Filip Sitar
Borna Kopac
Mai Crnkic

Discuss!

1A thread is here U20: - 2024 IIHF U20 World Championship, Division I A
Borna Kopac will never play for Slovenia

erik26

Apr 10, 2012
for me, Slovenia is the favorite to advance, their roster could look something like this

goalkeepers

1. Bor Glavic - HDD Jesenice/AlpsHL
2. Lan Kavcic - HK Olimpija Ljubljana/ICEHL
3. Jon Dukaric - HK Slavija Junior/IntHL

defenders
1. Maks Percic (Vernon Vipers/BCHL) - Nik Pratneker Hatic (St. Cloud Norsemen/NAHL)

2. Urban Podrekar (Niagara IceDogs/OHL) - Jan Golicic (Gatineau Olympiques/QMJHL)

3. Ozbe Slibar (EC-KAC Future Team/AlpsHL) - Ozbej Rep (Södertälje SK J20/J20 Nationell)

4. Rozle Bohinc (HDD Jesenice/AlpsHL)

reserved:
Tian Hebar (HK Celje/AlpsHL)

injured and miss WJC U20- Tit Smolnikar (EC-KAC Future Team/AlpsHL)

forwards

Mark Sever (Kloten U20/U20-Elit) - Miha Bericic (HK Olimpija Ljubljana/ICEHL) - Mai Crnkic (Brynäs IF J20/J20 Nationel)

2. Anze Zezelj (Fehérvár Hockey Academy 19/Erste Liga) - Filip Sitar (Malmö Redhawks/SHL) - Nace Langus (IK Oskarshamn J20/J20 Nationell)

3. Tarik Mahmutovic (Rögle BK J20/J20 Nationelll) - Tjas Lesnicar (HDD Jesenice/AlpsHL) -
Lovro Kumanovic (HDD Jesenice/AlpsHL)

4. Anze Siftar (EC-KAC Future Team/AlpsHL) - Zan Spari Leben (HDD Jesenice/AlpsHL) - Nik Christian Petrovic (Zug U20/U20-Elit)

13. Matic Percic (Kiekko-Espoo U18/U18/SM-sarja)

reserved: Jakob Pecnik (HK Celje/AlpsHL)

Reactions: BMann and Eye of Ra

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I assume the implication is he is waiting to be eligible to play for Sweden. One thing for sure, if he wanted to play for Slovenia he would have made U18 team 2,5 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I assume the implication is he is waiting to be eligible to play for Sweden. One thing for sure, if he wanted to play for Slovenia he would have made U18 team 2,5 years ago.
that would be weird, he is not swedish in any way, i mean, we have many players with roots from other countries, but they always have a swedish parent or lived in Sweden their whole life etc, he is not like this and the question is if he is even good enough to make Team Sweden? Slovenia needs him more thats for sure

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
that would be weird, he is not swedish in any way, i mean, we have many players with roots from other countries, but they always have a swedish parent or lived in Sweden their whole life etc, he is not like this and the question is if he is even good enough to make Team Sweden? Slovenia needs him more thats for sure
Tymashov, Suzdalev, Burakovsky, etc. He can dream.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Tymashov, Suzdalev, Burakovsky, etc. He can dream.
not really the same, timashov have a swedish parent, Suzdalev been in Sweden since he was a small kid and Burakovskys mother is swedish and his dad was born and raised in malmö, they have more clear connection to sweden

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Continuing like he has he should be good enough for the EHT roster at least, makes sense to give it a shot.

orebro77

Dec 5, 2023
don’t know what are his intentions, but he is 2005 and to score 38 points in “funny” team like Oskarshamn, sounds like quite a project.
Would rather see him, then some 2005 players in the NT.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
He made a key leap to men's hockey in Sweden. Personally I believe where one learns hockey is more important than parent's nationality. Slovenia will miss him, but there are bigger issues in hockey than one player.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I'm glad to see Croatia here. Yes sure "they're the worst team on paper", blabla, but the boys went abroad to learn the game they like while their national federation and pandemic gave them every excuse to abandon their dream of playing the game they like on competitive level.

I'll be rooting for them for sure!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Had no idea Tommaso De Luca committed to Italy. This Italy roster is no joke, couple of really good talents on it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Had no idea Tommaso De Luca committed to Italy. This Italy roster is no joke, couple of really good talents on it.
With Clara in the net they would probably be favorites, without him, Slovenia still appears to have an edge to me.

On an unrelated note, in context of the other tournaments, much love to Slovenia for always delivering free, quality streams.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
On an unrelated note, in context of the other tournaments, much love to Slovenia for always delivering free, quality streams.
I always same the same Tallinn hosted tournaments.

Yeah Italy clearly is too much for this Estonia, frankly Estonia is lucky Croatia got promoted last year, probably ensuring another year in 1B level.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah Italy clearly is too much for this Estonia, frankly Estonia is lucky Croatia got promoted last year, probably ensuring another year in 1B level.
They have a habit of beating Poland so 2 more years at least :sarcasm:

Honestly, Poland without Macias is looking pretty sad as well. I think last year's Croatian team (with one more Idzan compared to this one) would have had a fighting chance against them.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
suprised italy is in 1b woudl of thought they be a solid division 1a program based on world level success
Hard to see the success you are talking about. The first Italian-born player ever was drafted this year. Legitimate 1A countries develop one every few years, at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Its on yt? I could not find, but Ukraina games is on this channel
All the [other] games are broadcasted on video2go.live

Estonians are hanging in there against Ukraine. Really can't help but be proud how they are playing and doing despite "running out of Jogies", as ozo put it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad