GDT: 2024 NCAA Regionals/Frozen Four Discussion

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Our season is over in a week.

Let's say he signed tomorrow. I doubt he would play Sunday. That leaves Tuesday and the final game on Thursday.

If he did play that would burn a year off his ELC. Him, Bedard and Korchinski would all be up at the same time.
They were saying that the Hawks have a huge contingent of their front office at this game. I would imagine if they lose, they have the ELC in their hands ready for him to sign. Don't think they care if they burn a year.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Michigan's structure is so bad. They don't seal off the strong side boards on the breakout, or the middle. Their weak side D is always late picking up the far winger, as well. They have the talent but their forecheck and neutral zone positioning is shit.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
They don't care. Their entire staff is at the game. If they lose he's signing and they'll burn the year.

Burn, baby burn.

Would be nice to watch Nazar for a couple of games. Watching him and EDM would make the final games more appealing.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Absolutely. He's as good as gone next year. The Michigan coaching staff blows.
Bummer unfortunately. Matt Deschamps is a great guy

Our season is over in a week.

Let's say he signed tomorrow. I doubt he would play Sunday. That leaves Tuesday and the final game on Thursday.

If he did play that would burn a year off his ELC. Him, Bedard and Korchinski would all be up at the same time.
Gotcha. Like I said I’m not sure how all that ELC stuff works

ello

Jun 12, 2018
McGroarty might have a harder time translating his offence than most people expect. Seems to be able to put away opportunities when given to him but really doesn't generate a lot 5v5 and opposing dmen dont seem to have to respect him. Rough turnover for the backbreaker shorty as well.

Brindley was buzzing for the most part but missing like 3 consecutive one timers wide on the PP in the third was probably the nail in the coffin. If his size doesn't hold him back I think he's going to be the most prolific NHLer from the Michigan team.

Nazar was solid in 2 zones, getting in lanes on the PK and being an almost automatic zone entry. Continues to leave me wanting more offensively from him. Has a tendency to throw pucks away for no reason to covered teammates when he can make safer plays to keep possession going and also takes low percentage shots that lead to turnovers. Part of it might just be that he has a hard time finding his offensive timing considering he's the first one to get moved around the lineup when the coach needs a change. Pretty confident he'll be a solid, play driving NHLer for us but middle 6 vs top 6 is going to be an interesting development to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: scorehawks

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nazar of course no points...only 4 shot attemots 2 of which on goal and he was -1.
Hardly starry or anything remotely close to starry..

Methinks too many are over-pumping him..

He is good on draws though...won 8 ofc12 draws.

But I think SJ is drooling about Will Smith..

To me he is never generating much in shot attemops net and is not that great in high shooting% leading to lots of goals to compensate for lack of shot attemots and shotson goal ..

If he is such an exceptional passer
atger than goal scorer then maybe playingvwith top line wingers, he can set up his wingers for lotsvof of goals...I guess we find out more about him when he hits the Show orvin Rockford).
But I just do motcsee homeschooling go to guy 2C except for faceoifs..

You goota score goals or set up goals for the team ...You can't be a negative 5x5 guy..plus be small.
Sorry but I just do not see the brilliance we need in a starry Savuour.

Just anotger guy with flaws of which the Hawkschave in too much abundance

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I was wrong..there is no early game on Saturday to decide 3rd and 4th place at the Frozen Four...

So both Michiganand Boston U. Are done and The Hawks and Greene and Nazar have to decide their next move...stay in school 1 more season or turn pro..

Do not know if the decisions will be quick or if they are going to take their time over the summer to decide.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hmm not sure Nazar is ready looks like he will be a player tho. Seems to have all the tools and hockey sense. Another year at Michigan?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
everybody said he was the most notably player for Michighan for most of the game. pts are what they are but the eye test is just as important. Celebrini had no pts but to the eye test he was the best prospect on the ice. thompson and greene look like they could carve out a 3-4th line niche possibly. greene looked bigger thompson looked faster

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
everybody said he was the most notably player for Michighan for most of the game. pts are what they are but the eye test is just as important. Celebrini had no pts but to the eye test he was the best prospect on the ice. thompson and greene look like they could carve out a 3-4th line niche possibly. greene looked bigger thompson looked faster
Funny that Thompson looks like the new Guttman, both older prospects, both playing for a national title with Denver, both not big guys but really fast, looking to carve out that speedy bottom six center spot that could probably also move to wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad