2024 Draft

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Button's latest: Craig’s List: Russian winger Ivan Demidov soars to No. 2 behind Macklin Celebrini | TSN

Gotta give it to you @User1996 Buium has risen

Can't see him & Parekh being the 1st 2 though, and Silayev past 10
Lindstrom at our slot though. Also have to think if Catton is still there he doesn't make it past our spot.
Seems like his list skews towards skill for sure. Parekh is way too high for my liking though, as weird as it sounds based off how high I am on Buium, I’m not very high on Parekh.

I’d say McKenzie’s list says a lot more about how it will go, so I’d agree, Silayev past 10 won’t happen. NHL teams will love his and Levshunov’s size enough to bet on them over Parekh/Buium. Although I think Buium has as good of a chance, if not better to be the best of the bunch (but I think everyone knows that by now lol).

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I agree with Button in regards to Silayev. I don't have him in my top 10, but I can see the appeal with his size and skating. I do question his puck skills, and to me he's the biggest wildcard in the draft.

Catton at 15 though is absurd.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The thing about Craig's list is that it's not a prediction of how he thinks the draft will go, but rather just his view of players potential.

More importantly, it's a pretty good predictor of what his brother, Todd Button's list will look like. Meaning, the Flames are probably gonna take a defencemen if the expected run on the top ranked forwards happens.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I could see Lindstrom dropping a bit. PWF with a back and hand injuries in his draft year can be scary for teams. Still has a great mix of tools and it's getting rarer and rarer for kids to have a pronounced mean streak.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Pipe dream of bombing the rest of the way and ending up 6th and winning the lottery. Trade Markstrom package to NJ for there first and get Tij. Use vancouvers pick to draft Luke Misa. Would be a nice start to retool.
I just did the sim a few times and both NYI & NJ won. So slim odds can happen!
Man, we really should have made that trade with NJ (no protection). Having an extra shot would have been huge.

Reactions: Potty John

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Pipe dream of bombing the rest of the way and ending up 6th and winning the lottery. Trade Markstrom package to NJ for there first and get Tij. Use vancouvers pick to draft Luke Misa. Would be a nice start to retool.
Misa seems like a 2nd round guy you could get at 38 or whatever it ends up being to me.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Rumor has it Montreal management is high on Tij and met him already 4 times.

If Calgary picks #8 and Montreal #6, what would you give up to trade picks with them and draft Tij?

He would look good in a Flames jersey I think.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Rumor has it Montreal management is high on Tij and met him already 4 times.

If Calgary picks #8 and Montreal #6, what would you give up to trade picks with them and draft Tij?

He would look good in a Flames jersey I think.
Probably nothing. There are better options at 6 anyways and the cost to move up would make that a very questionable deal.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Probably nothing. There are better options at 6 anyways and the cost to move up would make that a very questionable deal.
I'd have to agree. As much as I'd love to get Iggy 2.0, not worth paying when there'd still be other really good options available.
Seattle fans also seem to be keen on him, so maybe we just stay below these guys?

Reactions: User1996

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I'd have to agree. As much as I'd love to get Iggy 2.0, not worth paying when there'd still be other really good options available.
Seattle fans also seem to be keen on him, so maybe we just stay below these guys?
Demidov is really the only guy I would see value in trading up for. Even at #8 we will end up with a player that could have gone #3 if that makes sense. Because things are so close and interchangeable, it’s not a year that I see much value in trading up.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I think Iginla goes ahead of Lindstrom and Helenius. Celebrini and Demidov will go ahead of Tij. A toss up between him and Catton who goes first. Picks 2-13 are going to be a lot of fun to see unfold in the last in person draft.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
For Vancouver’s 1st, I don’t see how Edmonton overtakes them at this point, unfortunately for us.

Assuming that’s 24ish, some targets I’d be hopeful for are Sennecke, Freij, Basha, Stiga, and Hage.

Last edited:

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I think Iginla goes ahead of Lindstrom and Helenius. Celebrini and Demidov will go ahead of Tij. A toss up between him and Catton who goes first. Picks 2-13 are going to be a lot of fun to see unfold in the last in person draft.
I could see Lindstrom falling - back injuries that take longer than expected to return from, and now after he missed their last playoff game, potentially a recurring back injury.

I don’t particularly love Helenius, but the advantage he and Catton have is playing the premier position. Catton is a special prospect that it would be very hard to pass on in favour of Iginla.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yeah I’m starting to think that Iginla doesn’t get past Ottawa/Montreal

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The upwards trajectory of Iginla has been insane, and he's only further solidifying that in the playoffs. The 3-13ish range in this draft is such a ridiculous crapshoot.

I honestly have zero idea how it's going to play out or whom we will draft.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Top 15:

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Cayden Lindstrom
4. Artyom Levshunov
5. Zayne Parekh
6. Tij Iginla
7. Berkly Catton
8. Sam Dickinson
9. Anton Silayev
10. Zeev Buium
11. Cole Eiserman
12. Konsta Helenius
13. Liam Greentree
14. Trevor Connelly
15. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard

Flames currently in 8th and in position to miss out on all the top forwards. I guess Silayev would be acceptable.

But really though, the Flames should just win the lottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad