GDT: 2024 NCAA Regionals/Frozen Four Discussion

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm just happy that Michigan lost.

I wasn't able to go to the Frozen Four in Chicago back in 2017, but I'm really hoping that I can convince my wife for us to take a long weekend in St. Louis (never-before uttered phrase italicized for effect) to catch next year's.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
everybody said he was the most notably player for Michighan for most of the game. pts are what they are but the eye test is just as important. Celebrini had no pts but to the eye test he was the best prospect on the ice. thompson and greene look like they could carve out a 3-4th line niche possibly. greene looked bigger thompson looked faster
he looks like one of the better guys for sure but does not dominate. Im not really sure if he should after missing the full year last year tho.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Not sure Nazar's ready. I thought he looked alright, but definitely didn't look good enough to be playing NHL hockey.

I've been really looking at Zeev Buium. He was dynamite yesterday. I can really see him becoming a top pair defenseman and that elusiveness on the blue-line is something. The dude is a winner. He could potentially be our guy if we miss on the lottery.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think he should stay another year, get stronger, better and be the go-to leader of the team next year. It doesn't matter of MI doesn't win the division.....it's his progress. He's not ready for the NHL so the question is whether the AHL or MI would be better and I think he'll get more playing minutes and responsibility at MI next year.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'd rather sign Nazar and have him in the line up for the final 2 games of the season. This gives him a taste of NHL hockey and the speed of the game at the highest level. He'll enter the off season with a hunger to make the team next year. If he isn't ready he plays in the AHL with some of our other young players and builds chemistry with them while looking for that mid season call up.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Zeev with an intentional, unintentional F bomb.

Davis was unbelievable. Guy was a wall back there. And yea Buium is the goods.
He makes all the little plays. Reads the game exceptionally well. Stick is always active and in the right spot. Dynamic, shifty, but also can play physical at his size. He’s built like a football player.

Only question is the skating, as it’s not exceptional.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Buuim got an assist .. but did not put 1 shot on goal..

The Leonard Smith Perrault line though -1each and no ponts generated a combined 15 shots on goal...

Clearly this was a :goalie win" by the Denver goalie who stopoed 35 of 35 shots...

I think over the course of 82 games vs. 1 game (albeit game for all the marbles) you bet the translate tostar player(s) on the guys generating all those shots peppering the opps goalie..Sone nights you get a goalie win stealing a game..but most nights over 82 you will get big scoring from guys generating so many shotson net and scoring chances.

Yes Zeev Buim picked up a lot of championship wins this season...but if I had to bet money I am skeptical he will translate that to big impact difference-maker at the NHL level..I do not think he is going top 4 in the 2024 NHL draft ...6-10 maybe..

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
He apparently didn't say the "I'm gonna score a couple" bit but still, lmao. Guy is proving very easy to root against

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Does Buium play on the right side a lot? Lineups I've seen do list him there though he's a LD.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Buium is a straight winner. The dude doesn't lose tourneys. He wins gold at the U-18's, scores the game winner vs Sweden at the WJC-20, scores the OT winner vs. Omaha for the NCHC Frozen Face-off title, and then sets up the crucial insurance marker in the Frozen Four championship. He likely goes very high in the upcoming NHL draft

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Played RD all year at Denver despite being a left handed shot.
I don't care which side he plays. We really don't have a PP QB of any kind that I see. He would be good at that for us. Something we are lacking severely as Jones is below meh in that area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad