WJC: 2023

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Must say that I like it. I went to the Halifax tournament in 2003 and I may have to go to this one too.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
New Brunswick has never hosted the tournament. Hope Moncton gets at least one Team Canada game.
The way it is done is the groups are generally split by city although i suppose Moncton could get a crossover game if Canada finished 3rd or 4th in their group.. The semi and final will be in the same place. I am assuming Halifax is the main host.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Boooring. Hockey is played also in other countries, not only in Canada. :(
It'll go to Kenora, Wawa, the Yukon and NWT before coming to Europe.lol

I get the money aspect but a lot of that money goes towards Canadian youth so the rich get richer.

Having said that... 2 great cities. I wanted London!

Macman

May 15, 2004
Canada can host every single tournament until the end of time. It's bad for hockey and worst of all boring.

Also no one brought up the war but you.

I don’t disagree but it’s up to other countries to want it more than just occasionally. You can’t put a tournament in a country that doesn’t put in a bid.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
The way it is done is the groups are generally split by city although i suppose Moncton could get a crossover game if Canada finished 3rd or 4th in their group.. The semi and final will be in the same place. I am assuming Halifax is the main host.
Canada won't cross over and back, don't believe that happens to a Canadian host typically. However, Canada could play out of Moncton and then go to Halifax for the semis/finals like they did in Toronto/Montreal in 2015 & 2017.

At least this tournament is ahead of the the eastern time zone, even if it is only an hour. I want to watch games during the day over the holidays.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Boooring. Hockey is played also in other countries, not only in Canada. :(
Support it more and you will get them. Hockey is played in other countries other then Europe but you know who gets the WHC every year, , there is no need to complain about this considering the reality. We go over every year and and just play and the fans who like it watch it and accept it for what it is....A European tournament in all but name.

You should have no problem with small cities like Halifax and Moncton getting it whatsoever.......it's not like they are spoiled with high level hockey events such as these.

What's boring is to have this lament brought up by fans in europe every time it's in Canada.The IIHF doesn't do charity cases for their big tournaments, you know the deal.

Great decision, no better place to have it.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Support it more and you will get them. Hockey is played in other countries other then Europe but you know who gets the WHC every year, , there is no need to complain about this considering the reality. We go over every year and and just play and the fans who like it watch it and accept it for what it is....A European tournament in all but name.

You should have no problem with small cities like Halifax and Moncton getting it whatsoever.......it's not like they are spoiled with high level hockey events such as these.

What's boring is to have this lament brought up by fans in europe every time it's in Canada.The IIHF doesn't do charity cases for their big tournaments, you know the deal.

Great decision, no better place to have it.

For us in Europe it is always difficult to watch at 2 AM and then go to work. ;)

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad