2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Tij Ignila's not his old man though. He's not a power forward. He's a 6' tall mid-range finisher who seems more like Jack Quinn than Jerome Iginla in how he plays the game.
I watched some of his tape this weekend and he didn't look like Quinn in the slightest. He sometimes went for the hit first and worried about the puck later. Granted I need to see more before making any kind of claims, but that doesn't jibe with the little bit I've watched so far.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I watched some of his tape this weekend and he didn't look like Quinn in the slightest. He sometimes went for the hit first and worried about the puck later. Granted I need to see more before making any kind of claims, but that doesn't jibe with the little bit I've watched so far.

I’ve watched both at their respective level and I don’t get PF vibes from Tij at all.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I’ve watched both at their respective level and I don’t get PF vibes from Tij at all.
I'm not sure I even know what a PF is specifically. I guess he really isn't one in that he isn't a bruiser, but he does his own working/fighting for the puck, and seems to get a ton of his goals in the high danger areas, unlike Quinn or anyone on the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not sure I even know what a PF is specifically. I guess he really isn't one in that he isn't a bruiser, but he does his own working/fighting for the puck, and seems to get a ton of his goals in the high danger areas, unlike Quinn or anyone on the Sabres.

Quinn did that in Ottawa.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Quinn did that in Ottawa.
The only thing that looks like the same to me is how they both just snap the puck immediately, without needing even a second to set up or anything. I only watched Quinn's highlights, mostly, and also have a bad memory, so I'm sure I missed him finishing so many checks and winning so many puck battles along the boards. I don't remember that standing out to me at the time.

Quinn also seemed to score from all over the place, where as Tij seems to drive towards to net more forcefully and have a sweet area. I don't think he had a single fight though, so I wouldn't expect him to be his dad.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
They're in the range where it depends on whether there's a big run on defensemen which means a forward like Catton dropping. I still have hope for Helenius, but wouldn't be too surprised if they're sitting 11 / 12 they take a swing at Sennecke. Growth spurt so supposedly up to 6'3+, fast, likes contact and appears to be a riser in the rankings. In my personal rankings I have him sitting at 13th, ahead of Greentree

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If we draft from 8-11, the only players we should be looking at are:

1 - Iginla (won't be available)
2 - Greentree (might not be available)
3 - Brandsegg-Nygard (definitely available)

It's time to draft for need since our dumbass GM clearly can't address needs through trades.

I love Iginla’s game, and if you check out the first couple of pages on this thread I mentioned drafting him. Of course that was before he rocketed (no pun intended) up the standings.

If we miss out, there’s always his brother Joe who is available in 2026.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I've started drinking the Demidov koolaid.

Even though only a lotto win gets him to Buffalo.
I think he has a higher offensive ceiling than crlebrini where celebrinin looks like a future bona-fide 1c putting up a fantastic ncaa freshman year and demimedov is up against lower competition in the mhl he looks like a potentially more dynamic player when all is said and done

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I'm curious if he Michkov's his draft position.

Edit - almost immediately after posting that highlight, he scored again.

i think Michkov got A LOT more hype than this kid, which led to a lot more 'will Russia make it so he can't leave?'

haven't heard that with Demigod. Just that he's insanely competitive and skilled (and a so-so skater)

As someone probably in a rare camp of thinking that the Sabres have drafted a surplus of small skill, but none of it appears to be elite (except maybe Benson), this kid is currently 2 on my board now.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Haven't been paying strict attention this year because the Sabres have soured my taste for hockey, but I'm watching the frozen four, and, let me tell ya, going off of Bob's list, if there are really 12 players and 5 skaters better than Zeev Buium this is an all time draft. That kid is a freaking stud. Has everything but size and he doesn't play small. Something tells me the rankings are off. He's got to be a top 5 pick, right?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Haven't been paying strict attention this year because the Sabres have soured my taste for hockey, but I'm watching the frozen four, and, let me tell ya, going off of Bob's list, if there are really 12 players and 5 skaters better than Zeev Buium this is an all time draft. That kid is a freaking stud. Has everything but size and he doesn't play small. Something tells me the rankings are off. He's got to be a top 5 pick, right?

I can see him top 10 in the 2nd batch of five (6-9 range).

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Assuming:

San Jose SharksMacklin Celebrini
Chicago BlackhawksIvan Demidov
Anaheim DucksArtyom Levshunov
Columbus Blue JacketsSam Dickinson
Montreal CanadiensCayden Lindstrom
Arizona CoyotesAnton Silayev
Ottawa SenatorsBerkly Catton
Calgary FlamesTij Iginla

That leaves us with Parekh, Buium, and Yakemchuk.

Of the 3, I prefer Yakemchuk or Buium.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Assuming:

Calgary FlamesTij Iginla

I'd go Yakemchuk or Helenius

2nd round I'm on the Jecho or Miettinen bandwagon

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Assuming:

Calgary FlamesTij Iginla

Silayev will not go that high...he's going to be one of the big droppers, based on what almost everyone who watches him has been saying this season -- he hasn't improved at all, and all he really brings is size with not much else. He's not even close to Simashev.

Buium and Parkek cold also easily go above Dickenson. So could Greentree or Eiserman.

After a top 4 of Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and Levshunov, these players are all basically the same tier so mocking them is kind of pointless without inside info on who the teams have been drooling over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad