2024 Draft

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Our pick is lining up pretty nicely with Iginla. I'd be shocked if we didn't take him. Collect all the Iggy's

Reactions: IharRB

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I wonder how much influence an NHL team would have over the development of a WHL prospect. Like, Iginla has played some C, but primarily on the wing. Would be nice if you could tell Kelowna you want him to play C next year.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Iginla currently sitting 2nd in the WHL playoffs with 11 points in 6 games.

Albeit more GP, but still. If he were a C he’s probably talked about going #2/3.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Tij is 100% gone when the Flames pick. 8 goals, 11 points in 6 playoffs games already. Clutch as can be.

Montreal is rumored to having met him already 4 times.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
We've got a bit of a nice cushion right now for 8th at worst.
I never would have thought this a couple weeks ago, but Ott/Ari/Mont are all within reach
6 games left.....whats the date for the lottery?

Tij is 100% gone when the Flames pick. 8 goals, 11 points in 6 playoffs games already. Clutch as can be.

Montreal is rumored to having met him already 4 times.
Maybe we pick before you guys? Then we can extort you guys for a player you're wanting...

Reactions: Michoulicious

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
We've got a bit of a nice cushion right now for 8th at worst.
I never would have thought this a couple weeks ago, but Ott/Ari/Mont are all within reach
6 games left.....whats the date for the lottery?

Maybe we pick before you guys? Then we can extort you guys for a player you're wanting...
Yeah, I don't underestimate that Habs team ability to win meaningless games and end up picking 9th.

I personally prefer Demidov, but the Iginla hype is real in Montreal. All media outlets are talking about that. And with Lindstrom's bad back, I'd not be suprised Iginla gets picked even if Lindstrom is available.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
In some ways its almost better to pick after, you just know the haters will always post "X team blew it by not drafting X player"
I think most Flames fans are happy with any player in the top 8. Tij will be coming here anyways after his 1st contract is done!

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
It’s going to be sacrilegious to say, but I’m almost glad Iginla is playing out of his mind these playoffs and rocketing up the draft boards, because I don’t want the Flames to be in a position of having to choose whether to pick him or not. There are 3 forwards you very firmly take over him for the Flames in Celebrini, Demidov, and Lindstrom, followed by two tossups in Catton and Eiserman. The fan reaction over the decades if we picked Catton or Eiserman over Iginla and one of them busts/disappoints might be enough for management to supersede the scouts opinions, even if a player like Lindstrom (back issues) or Demidov (Russian factor) fall to our pick in an extreme circumstance.

The side factor of him going ahead of us also means one of the aforementioned forwards are more likely to still be available for us. Could be the difference of us picking between Catton or Eiserman (or Iginla obviously), or having one of Lindstrom or Demidov in the mix as well. If most the forward options are off the board and we picked Iginla I’d be ecstatic, but if we are drafting 6th or 7th with some forwards with some very elite qualities available I’d always wonder if we took him to appease the fans or because our scouts truly believed he was the best option. While what he is currently doing is amazing, I feel like it’s pretty reasonable that when it’s all said and done all of Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, and Eiserman end up better by a fair margin.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
We can and should stay away from Eiserman. I see him dropping out of the Top 10 maybe 15.

I'm hoping we get 6th or 7th pick. I think 1 or 2 of Montreal, Ottawa, Arizona could pass us.

If Iginla goes higher than 6th or 7th than we most assuredly get a very impact player in his place.

but I'm still hoping we can get Tij and Joe

Imagine an alumni game with:

Tij - Joe - Jarome

Daaang

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
We can and should stay away from Eiserman. I see him dropping out of the Top 10 maybe 15.

I'm hoping we get 6th or 7th pick. I think 1 or 2 of Montreal, Ottawa, Arizona could pass us.

If Iginla goes higher than 6th or 7th than we most assuredly get a very impact player in his place.

but I'm still hoping we can get Tij and Joe

Imagine an alumni game with:

Tij - Joe - Jarome

Daaang
There is a better chance he goes #2 than outside the top 15, and he won’t be #2. People are really overthinking this. Everyone and their dog knows he’s the best goal scorer in this draft. Celebrini may have more tools at his disposal to score a goal but nobody comes close to being able to beat a goalie clean with their shot like Eiserman. He’s also one of the youngest guys in the entire draft.

This whole thing reeks of armchair scouts trying out-smart eachother. Like nobody cares that Kyle Connor has only ever met his team’s defenseman in passing, or that Ovechkin didn’t utilize his teammates as well as he could’ve. A team is going to walk up to the podium thinking there’s a good chance they just added their teams best goal scorer for the next decade+, and I’d put a large wager it happens between pick 3-8.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I would love if Eiserman went before us and any of the other top guys fell...

Not sure I'd actually place a wager with you because I don't gamble and could be messy receiving or sending cash - but I would be VERY surprised if Eiserman went between 3-8.

But as long as we don't take him - I'm glad if someone else does and leaves another player available for us

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
If we won the draft lottery so that we could take Celebrini.

Would you trade Vancouver's 1st Round Pick + Dallas 2nd + Kadri to move back up to around the Top 5-8 to get a swing at Iginla?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Catton is the player we should be aiming at here if it's a WHLer. Tij is the third best player on his line. I'm not saying he shouldn't go in the top 15, he should. But he shouldn't be a top 10 pick. For me he's kind of tied with Lindstrom in that 3rd or 4th best player from the WHL. Lindstrom has a higher ceiling and lower floor, very inconsistent but amazing tools. Catton is far better than Tij.

Reactions: DomBarr

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Catton is the player we should be aiming at here if it's a WHLer. Tij is the third best player on his line. I'm not saying he shouldn't go in the top 15, he should. But he shouldn't be a top 10 pick. For me he's kind of tied with Lindstrom in that 3rd or 4th best player from the WHL. Lindstrom has a higher ceiling and lower floor, very inconsistent but amazing tools. Catton is far better than Tij.
Its this reason that I hope that the Coyotes and Sens manage to get by us. picking 6th is where Catton fits.
That said this is the Flames watch them get unlucky and lucky at the same time. end up picking 10th but Iginla is still there but decide to pick a dman.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I don’t necessarily disagree that Catton could be the pick, but Tij is not the third best player on his line. He was named Kelowna’s MVP even.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don’t necessarily disagree that Catton could be the pick, but Tij is not the third best player on his line. He was named Kelowna’s MVP even.
I'd say you haven't watched them play if you don't think he's the third best player on his line. It's obvious even to a hockey newbie. Cristall stirs the drink there, Szturc does all the heavy lifting. Catton is a much better player than Tij.

Again, I'm not saying Tij isn't a good player. I'm saying he should be drafted somewhere between 10-15th OA and will go higher because of the last name. I'm saying don't draft Tij over Catton. Catton is a future top 6 C, likely a 1C. Tij might be a 1st line winger in the Cammalieri type.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I'd say you haven't watched them play if you don't think he's the third best player on his line. It's obvious even to a hockey newbie. Cristall stirs the drink there, Szturc does all the heavy lifting. Catton is a much better player than Tij.

Again, I'm not saying Tij isn't a good player. I'm saying he should be drafted somewhere between 10-15th OA and will go higher because of the last name. I'm saying don't draft Tij over Catton. Catton is a future top 6 C, likely a 1C. Tij might be a 1st line winger in the Cammalieri type.
Well you would be incorrect, then - I’m quite literally watching the Rockets and Wild game on demand from the other night as we speak. And I’d question whether you have would have watched - or just gone the lazy route and lumped their top 3 scorers as linemates. He has been playing with Cicek and Gosjic all playoffs - not Cristall and Sturcz. I’d say it’s actually quite uncommon I’ve seen those three on the ice and the same time, save PP.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Well you would be incorrect, then. And I’d question whether you have would have watched - or just gone the lazy route and lumped their top 3 scorers as linemates. He has been playing with Cicek and Gosjic all playoffs - not Cristall and Sturcz. I’d say it’s actually quite uncommon I’ve seen those three on the ice and the same time, save PP.
No, you're blatantly wrong. He played with Szturc and Gosjic in the playoffs mostly, but they've mixed them up. In the regular season (sample size that actually matters) he played with Cristall and Szturc.

• Haha
Reactions: User1996

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
There's like a 90% chance the Flames would force Catton to play wing if they drafted him. Skilled and undersized? That's a winger every time to the Flames.

Iginla's the perfect pick because it seems like he's projected to end up as a winger in the NHL. Which means he's the perfect fit and the obvious choice to be the Flames number one center.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00