Line Combos: 2024-2025 line up

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
What's the 2024-2025 lineup look like next year ?
Are we done tanking ?
Is the rebuild over ?

CCSuzukiSlaf
NewhookDach?
RoyDvorakAnderson
FarrellEvansRHP
TuchBeckArmia
Defense
MathesonGhule
HutsonSavard
WifiMailloux
StrubleBarron
HarrisKovacevic

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bijelo

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Tanking is done, the rebuild isn’t done and we might not make the playoff but we will be fighting for a playoff spot.

CC Suzuki Anderson
Newhook Dach Slaf
Roy Evans Armia
RHP Dvorak Gallagher

Matheson Guhle
Xhekaj Savard
Struble Kovacevic
Barron

-Start Anderson on the first line last dish effort to gain some value and unload.
-Trade a D like Harris in the off season
-Prepare to unload Savard and Dvorak
- I could see KH getting a 1 or 2 UFA especially someone to play LW in the top 6 like Monahan, Duclair, Debrusk, Teravainen, Mantha… but we could probably use someone with size and speed in the bottom 6 playoff type of guy that could also be flip to a playoff team.

• Love
Reactions: Bijelo and Lockin17

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Farrell?! Yeah... nah... back to the AHL for him. He hasn't shown anything yet.

Edit: Also, how did you get rid of Gallagher??

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Where not a playoff team next year

Miss some piece to much important

To me it depends on just how good Dach will be, and if course how healthy we can stay - and if we somehow bring Monahan back.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Keep the 1st line together. They are a legitimate #1 line and will only grow together with reps.

If Roy can be an offensive threat over the course of a whole season you start to see the makings of a top6 with Dach and Newhook.

In the bottom 6, Pearson and White will be gone, but Dvorak, Anderson, Armia and Gallagher are all pretty much locks at least to start the year.

We need some of our prospects like Farrell, Mesar and Beck to push these guys and force the Habs to make a decision on lagging vets. Otherwise status quo.

On the backend it's more interesting. Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, Struble, Hutson, and Harris is an entire D corps of left shot D.

Barron, Mailloux and Reinbacher are three RD who are all probably eyeing an NHL spot next year with Savard and Kovy.

TL;DR they can't delay the decisions on defence much longer. Either they move guys this summer or else suffer the consequences of extreme logjams.

Reactions: Lockin17

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Zegras/Laine/Mystery player
Newhook-Dvo-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Mailloux

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Farrell?! Yeah... nah... back to the AHL for him. He hasn't shown anything yet.

Edit: Also, how did you get rid of Gallagher??

I would push back on the notion he hasn't shown anything yet, he's quite often one of Laval's better players and that's with an injury interrupted year.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I would push back on the notion he hasn't shown anything yet, he's quite often one of Laval's better players and that's with an injury interrupted year.
He showed something, but it is also obvious that it will be very hard for him to find his chair in future Habs team. Does not look like real top 6 talent nor is he a fit to bottom 6 role. Mešár, Beck, F. Xhekaj are 2,5 years younger and they are coming.
My bet is, Farrell will be part of trade package.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs13 and Lockin17

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Zegras/Laine/Mystery player
Newhook-Dvo-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Mailloux

Would be interesting if Hughes traded all of Struble, Barron, Harris, and Kovacevic this offseason.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Would be interesting if Hughes traded all of Struble, Barron, Harris, and Kovacevic this offseason.
I like both, but I would say Harris and Kovacevic will be traded this offseason.
I would go with:
Matheson- Guhle
Xhekaj-Savard
Struble-Barron

Laval:
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Mailloux
Trudeau

• Love
Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like both, but I would say Harris and Kovacevic will be traded this offseason.
I would go with:
Matheson- Guhle
Xhekaj-Savard
Struble-Barron

Laval:
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Mailloux
Trudeau

I suspect one will be kept as the 7th D. But for sure I could see both traded.

We know Mailloux is close to NHL ready. Shortly, we'll see if Reinbacher, Hutson, and/or Engstrom are too. That could also affect Hughes's offseason plans.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Starting line up:

CC - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - [Summer trade]
Anderson - Dvorak - Armia
RHP - Evan - Gally

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Struble -Kova

Traded: Harris for another prospect. Hutson, Engstrom, Reinb. and Mailloux all in Laval unless one surprise at camp. Beck in Laval too to start, may move up once Dvorak is traded or injured again. Roy will start in Laval unless KH can trade one of Anderson or Armia. I think they prefer to play RHP on the 4th and have Roy play 1st line in Laval, then sending RHP down and have Roy play less meaning full minutes.

I think that Struble, Dovrak, Anderson are likely candidate to be traded before the TDL. Depending on how the RD may progress in Laval, I could see them trying to gram one so they can move Guhle back on his natural side.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Out : Ylonen, White, Pearson,

1. Caufield / Suzuki / Slaf
2. UFA / Dach / Roy
3. Newhook / Dvorak / Anderson
4. Armia / Evans / Gallagher
Extra : RHP, Pezzetta

UFA : there is plenty middle six player availlable next summer. Could see a deal exemple Anthony Duclair/Debrusk 2 years.

Reactions: Miller Time

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He showed something, but it is also obvious that it will be very hard for him to find his chair in future Habs team. Does not look like real top 6 talent nor is he a fit to bottom 6 role. Mešár, Beck, F. Xhekaj are 2,5 years younger and they are coming.
My bet is, Farrell will be part of trade package.

There's a good chance he isn't part of the contending roster but again he has shown a lot of good things and I disagree he isn't fit to a bottom 6 role. This guy has been a fixture on the PK and defending leads late in games at the world championships and olympics for the Americans. He's not an offense only guy, he's smart all across the ice and I can definitely see him carving out a successful career as a middle 6er who plays PK and 2nd PP.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
What would you guys do if we win the Celebrini sweepstakes? Does Dach or Mack move to wing?

Dach - Suzuki - Roy/Newhook
Slaf - Celebrini - Caufield

How would you guys do it?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Out : Ylonen, White, Pearson,

1. Caufield / Suzuki / Slaf
2. UFA / Dach / Roy
3. Newhook / Dvorak / Anderson
4. Armia / Evans / Gallagher
Extra : RHP, Pezzetta

UFA : there is plenty middle six player availlable next summer. Could see a deal exemple Anthony Duclair/Debrusk 2 years.

Of course hoping for a better upgrade, and moving out 1 or more of Dvo, Gally, Anderson... But if the right deal isn't to be found, I think you are exactly right.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
What would you guys do if we win the Celebrini sweepstakes? Does Dach or Mack move to wing?

Dach - Suzuki - Roy/Newhook
Slaf - Celebrini - Caufield

How would you guys do it?
Dach on the wing, no question in my mind.

I think Celebrini's floor at center is probably higher than Dach's ceiling at center. Plus with Dach's injury history I'd rather have Celebrini play center because otherwise we'd be juggling Celebrini back and forth from center to wing whenever Dach gets hurt and not letting him get his groove in either position.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
________ Suzuki Slafkovsky (I think we have to balance out our scoring on the first two lines)
Caufield Dach ___________
Gallagher________Anderson (I don't see these guys being relegated to a 4th line even though they should be)

This is where I am at with our forward group.
The blanks will be filled in with some of the following:
Roy Newhook Armia Dvo Evans RHP Pezzetta Ylonen (Beck Tuch Heineman Ist pick)
The bolded likely start somewhere while some of others simply have to have to go.

I can't see us not wanting to free up some slots for new blood.
Much will be dependent on who we can actually move or simply dump.
It will be much easier to fill in the blanks once we know who survives.

The Defense won't change much at all. Barron's play will determine much.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitin425

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Caufield / Suzuki / Slaf
Newhook/ Dach / Necas
Armia/ Dvorak / Anderson
RHP / Evans / W. Carrier
Gally
I'd be down for this if we could pull it off. The Will Carrier piece for sure.
One of Dvo and Evans are toast sooner or later and maybe both as is RHP.
I think they will find it increasingly hard to hold down a spot with the number of prospects banging on the door.
Probably not a question of if but a question of when.
Interesting that Dach line can all play center in a pinch Hughes likes that.

Reactions: Weber Fan

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
________ Suzuki Slafkovsky (I think we have to balance out our scoring on the first two lines)
Caufield Dach ___________
Gallagher________Anderson (I don't see these guys being relegated to a 4th line even though they should be)

This is where I am at with our forward group.
The blanks will be filled in with some of the following:
Roy Newhook Armia Dvo Evans RHP Pezzetta Ylonen (Beck Tuch Heineman Ist pick)
The bolded likely start somewhere while some of others simply have to have to go.

I can't see us not wanting to free up some slots for new blood.
Much will be dependent on who we can actually move or simply dump.
It will be much easier to fill in the blanks once we know who survives.

The Defense won't change much at all. Barron's play will determine much.
I agree with this. Put Cole with Dach and give Roy/Newhook every opportunity to earn spots in the top 6.

If we somehow grab another top 6 player (ie Zegras), then they can both have a shot and some healthy competition for it.

I think Roy is best suited for that top 6 with his shooting. He would compliment a line that Caufield is not on, to have two dangerous shooting threats.

Ultimately, I like Newhook on a high energy third line with speed and aggressive forechecking. He certainly has top 6 potential, but the most bang for our buck with him, is on that third line, creating tough matchups for opposing coaches.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad