2024 Draft - Overagers to watch

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Jiri Tichacek - PPG defenseman playing in the Czechia Extraliga.

Ivan Ivantsov - Playing on a 40 pts pace in the KHL

Ilya Nabokov - Pretty good goalie playing in the KHL
The Avs really need to sign this guy. They currently have Ivan Prosvetov with the Avs and Ivan Ivan playing for the Colorado Eagles. Ivan Ivantsov would the cherry on top.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Hudson Thornton OFD who had a break out last year and is continuing it this season is still flying under the radar

Vasili Atanasov. I believe is on last year of eligibility and is absolutely torching the KHL. Reports are he is a very complete 200ft player and in good graces of Larianov. Silayev on Torpedo too.

Alexander Hellnemo was ranked #1 EU goalie for 2023 draft but having a rough start to this year. Still plenty of time to turn it around, but he was looking pretty decent last season.

Ondrej Becher is taking WHL by storm so far.

Few more I am missing but its late and brain is tired. I'll edit them in tomorrow.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Hudson Thornton is draft eligible anymore either? I believe Jan. 1, 2004 is the cutoff for North American overagers. He is a late 2003 and has only been through two drafts but I believe he's now a free agent?

Another Cougar to keep an eye on is forward Carlin Dezainde, he had a really strong showing in my live viewing here in Kelowna. That is a deep team but you look at Wheatcroft and Funk in back to back years and Dezainde could be that guy next season.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I like Repcik but he may not have enough to be more than a Czech league guy.

I look at Lutz as a second rounder then I look at Veit Oswald. Maybe not as fast but there is much to like ... Looks like a potential NHLer to me if he develops.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ondrej Becher
Tomas Cibulka
Mattya Melovsky
Dominik Rymon
Robin Sapousek

That is a lot of undrafted points

Rymon had impressive numbers at the WJC for the Czech Republic in Gothenburg and is scoring at a better than point per game pace for Everett.

Why was he not drafted last summer and how high does he go this year?

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Rymon had impressive numbers at the WJC for the Czech Republic in Gothenburg and is scoring at a better than point per game pace for Everett.

Why was he not drafted last summer and how high does he go this year?
Becher is 1.5 ppg in WHL... also undrafted.

It's all strange to me that no one will take these guys with 6th and 7th rounders.

As far as Rymon... he may be like Szturc.. have a good WJC, great stats and get undrafted twice. Very possible despite my confusion.lol

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Jiri Tichacek - PPG defenseman playing in the Czechia Extraliga.

Ivan Ivantsov - Playing on a 40 pts pace in the KHL

Ilya Nabokov - Pretty good goalie playing in the KHL

Of these players especially curious to see if Tichacek attracts interest despite his (lack of) size.

For all of the focus on the American college players like Hutson and Casey, the fact that Tichacek is having success at the professional level would seem to make a difference.

Reactions: Czechboy

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't watch Ales Cech very closely at the WJC but his size and the fact that he is playing in the Extraliga as a 19-year-old would seem to attract attention.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'll be curious to see where Tyler Thorpe (Vancouver Giants) goes in this draft.

He's an overager but not by much (DOB is 8/11/05) and if he was 5 weeks younger and first-time eligible he's probably a 2nd round pick. 6'5 216, big-time release on his shot. 22 goals in 46 games right now and has been on fire for the past month despite being on a poor team with no supporting cast.

But having passed through the draft ... who knows. Currently 110 NA per CSS.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Sweden (SHL, Allsvenskan, J20 Nationell): Hugo Fransson (D), Hannes Hellberg (F), Petter Vesterheim (F), Lucas Lagerberg Hoen (D), Oskar Asplund (D), Isac Hedqvist (F), Kalle Carlsson (F), Filip Sitar (F), Arvid Bergström (D)

Liiga: Jesse Pulkkinen* (D), Elmeri Laakso (D), Janne Naukkarinen (F), Jere Lassila (F), Jimi Suomi (D), Kalle Ervasti (D), Benjamin Rautiainen (F), Arttu Alasiurua (F), Noa Vali (G), Jimi Kuivila (G)

NL: Simone Terraneo (D), Tommaso De Luca (F)

Czechia: Jiří Ticháček (D), Jaromír Pérez (F), Adam Cedzo (F), Jan Kavan (G)

KHL: Ilya Ivantsov (F), Vladimir Mikhalyov (F), Yaroslav Busygin (D), Yaroslav Tsulygin (D), Yegor Vinogradov (F), German Tochilkin (F), Yegor Klimovich (F), Pavel Moysevich* (G), Ilya Nabokov* (G), Dmitri Gamzin (G)

VHL: Grigori Kuzmin (F), Makar Khanin (F), Daniil O. Ivanov (D), Magomed Sharakanov (D), Sergei Artemyev (F), Radel Zamaltdinov (F), Gleb Saranchuk (G)

MHL: Nikita Surayev (F), Dmitri Utkin (F), Ignat Lutfullin (F), Yegor Solovyov (F)

USHL: Gavyn Thoreson (F), Erik Påhlsson (F), Benjamin Poitras (F), Austin Burnevik (F), Gennadi Chaly (D)

OHL: Anthony Romani (F), Dalyn Wakely (F), Donovan McCoy (D)

QMJHL: Antonin Verreault (F), Joseph Henneberry (F), Markus Vidicek (F), Mathis Rousseau (G)

WHL: Kenta Isogai (F), Oasiz Wiesblatt (F), Nate Misskey (D), Mazden Leslie (D), Harrison Meneghin (G)

NCAA: Andon Cerbone (F), Matthew DiMarsico (F), Ben Robertson (D), Tanner Adams (F), Dylan Hryckowian (F), Jake Livanavage (D)

Definitely some names I left off, figured I'd just try to list the more prominent ones

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
WHL: Kenta Isogai (F), Oasiz Wiesblatt (F), Nate Misskey (D), Mazden Leslie (D), Harrison Meneghin (G)

Wiesblatt has comically stubby legs and is nothing but ECHL material with his skating. I'd be shocked if anyone picked him.

It was a big surprise that Leslie wasn't drafted last year but is production is actually down this year and if scouts didn't like him in 2023 I'd have a hard time thinking they will in 2024.

My WHL list would include Misskey/Isogai/Meneghin along with Tyler Thorpe (6'5, very young overager, big shot), Dominik Rymon and Ondrej Becher who are both ripping up the league and had big WJCs for Czechia, and Shane Smith in Medicine Hat who has a size/physicality combination that teams will like at C plus is on pace for 35 goals.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sisu-Petteri Lehtonen seems more than likely to spend the bulk of his career in Europe; or at the very least to need a few more years of grooming before he is signed as a free agent.

But he is eligible for the 2024 NHL Draft, is a right-hand shot defenseman and recently skated over 16 minutes in a game for TPS.

That and Sisu is a great hockey name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad