NFL: 2024 Free Agent Freak Show

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I won't exhale and celebrate just yet but we're so close now. So close to the six-year run of mediocrity being over. Need the Falcons to go all in while the Vikings hold firm.
I'm afraid of a bidding war where the Falcons grossly overpay. I'd rather just get Fields for a 3rd or even Flacco and draft best available in the 2nd at this point.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm afraid of a bidding war where the Falcons grossly overpay. I'd rather just get Fields for a 3rd or even Flacco and draft best available in the 2nd at this point.
You need a starter for 2024. Rolling back with Ridder, not sure it's going to fly and I doubt that QB5/6 will start opening day.
At his age and injury, looking at 2 years of AAV contract for Cousins to be guaranteed. Probably a similar deal that Carr got which ended up being $60 mill fully guaranteed upon signing with another $10 mill that was certainly to be vested since it would active after year 1.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
You need a starter for 2024. Rolling back with Ridder, not sure it's going to fly and I doubt that QB5/6 will start opening day.
At his age and injury, looking at 2 years of AAV contract for Cousins to be guaranteed. Probably a similar deal that Carr got which ended up being $60 mill fully guaranteed upon signing with another $10 mill that was certainly to be vested since it would active after year 1.
Well, yes. This I absolutely agree with.

Just not crazy about throwing a ton of money at a 36-year-old coming in with a recently blown out achillies. Think I'd rather give up a 3rd for Fields. Heck...I'd give up more if Browning is available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad