uniparty

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Chicago
Montreal
Buffalo
New York (Rangers)
New Jersey
Buffalo
New Jersey
Toronto
Edmonton
Florida
Colorado
Edmonton
Edmonton
Edmonton
New York (Islanders)
Tampa
Chicago
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Washington
Pittsburgh

To be fair, florida since 1996 should have selected first overall like 5 times, san jose once. But the panthers traded the 1st overall pick like 3 times, san jose once.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad