2024 Draft Discussion

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Larkin was #15OA. It's a good number for the Wings. There's enough talent in this draft, I think at least one kid drafted 15 or later becomes a Robert Thomas level player. I have no idea which one though, lol.
Anecdotes: yes we can.
Statistics: no we can't.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Fair. But I'll be downright stunned if they make the pick and (assuming they don't trade up) the guy they take becomes anything more than either a middle six forward or a 4/5 defenseman (and I'd lean even lower than that).
Like I said in earlier posts, I applaud you for being realistic about what the pick is likely to become. Sadly, I think that also proves the value of the pick as a trade asset.

I think the best thing we have going for us is a GM who is not afraid of the trade market.

Reactions: Winger98

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The name Eiserman just feels right for the Red Wings. :laugh:

It's how Clinton pronounced Yzerman wasn't it?
I thought it was more Ah-ZEERmon

Just freaking out about the YZ combo and overemphasizing the ZE bit.

Like Chance and Skjei "That's an S, a K, and a J all next to each other. So that's a nope."

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Connolly and Hage are two interesting guys that could be available when we pick. Connolly has some character concerns, not sure the extent of those concerns.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Eiserman(n) is basically german version of dutch (Ij)Yzerman(n). In German you read EI as AY.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Admittedly, I haven't done nearly as much scouting as I usually do. Partially because I thought we'd be in the Playoffs, and I just have less spare time, so I dont know the players as well as I usually do, but I do see Eiserman plummeting in recent lists and rankings.

I've heard he's a one-dimensional scorer, but like, if he's there at 15, it seems like a no brainer to draft him right?

Maybe I'm looking too much into the Yzerman-Eiserman connection, but it would be a miracle to grab him at 15 in my mind...

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Did Eiserman started to fall in the rankings after he was cut from the U20 worlds? Before that i think he was quite firmly in the top-5. Makes me think that people started to overreact because he was cut from the team.
Dunno for sure, Tankathon still shows him going 5th OA and Button ( Craig's List TSN.ca) has him as 8th OA, interestingly Button has Cayden Lindstrom as 10th OA, if he falls, it is someone maybe worth moving up a few spots to snag if you can, he was hurt a good chunk of the season, but Greentree or Cattan may be around for 15 OA too.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Admittedly, I haven't done nearly as much scouting as I usually do. Partially because I thought we'd be in the Playoffs, and I just have less spare time, so I dont know the players as well as I usually do, but I do see Eiserman plummeting in recent lists and rankings.

I've heard he's a one-dimensional scorer, but like, if he's there at 15, it seems like a no brainer to draft him right?

Maybe I'm looking too much into the Yzerman-Eiserman connection, but it would be a miracle to grab him at 15 in my mind...
Trade up if you like him that well. What does a trade up to 5 or 6 cost legitimately? 15 plus... what? ( Real question )

* Draft lottery luck and we just end up picking 5th anyways... ;)

Flop the Senators to 9th! Awesome.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Can't trade the pick until we know where we're drafting. Itty bitty 1.1% chance drafting #5.

Also, are ppl going to get all pissy if Yzerman doesn't find an offer that makes sense? I feel like people sit behind their phones coming up outrageous ideas as if they have a clue.

I personally don't care either way because I think Yzerman will do what he can, and do what's best for the long term health of the franchise.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did Eiserman started to fall in the rankings after he was cut from the U20 worlds? Before that i think he was quite firmly in the top-5. Makes me think that people started to overreact because he was cut from the team.
No, he has been progressively dropping for awhile. Due to a combination of factors.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I wish signal had the grit his dad had. He’s still second on my list behind Nygard. I can’t see Steve ever considering Connelly with his issues. The only other forwards that interest me are Sennecke and Letourneau. 15 might be too early for either one though. Still hoping for Surin in the second though. Fischer in the third.

I wish signal had the grit his dad had. He’s still second on my list behind Nygard. I can’t see Steve ever considering Connelly with his issues. The only other forwards that interest me are Sennecke and Letourneau. 15 might be too early for either one though. Still hoping for Surin in the second though. Fischer in the third.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
It's not very complicated. The more good young players you draft, the more likely it is that one or two of them become more than "just" good. Thinking that 15th OA is likely to produce players with as little skill and creativity as Veleno and Ras is not an accurate representation of 15th OA picks. There isn't a single player projected in the 11-15 range, more than one of whom should be available at 15, likely to have as little puck skill or creativity as those two. They might bust, but for other reasons. Quality depth of "just:" good players not ony improves the team, it also improves the chances of a trade for someone much better. People desperate to trade the pick are suffering No Playoff Depression Syndrome and not thinking rationally. The possibility of a trade up or Draft day trade involving the first-round pick for a quality vet, while unlikely, is more realistic now because SY has so far made good use of his top picks and the prospect pool is better. No reason to think it won't continue with another good pick if that's what they choose to do, rather than make a trade.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

The fact that their names sound similar would probably be more of a deterrent than anything else. Every time someone mentions the kid, Stevie's gonna wind up turning his head.

Regardless, he doesn't sound like Stevie's kind of pick.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Would you take potential Compher at 15? Mid six who plays in any situation if so I believe Basha is the one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad