NFL: 2024 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wow...very timely. Looks like this is pretty new. City and team agree on a $1.25 Billion stadium which would be a 50/50 split. Just needs to clear another hurdle or two. I'd assume the London/Jags "partnership" ends once that stadium is ready.
Well, Jax is a location that the NFL would move the team from if it came down to it.

Kind of the same when you look around other teams in other leagues.

NHL, NBA, MLB have markets they'd move teams out of if the city doesn't pay up for a new arena. Market like Chicago, the league doesn't care if the team is in the burbs or the main city, just that there is a team there. Kind of the same with the state as they get their taxes either way. Just a loss to the city if they move to another county in terms of tax dollars.

Teams are not leaving these large markets.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Got bad news for you...Mahomes is also a devote Evangelical Christian who frequently cites God. He probably agrees with all the stuff Butker said.

Is this a joke? That quote was tongue in cheek on the Pat Mcafee show. Basically said 'Kickers are weird' man.

If you know his religious beliefs, you'll know he probabyl agrees with everything Butker said.
Is this a joke? You think every religious person thinks like that lol. If Mahomes actually thought anything like Butker he obviously wouldn't be married to Brittany who takes pride in being a strong independent woman.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Is this a joke? You think every religious person thinks like that lol. If Mahomes actually thought anything like Butker he obviously wouldn't be married to Brittany who takes pride in being a strong independent woman.
Exactly.

The stuff Butker said...it's anti-Christian. It's stands in stark contrast to the values of Christianity. Butker is trying to hide his hate in faith. Nobody should accept that. And those that should be MOST offended are actual Christians. People like Butker who twist their faith to promote their hatred are despicable.

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Got bad news for you...Mahomes is also a devote Evangelical Christian who frequently cites God. He probably agrees with all the stuff Butker said.

Is this a joke? That quote was tongue in cheek on the Pat Mcafee show. Basically said 'Kickers are weird' man.

If you know his religious beliefs, you'll know he probabyl agrees with everything Butker said.
I mean within 12 hours prior to Butker’s dumb bullshit Mahomes took the time to callout the work his wife is doing and the importance of raising the profile of women’s sports. I think a lot of nastiness in this country gets lumped in as “religious beliefs” but I doubt Mahomes thinks women should be baby machines and chained to the stove. He’s also pretty publicly supported social causes that would make Butker blush. I’m not a religious person myself and would consider myself very liberal, but don’t know that it’s any better to say someone who practices a certain faith is part of some large, lunatic fringe.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The Thanksgiving games should have been LA Rams at Detroit, Tampa Bay at Dallas and Cleveland at Jacksonville.
Detroit and Dallas would be playing the home opponents on their schedules with the longest active Thanksgiving droughts here, while the night game would end the other two droughts dating back to the 20th century, including giving the Jaguars their first Thanksgiving game ever. This is how the Thanksgiving games should be determined starting next year (which I keep saying every year and I don't want to be beating a dead horse about this anymore). Popular teams like the Packers (who I support and felt could have waited perhaps decades for their next Thanksgiving game) have plenty of opportunities to be on national TV. Thanksgiving needs to be the one slot where the teams outside Detroit and Dallas more or less rotate.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The shit butler said is honestly the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, he legitimately said that at a college graduation to women getting their degrees. I have no idea how he didn’t get booed off stage. News hardly ever bothers or shocks me these days but this is honestly disgusting, I would fire him immediately. What sort of message does that give to young women? Or young professional women trying to advance in their careers? In the day and age of podcast and everyone wants to give their opinion, I wish some people would just shut the f up.
One thing that should happen immediately is fire the person or people that arranged to have him speak. Shocking decision..

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The Swifty's will eat him alive.

Attacking IVF, Jewish people and LGTBQ folk along with the rest of his babble makes him hard to keep.

The college is 51% female...imagine telling them they've been lied to "diabolically"

Some of his quotes are off the reservation. He railed against everyone but the PEDO's in his own church. Weird they were spared. I truly hope he gets canceled and never plays again and his wife has to find a job.

That would be EPIC!

Some side notes...apparently he refused to marry her until she converted to Catholicism. Which seems like another form of control IMHO. ANd then...there's the GaTech story. Lots of signs pointing to a closeted issue going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daz28

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
1715859962344.png

The official city account tweeted this out which made me chuckle, but it’s been deleted and I’m sure someone was fired over it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yeah, plenty do them but I'm asking why would a school want a young football player to be the speaker. What kind of wisdom/advice would a guy like that be able to give to University grads who are only a few years younger?
It's a small, religious/conservative school. His views are in line with that way of thinking. They probably felt like it was a coup to get someone like Butker.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Oh btw, it wasn't tongue in cheek at all. He literally said he doesn't even say hello to Butker. Hilarious that you tried to group Mahomes in with your and Butker's archaic views of the world.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You don’t know many Christians I guess
Oh I know plenty and while I consider them all delusional to some extent almost none of them would agree with a fool like Butker. If you think Christians in places Canada, PNW, and Northeast USA think the way the ones from the deep south than you need to open your eyes. Obviously there's some that do but the majority certainly don't.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Oh I know plenty and while I consider them all delusional to some extent almost none of them would agree with a fool like Butker.
You don't sound bigoted whatsoever.

If you think Christians in places Canada, PNW, and Northeast USA think the way the ones from the deep south than you need to open your eyes. Obviously there's some that do but the majority certainly don't.
You're comparing actual predominantly religious communities to ones where religion is dying, I think it's obvious which one actually reflects the beliefs of the religion...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

You're comparing actual predominantly religious communities to ones where religion is dying, I think it's obvious which one actually reflects the beliefs of the religion...

Ah, the no true Scotsman fallacy. Only Christians that agree with you count!

Are you also writing in protest to the NFL in protest at their failure to keep God's law by wearing clothing made of mixed materials

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ah, the no true Scotsman fallacy. Only Christians that agree with you count!

Are you also writing in protest to the NFL in protest at their failure to keep God's law by wearing clothing made of mixed materials
Comparing the beliefs of a strong religious community to one that isn't doesn't give you an accurate depiction of what religious people believe.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Do you even know what bigot means? I think they're religious beliefs are somewhat delusional, that doesn't mean I don't respect them. Basically my entire family is religious.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. Talk about moving goalposts.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do you even know what bigot means? I think they're religious beliefs are somewhat delusional, that doesn't mean I don't respect them. Basically my entire family is religious.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. Talk about moving goalposts.
Yet you're outraged about Butker having the audacity to share religious beliefs with a religious community. There's nothing wrong with what he did and it would take an incredible amount of ignorance about your fellow human beings to pretend that Christian and Muslim players in the NFL don't share these beliefs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad