2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Chief's lad Yakemchuk video:

I'm on this train as well. Outside of Catton who I view like Benson from last year (don't think he'll be available). Yak is my guy. I like his build and arsenal. He has a bomb from the point, produces 5 on 5, competes and is quite physical. His defense leaves a bit to be desired, but honestly so does Levshunov. It's unfortunate this year that all the RHD are offensively gifted, but seem to be all tools no toolbox types. The LHD definitely dominate them in terms of 2 way play. That said I think Yak has the most potential to improve his play on the defensive side. He's the perfect type to let sit, cultivate and marinate for a bit IMO.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like the video but it doesn't really show how mean he is. He like to hit, be a rat with some stick work and can be outright nasty when he wants.

He has his defensive flaws like most of the defensemen going high in this draft, his are generally errors of commission, whilst Parekh are errors of omission

He reminds me of Iafrate and Bogosian mixed. I saw him more earlier in the year and he did some things that seemed physically strong but dumb as a stump.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone who wants to watch Elick live had better hurry - Brandon's now down 3-1 edit, 4-1 to Moose Jaw in the fourth game of the series that MJ already leads 3-0.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I like the video but it doesn't really show how mean he is. He like to hit, be a rat with some stick work and can be outright nasty when he wants.

He has his defensive flaws like most of the defensemen going high in this draft, his are generally errors of commission, whilst Parekh are errors of omission
I hope there is better video. I see the OP stare. He doesn’t press a play but drifts with it. He has some interesting physical skills, but that skating is alarming. Needs work. At 10 or 11 I could live with it. But he is a long-term dev project.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I hope there is better video. I see the OP stare. He doesn’t press a play but drifts with it. He has some interesting physical skills, but that skating is alarming. Needs work. At 10 or 11 I could live with it. But he is a long-term dev project.
His stride is ugly, not at all efficient but he gets around. A good skating coach to maximise his power would do wonders. It's the same with Parekh in that he is way too high on hid toes so isn't as efficient as he could be

Reactions: Chainshot

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
His stride is ugly, not at all efficient but he gets around. A good skating coach to maximise his power would do wonders. It's the same with Parekh in that he is way too high on hid toes so isn't as efficient as he could be
Yeah and he glides before he reaches top speed. Allows backcheckers to close. Do the Sabres even have a skating coach? They used have the woman who went to the Leaves I think.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah and he glides before he reaches top speed. Allows backcheckers to close. Do the Sabres even have a skating coach? They used have the woman who went to the Leaves I think.

Mike Ansell is listed as just a development coach but he was their skating coach for a few years. Dawn Braid is the one you are thinking of from a few years ago. She was running a skating consultant business and worked with a number of teams - Buffalo, Arizona, Anaheim, Toronto. I think she got replaced by Barb Underhill (Canadian olympian) in TO.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Mike Ansell is listed as just a development coach but he was their skating coach for a few years. Dawn Braid is the one you are thinking of from a few years ago. She was running a skating consultant business and worked with a number of teams - Buffalo, Arizona, Anaheim, Toronto. I think she got replaced by Barb Underhill (Canadian olympian) in TO.
That’s who I was thinking of. Thanks. I haven’t heard of Mike Ansell will have to look him up.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like Sennecke but he falls into Buffalo's traditional no draft zone, the late teens to early 20s

Still a draft thread about a draftable player. He had a nice night - carried the mail to gain the zone on the eventual GTG too but I wasn't sitting in that one as much as the Moose Jaw game.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Still a draft thread about a draftable player. He had a nice night - carried the mail to gain the zone on the eventual GTG too but I wasn't sitting in that one as much as the Moose Jaw game.
I have nothing against it, I was just commenting that he's a nice player, he likes to bang bodies, and has all the tools you'd like but falls into the 5th or 6th tier where the Sabres don't pick.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
At the USA U18 - Muskegon game in Plymouth tonight. Saw Granato talking to some old NTDP buddies. James Hagens really looks like a player. Eisermann already has two points. Teddy Stiga is playing well. So are Emery, Max Plante, and also Biosvert on Muskegon.Ziemer is good too. Chippy game. Lots of scouts here.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Trade the pick.

This might be my least favorite draft I've scouted, fighting with my og, 2012.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Sitting 10th right now. Possibility of finishing anywhere from 8th-11th 'last'

Looks like drafting 9th or 10th is most likely.
After that Detroit showing be surprised if they don't drop nothing but losses a do or die game with the season on the line and they pull out 3-1 L in a 4 point game. I know the chances of squeezing in were bleak at best but they went down 3 got deflated and showed no hunger at all. That was the game to win if you wanted the end of the season to some meaningful that was the game, the only meaning we got is that this team needs a shake up more than mitts if you wanted to make a case for your coach's and/or gm's value to the organization and and players overall that was a poor showing fall flat and give in to the other teams pressure and will in a game with divisional competition.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
How is Tij Iginla looking? Love the pedigree and has had a very good playoffs so far. Someone who goes to the net hard and has a great shot. Might be a reach at 10 but Buffalo could finally get their Iginla.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Sitting 10th right now. Possibility of finishing anywhere from 8th-11th 'last'

Looks like drafting 9th or 10th is most likely.
If we draft from 8-11, the only players we should be looking at are:

1 - Iginla (won't be available)
2 - Greentree (might not be available)
3 - Brandsegg-Nygard (definitely available)

It's time to draft for need since our dumbass GM clearly can't address needs through trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad