NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Only time will tell if the Bears pick him and move on from Fields or if they stick with Fields and trade down for a haul.

Either way, I’m expecting it to turn out badly for us.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Did we seriously not have a thread about this?

I had been using the who will finish #1 thread

Can you lock that one now that season is over and this thread has been started

Only time will tell if the Bears pick him and move on from Fields or if they stick with Fields and trade down for a haul.

Either way, I’m expecting it to turn out badly for us.

I want option #3

Trade down to #3 (Pats move up to grab Williams) and Bears draft either Maye or Daniels at #3

Then flip Fields to one of Falcons, Raiders or Broncos (They need #1 when they cut Wilson)

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I want option #3

Trade down to #3 (Pats move up to grab Williams) and Bears draft either Maye or Daniels at #3
Honestly, if Chicago likes one of the other 2 QBS better, either they just draft that guy at 1 or at most trade down to Wash. You don't want to run the risk of not getting the guy you rate #1 in this class.

If I'm Wash, would then evaluate whether it's worth the extra to flip the picks vs just stay pat at 2 and have the extra draft capital to fill in other needs.

How far does Bowers fall?
He's a fantastic TE prospect, but I think he falls out of the top 10. Chargers probably the highest he goes at 5, but IMO, they'd be better off drafting one of the top OT to bookend the Tackles for Herbert moving forward.
But, if Chargers want a receiving threat, I probably go WR since Williams and Allen have big cap hits and neither is long for the team and QJ didn't look good as a rookie. Not sure the receiving threats for Herbert should be Bowers and QJ as the top 2. Thing with Herbert's arm, you want to stretch the field more with a WR over a TE.

I don't see the Giants, Titans, Falcons, Bears drafting him. Jets are hoping that one of Alt/Fashuna falls to them at 10 or they have to trade up to get one of them, but without a 2nd rounder, might be hard to do. Is Bowers better than WR3 on the board? Really depends on how the coaches will use him. If they use him like Kelce gets used, then he's a massive mismatch vs LBs and S.

Last edited:
Reactions: Romang67

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I have a feeling we all are overanalyzing Caleb and he is going to make everyone look stupid.
All 3 QBs at the top will have their games picked apart. Daniels, will have his time at AZ St criticized, like Levis in 2022 as to why he couldn't beat out Clifford for the PSU job and had to transfer to Kentucky. All of that will be there for the 3 of them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully to the Broncos at 12. 😁
Once you get past the QBS, Williams, Maye, Daniels, the 2 OT Fashuna & Atl, WR Harrison JR, and at least one of Nabers/Odunze, it's wide open between Bowers, the remaining WR, and the start of the rush on Defensive players at DE, CB, DT, and maybe since the Jets need OL, they take OT3 off the board.

Denver, realistically can take any of multiple positions.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Would expect Packers to look at DBs (CB/S), LT and Edge.

Basically with their picks in rounds 1 through 3. That defense needs more talent because the offense is ripe with weapons now.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Once you get past the QBS, Williams, Maye, Daniels, the 2 OT Fashuna & Atl, WR Harrison JR, and at least one of Nabers/Odunze, it's wide open between Bowers, the remaining WR, and the start of the rush on Defensive players at DE, CB, DT, and maybe since the Jets need OL, they take OT3 off the board.

And the Vikings right in front of them at 11 are either taking an Edge (Verse/Latu), DL (Newton) or reaching for a QB (Penix/McCarthy/Nix).

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB

yeah we need everything. Bowers is my favourite non QB prospect in the draft.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
On Bowers:

LAC should definitely take a WR or OT at #5. I would go with Nabers since WR will be a much bigger need and having a skill guy on rookie deal will help them flush out the rest of the roster. It's the same discussion we had when the Bengals could have taken Sewell or Chase. IMO, it's much easier to gameplan for a less than stellar OLine than it is to find playmakers. And I want to give Herbert playmakers.

As far as where does Bowers get drafted, I think he goes to the Colts at 15.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
On Bowers:

LAC should definitely take a WR or OT at #5. I would go with Nabers since WR will be a much bigger need and having a skill guy on rookie deal will help them flush out the rest of the roster. It's the same discussion we had when the Bengals could have taken Sewell or Chase. IMO, it's much easier to gameplan for a less than stellar OLine than it is to find playmakers. And I want to give Herbert playmakers.

As far as where does Bowers get drafted, I think he goes to the Colts at 15.
For the Chargers, they should consider their WR position given the age and cap charges for Williams and Allen. I think that is why they took OJ over Flowers/Addison because they wanted a replacement (same body type) vs compliment the 2 WR that they have.

If OJ hit and looked as good as the other 2 WR, then going TE is a solid option. Need a legit outside thread to go with the TE. I mean, if they took one of the other 2 guys, they are more slot receivers, so adding a TE probably also wouldn't make sense. Need an outside guy still.

But, I agree, I'd take an OT. I mean, I look at it from a POV of what is the better combo?
OT in rd 1 and then a weapon in round 2? Or Weapon in Rd 1 and OT in Rd 1.
What duo would make LAC more productive?
Harder to find and develop OL than WR.

Heck they could even opt for a DE since they likely have to cut Mack and do need depth with the oft injured Bosa. Drafted one last season who looked good this past season.

They are in a prime position to trade down if they want.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Williams, Maye and Daniels are the top 3 in Jeremiah's mock draft. He also has Nix going 14th to the Saints

Qbs make sense given the need by the teams.

DJ has Fashuna falling to 13 for LV, which I think would be a good pick up for them. Need help on the OL. Bowers to 15. I do feel that if he doesn't go to Chargers at 5, he's falling outside the top 10.

Saints, I guess any of the teams that don't believe that their guy right now is going to be their starter much longer or don't have one will consider Nix. To me, I only see a tier 2 QB in the 9-16 range. If he hits that very early, then you have a cheap option at QB for years 2-5 (even with the $20 mill or whatever 5th year option, as years 1-4 he's making $6 mill or less average against your cap). Just a matter of how much you like him. Maybe he gets to the top of tier 2 and you pay him for that. But, if he ends up closer to the bottom of tier 2, best to draft another QB then commit the equivalent of ($40 mill in today's money) to him or any QB in his situation.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Can't get much worst than what the Cowboys did in 2023. So let's hope for something better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was going through the trade picks this year and somebody be beefin’

IMG_6944.jpeg

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He was generally mediocre in Pittsburgh, when he was healthy enough to play, his best skill was taking penalties fairly often
I didn't really watch him enough to know myself so was just going by his pff grades which were average to slightly above average. Pff certainly isn't the be all end all though.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I didn't really watch him enough to know myself so was just going by his pff grades which were average to slightly above average. Pff certainly isn't the be all end all though.

He was OK, never gave any indication that this kind of breakout was a possibility, he has said the Steelers were playing him on the wrong side, it's hard to imagine something like that could make such a difference but who knows? When he was traded, I would think most fans were amazed that they got anything for him at all and he didn't just end up getting cut

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad