Speculation: 2024 NCAA/Europe/Juniors Free Agents

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ben Kraws was #8 of the 9 goalies on Elite Prospects’ EPRinkside 2024 NCAA Free Agency Guide.

View attachment 836880

For "undisclosed reasons", Persson (#6 goalie) did not play for the Fighting Sioux.

Instead 21-year-old freshman Hobie Hedquist played both games as North Dakota swept their quarterfinal series. Hedquist is now 5-0 by the way.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ilya Konovalov had another big season in goal for Dynamo Moscow. A one-time Edmonton Oilers prospect, he figures to get a long look given several teams are in need of goaltending.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
One goal, nine assists in four years of college hockey.

Yeah, break out the signing bonuses.

Here comes the next Adam Fox.

If he grows a bit more he'll be as tall as Curtis Douglas.
Judging a defensive defenseman by points... that's some top shelf analysis

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Expecting TB, having exhausted so much draft capital, to continue plucking free agents out of the CHL and Europe. Maybe even the college ranks. Would love to see the Bolts get ahold of Rycholovsky. Niilo Romppanen, whom someone mentioned previously, is also intriguing.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
F_KllCgXoAAl0tx.jpg

NCAA tourney starts today. NHL GMs waiting for certain teams to be eliminated. (times EST)

Thursday:
No. 1 Denver vs. No. 4 UMass, 2 p.m. (ESPN2)
No. 2 Maine vs. No. 3 Cornell, 5:30 p.m. (ESPNews)

No. 1 Boston University vs. No. 4 RIT, 5 p.m. (ESPNU)
No. 2 Minnesota vs. No. 3 Omaha, 8:30 p.m. (ESPNU)

Friday:
No. 1 Boston College vs. No. 4 Michigan Tech, 2 p.m. (ESPNU)
No. 2 Wisconsin vs. No. 3 Quinnipiac, 5:30 p.m. (ESPNews)

No. 1 Michigan State vs. No. 4 Western Michigan, 5 p.m. (ESPNU)
No. 2 North Dakota vs. No. 3 Michigan, 8:30 p.m. (ESPNU)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Any word or rumors on Colin Graf? Seems like the kind of guy a team would take a chance on.

I mean, I imagine GMs would wait until they are out to sign him but still was curious if he was connected to anyone.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Any word or rumors on Colin Graf? Seems like the kind of guy a team would take a chance on.

I mean, I imagine GMs would wait until they are out to sign him but still was curious if he was connected to anyone.

I think it was Elliotte Friedman who mentioned that Detroit almost landed Graf last spring before he decided to go back to school. Friedman singled out Pittsburgh as an interested team last week. If only because of proximity, the Bruins/Rangers would be desirable landing spots. Graf attended prospect camp with the Preds/Panthers in past years, but that might not mean he's looking at them. I'm sure Graf and his advisor have already whittled their list down, so it could be a quick turnaround whenever Quinnipiac is eliminated.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think it was Elliotte Friedman who mentioned that Detroit almost landed Graf last spring before he decided to go back to school. Friedman singled out Pittsburgh as an interested team last week. If only because of proximity, the Bruins/Rangers would be desirable landing spots. Graf attended prospect camp with the Preds/Panthers in past years, but that might not mean he's looking at them. I'm sure Graf and his advisor have already whittled their list down, so it could be a quick turnaround whenever Quinnipiac is eliminated.
Makes a ton of sense and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Pens fans would love landing Graf, however, Sullivan would play Carter, Nieto and HAWKINS over him. So I doubt he would sign with the penguins.

Makes a ton of sense and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Old vets and AHL/ NHL tweeters make me warm and fuzzy.
1711669741239.png

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Ostman had been getting NHL interest but had lost the starting gig at Maine a couple months ago.

Couple older tweets that I stumbled on:

Boston has Brandon Bussi (RFA), Mike DiPietro, and Kyle Keyser (RFA). Ostman could slot in as a #5? Looks like they have a couple months to decide whether to sign 2022 6th rounder Reid Dyck.

Seattle has Niklas Kokko and then Chris Driedger / Ales Stezka are UFA. That might be a good landing spot for a goalie if they want an AHL spot.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Couple older tweets that I stumbled on:

Boston has Brandon Bussi (RFA), Mike DiPietro, and Kyle Keyser (RFA). Ostman could slot in as a #5? Looks like they have a couple months to decide whether to sign 2022 6th rounder Reid Dyck.

Seattle has Niklas Kokko and then Chris Driedger / Ales Stezka are UFA. That might be a good landing spot for a goalie if they want an AHL spot.

I don't think Boston would have interest anymore after signing Notre Dame Goalie Bischel

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Alright Collin, more pt in Pittsburgh for you than anywhere else. Let's do this.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
if the bruins are out on graf he's signing in detroit imo. so is truscott but he can't sign until august i think because the canucks still hold his rights

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Not sure how accurate Jordan Schmaltz has been recently, but would make sense if he's plugged in with North Dakota. Tweet cuts off a bit, but ATO with Charlotte so that might imply that Gaber is getting a 1 year ELC with the Panthers that starts next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad