2024 Draft

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Funny considering how many people said this about Matthew Tkachuk.
I don't really watch the OHL. I would have said he was the second best player on his line at the time though. I get it, you're all excited about Tij. If we end up picking 11th and take him I'll be fine with it. If we pick 6th and take him ahead of Catton it will look just as dumb as I said the Honzek pick would look last year.

That’s a Skip Bayless-esque take.
It's the take of someone who has watched him. I don't know how anyone could watch him and Cristall this year and think Tij is driving that team. He's just not.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I don't really watch the OHL. I would have said he was the second best player on his line at the time though. I get it, you're all excited about Tij. If we end up picking 11th and take him I'll be fine with it. If we pick 6th and take him ahead of Catton it will look just as dumb as I said the Honzek pick would look last year.

It's the take of someone who has watched him. I don't know how anyone could watch him and Cristall this year and think Tij is driving that team. He's just not.

Oh I fully acknowledge that Tij is rose coloured glasses, but just made me chuckle given that plenty of scouts thought Tkachuk was a product of Marner and Dvorak.

Personally I was hoping for Barlow, Moore or Perrault last year, and was whelmed as heck with Honzek. Still time to pull it around, but we'll see if he does.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
No, you're blatantly wrong. He played with Szturc and Gosjic in the playoffs mostly, but they've mixed them up. In the regular season (sample size that actually matters) he played with Cristall and Szturc.

Uhhh... no he didn't.
Tij hasn't played that much with Cristall at 5v5 this season.

GIl6I2gbsAA1nqe

GGlOcjWbsAA6-Ls

416298505_873542968113261_6137363756859138554_n.jpg

415101962_869463368521221_144238749134155480_n.jpg

400469472_836411735159718_3629972655347405346_n.jpg

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Oh I fully acknowledge that Tij is rose coloured glasses, but just made me chuckle given that plenty of scouts thought Tkachuk was a product of Marner and Dvorak.

Personally I was hoping for Barlow, Moore or Perrault last year, and was whelmed as heck with Honzek. Still time to pull it around, but we'll see if he does.
I was hoping for Moore first and ASP 2nd. Not Perrault just because I got so tired of seeing guys skate slowly with Tkachuk, Monahan and Toffoli...haha

Uhhh... no he didn't.
Tij hasn't played that much with Cristall at 5v5 this season.

GIl6I2gbsAA1nqe

GGlOcjWbsAA6-Ls

416298505_873542968113261_6137363756859138554_n.jpg

415101962_869463368521221_144238749134155480_n.jpg

400469472_836411735159718_3629972655347405346_n.jpg
Again, wrong. He's spent most of the season with Cristall and Szturc. This can be seen with Cristall assisting on most of his goals and him assisting on most of Cristalls. Both are well over 50%. You were one of the guys who loved the Honzek pick too, you compared him to guys like Draisaitl and Rantanen. I'll take your WHL knowledge with a grain of salt, although you're a good poster on other topics.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Again, wrong. He's spent most of the season with Cristall and Szturc. This can be seen with Cristall assisting on most of his goals and him assisting on most of Cristalls. Both are well over 50%.

The official team page is just faking their lines I guess. They play on the same powerplay and yes have played some random stretches together at 5v5 but for the most part Tij has been carrying the Rockets' 2nd line.

You were one of the guys who loved the Honzek pick too, you compared him to guys like Draisaitl and Rantanen. I'll take your WHL knowledge with a grain of salt, although you're a good poster on other topics.

Mmmmm nope. Believe the first comparison I made on Honzek was a Slovakian Jankowski :laugh:
I said I thought his skating was better than Draisaitl and Rantanen's were at the same age. Big difference.
And I didn't love that pick, wanted Musty, Ritchie, Yager, or Barlow. I mean the thread is right there, right next to this one if you don't believe me.

Reactions: User1996

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side

So have I. Plenty of times. Probably more than you. Tij has been the best player on that line the entire second half of the season plus playoffs. Anyone saying other just doesn’t know what they are talking about. Or what they’re watching. In fact they might be watching an entirely different sport.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The official team page is just faking their lines I guess. They play on the same powerplay and yes have played some random stretches together at 5v5 but for the most part Tij has been carrying the Rockets' 2nd line.

Mmmmm nope. Believe the first comparison I made on Honzek was a Slovakian Jankowski :laugh:
I said I thought his skating was better than Draisaitl and Rantanen's were at the same age. Big difference.
And I didn't love that pick, wanted Musty, Ritchie, Yager, or Barlow. I mean the thread is right there, right next to this one if you don't believe me.
I looked it up. You used comparables of Rantanen, Draisaitl, Hanzal and Zacha. You're correct the comparison on the first 2 was skating. It shows you didn't even know he was a winger and you really had no idea what type of player he was. You did make the Slovakian Jankowski comment but then later compare him to the 4 listed. All of whom are centers when Honzek is a winger who projects as a winger.

Again, you picked a few games and isn't it hard to assist on more than half of each others goals when you aren't even on the ice together? It's not just PP either. It's all situations except SH.

I get you want to be right, but use a bit of common sense.

• Haha
Reactions: User1996

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
So have I. Plenty of times. Probably more than you. Tij has been the best player on that line the entire second half of the season plus playoffs. Anyone saying other just doesn’t know what they are talking about. Or what they’re watching. In fact they might be watching an entirely different sport.
Clearly you're lying. He hasn't played with Cristall in the playoffs. You could make a case he's been the 2nd best player in the second half. No, you definitely haven't seen him more than me. Not if you think he should be drafted ahead of Catton. I doubt you've ever watched a shift of either player based on your posts.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Is blatantly wrong, doubles down, and brings up an old take that is completely irrelevant to try and prove a point.

This is honestly so hilarious

Reactions: InfinityIggy

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Clearly you're lying. He hasn't played with Cristall in the playoffs. You could make a case he's been the 2nd best player in the second half. No, you definitely haven't seen him more than me. Not if you think he should be drafted ahead of Catton. I doubt you've ever watched a shift of either player based on your posts.
I don’t care who’s on his line in the playoffs, he’s been the best player on his line then, just like in the 2nd half of the season. Anything else you say on the matter should be taken as satire and not serious. And I’m in Lake Country so clearly I’ve been to more games this you. Stop it.

In fact, a personal grudge needs to be considered considering you confidently stated he was the third best player on his line, and then sheepishly had to walk it back to second best in the second half. Anyone who confidently makes that type of proclamation in this discussion can only have personal bias. Disgusting.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
At this point I am hoping that the Flames win the lottery just so there is no question about who they take and how good they are.
because the last page or so is painful

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don’t care who’s on his line in the playoffs, he’s been the best player on his line then, just like in the 2nd half of the season. Anything else you say on the matter should be taken as satire and not serious. And I’m in Lake Country so clearly I’ve been to more games this you. Stop it.

In fact, a personal grudge needs to be considered considering you confidently stated he was the third best player on his line, and then sheepishly had to walk it back to second best in the second half. Anyone who confidently makes that type of proclamation in this discussion can only have personal bias. Disgusting.
No, I said he was the third best player on his line over the full season. I think it was really close between him and his center most played with the second half. He wasn't close to Cristall at any point.
Yes, a Flames fan bears a personal grudge against a kid named Iginla. Brilliant analysis. Your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I don't think you're in lake country or have ever watched him play if you think he's better than Cristall. It's ok that you don't know much about junior hockey. Lots of people don't.

Iginla should go 3rd or 4th in terms of draft eligible WHLers. Yakemchuk and Catton are clearly better prospects. Lindstrom is more talented, but less consistent. It's a toss up between those 2. I don't know much about prospects from other leagues, but if you look at my WHL track record it's pretty clear I'm right a lot more than I'm wrong.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
No, I said he was the third best player on his line over the full season. I think it was really close between him and his center most played with the second half. He wasn't close to Cristall at any point.
Yes, a Flames fan bears a personal grudge against a kid named Iginla. Brilliant analysis. Your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I don't think you're in lake country or have ever watched him play if you think he's better than Cristall. It's ok that you don't know much about junior hockey. Lots of people don't.

Iginla should go 3rd or 4th in terms of draft eligible WHLers. Yakemchuk and Catton are clearly better prospects. Lindstrom is more talented, but less consistent. It's a toss up between those 2. I don't know much about prospects from other leagues, but if you look at my WHL track record it's pretty clear I'm right a lot more than I'm wrong.
That’s your opinion.

Catton might be better but he also plays almost 50% more minutes than Iginla. And as someone who lives in the Okanagan, he is not the third best player on his line. He’s the best player on the team. The coach puts lines in the blender more than anyone I’ve ever seen. Iginla reminds me of Tkachuk and I think he’s the kind of player who will turn into a first line winger. And he has pedigree.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I looked it up. You used comparables of Rantanen, Draisaitl, Hanzal and Zacha. You're correct the comparison on the first 2 was skating. It shows you didn't even know he was a winger and you really had no idea what type of player he was. You did make the Slovakian Jankowski comment but then later compare him to the 4 listed. All of whom are centers when Honzek is a winger who projects as a winger.

Oh yes of course, how could I be so stupid. Mikko Rantanen the famously Finnish star center. Makes you wonder what the Avs need Mittelstadt for when they have such a great 1-2 punch of MacKinnon-Rantanen down the middle?

They're just hockey players man. They skate, they shoot, they hit, they pass, they check. They all do these things whether they play on the wing or they play at C. Making a comparison does not necessarily mean 1:1 == this is who this player is going to be. The world does not exist in such black and white terms, there are many shades of grey. Just because someone says a player skates better than Draisaitl did at the same age does not mean they think he's going to be better than Draisaitl. That's simply an incorrect conclusion to make.

Again, you picked a few games and isn't it hard to assist on more than half of each others goals when you aren't even on the ice together? It's not just PP either. It's all situations except SH.

5 games from 5 different months.
You keep saying that but you're just wrong about it. Tij scored on five goals this regular season at even strength assisted by Cristall. Five! Unless my math is horribly wrong that's nowhere near more than half of 47. They play on the powerplay together because it would be abject incompetence if they didn't.

check for yourself, the CHL keeps good records
Kelowna Rockets

I get you want to be right, but use a bit of common sense.

Well there's certainly one person desperate to be right here. I prefer to use facts.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Not to pound the drum again (although I guess that’s what this technically is), Zeev Buium is a gem. His ability to escape forecheckers and move the puck is special. Has defended very well today too.

I’m convinced we look back in 10 years and he’s the best of that crop of D.

Last edited:

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Catton and Lindstrom both shut down for the year - won’t be at U18’s.

That nagging back issue for Lindstrom is concerning.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Catton and Lindstrom both shut down for the year - won’t be at U18’s.

That nagging back issue for Lindstrom is concerning.
What happened with Catton? Disappointing to hear for both players as they are both around our slot

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Not to pound the drum again (although I guess that’s what this technically is), Zeev Buium is a gem. His ability to escape forecheckers and move the puck is special. Has defended very well today too.

I’m convinced we look back in 10 years and he’s the best of that crop of D.
I don't care how good he is Zeev Buium is the most bust name, perhaps of all time. Hard pass for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad