WJC: 2023

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
you do realize that '02 born players are not eligible to play 2023 WJHC? You've listed a few of them. 2023 WJHC is for players born in '03 or later. later as in '04 or '05.
Aye GS :

Can you please provide your updated August AND Christmas team?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mr Buckles

Jun 6, 2018
2023 WJC.png

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
View attachment 528513

So assuming that goes to Canada that would be 6 out of 9 in Canada... 7 realistically unless you believe those packed arenas in Buffalo were American fans.
Though USA Hockey made the money even if the fans were Canadian, in that sense it's distorting the competition less than having it in Canada every year.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Went really well last time. It should be in Europe this time

It was given to Europe. well, if you call that country European or a part of Europe, but it decided to go full blown pariah. Are there any hockey federations in civilized Europe clamoring to organize and host a tournament on short 8 month notice? let us know if there are, I'd be fine with it staying somewhere in civilized Europe. otherwise we just thank the 3 or 4 local Canadian organizing groups who are willing to step up and host on short notice. I suppose we could just cancel the tournament all together, that's always an option.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
I think it should be Sweden (Barring they can and want to host it) they were supposed to host the 2022 tournament but because of Covid with the 2021 tournament Canada got the 2022 again. With Sweden pushed to 2024. So If they eliminate Russia from hosting give 2023 to Sweden and 2024 to be the tournament up for grabs (Preferably North America). Of course I would like it to be in Canada because of the Time Zones, but I think this would be the most fair.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
View attachment 528513

So assuming that goes to Canada that would be 6 out of 9 in Canada... 7 realistically unless you believe those packed arenas in Buffalo were American fans.
Not saying it’s right but at the end of the day it’s all about revenue and Canada generates the most revenue by far for this tournament. I’ve never been to a tournament in Europe so you can correct me if I’m wrong but I imagine the tickets would be way cheaper when it’s played over there where as when it’s in Toronto or Montreal they can set ticket prices at about the same as what the Leafs and Habs are and they will still be sold out for every game Canada plays

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Not saying it’s right but at the end of the day it’s all about revenue and Canada generates the most revenue by far for this tournament. I’ve never been to a tournament in Europe so you can correct me if I’m wrong but I imagine the tickets would be way cheaper when it’s played over there where as when it’s in Toronto or Montreal they can set ticket prices at about the same as what the Leafs and Habs are and they will still be sold out for every game Canada plays
It does, but it's also worth noting that most of that money goes to Hockey Canada. European organizers do make significantly fewer money, but it's likewise money that for the most part they get to keep.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I think the main problem with Buffalo were the ticket prices. Only insane Canadians were willing to pay that much for junior hockey. lol
That’s exactly it lol. As a insane Canadian me and my buddy have already decided if the tournament is in Ontario or Quebec we will be going for sure. I’ve been in 2009 in Ottawa and whenever it was Buffalo around 2011 I think. Haven’t been since looking forward to going back. Really expensive but I enjoy watching a Canada USA game more than a NHL game

Reactions: Rob

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I'd love to see it Kitchener, but we need to get it out of this country. A) Covidians here are nuts and will ruin another tournament. We should have been banned from hosting for 5 years after that debacle at Christmas. B) it's been in Canada way too much lately. I want to watch games in the morning/afternoon at Christmastime, not primetime.

Reactions: ddlennon

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
LOL, Canada should host every single hockey tournament until the end of time. The true height of narcissism.

Reactions: ddlennon

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
LOL, Canada should host every single hockey tournament until the end of time. The true height of narcissism.

Canada is relied on to host the tournament far too often. Unfortunately the original host country invaded a neighbouring democracy, made up insane reasons, threatened using nuclear weapons, and has resorted to essentially a terror campaign after its early efforts failed spectacularly. All the while expecting to be greeted as liberators. Almost as narcissistic as Canada hosting the WJC often.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Canada is relied on to host the tournament far too often. Unfortunately the original host country invaded a neighbouring democracy, made up insane reasons, threatened using nuclear weapons, and has resorted to essentially a terror campaign after its early efforts failed spectacularly. All the while expecting to be greeted as liberators. Almost as narcissistic as Canada hosting the WJC often.
Well on that note I guess I have to agree with you. :D:D:D:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad