Prospect Info: 2023 World Junior Championship

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Entertaining game, but neither team had any interest in playing defense. #8 for Sweden with one of the most lazy plays in 3on3 you'll ever see.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
How did Carlsson look? I think we have about a 50% chance to draft him.

I like his game a lot, but I don't see anything elite there. I don't doubt he'll be an effective NHL player but I'm not sure if he's closer to Backstrom or William Karlsson. He's been more impressive to me than Fantilli, but it's hard to compare the 2 because Carlsson is experienced in playing against grown men, which you can kind of see in their games in this tournament. He's got very good hands and is a smart player. If Michkov weren't Russian I wouldn't even hesitate passing on Carlsson at 2 or 3. As it stands I think I'd lean Fantilli over Carlsson at 2 by a smidge, just based on the physical side of Fantilli's game and I think his ceiling is a tad higher.

In terms of skillsets I think I'd have it Michkov/Fantilli/Carlsson in that order. Carlsson is the safest pick though IMO.

Reactions: Deuce22

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like his game a lot, but I don't see anything elite there. I don't doubt he'll be an effective NHL player but I'm not sure if he's closer to Backstrom or William Karlsson. He's been more impressive to me than Fantilli, but it's hard to compare the 2 because Carlsson is experienced in playing against grown men, which you can kind of see in their games in this tournament. He's got very good hands and is a smart player. If Michkov weren't Russian I wouldn't even hesitate passing on Carlsson at 2 or 3. As it stands I think I'd lean Fantilli over Carlsson at 2 by a smidge.

In terms of skillsets I think I'd have it Michkov/Fantilli/Carlsson in that order. Carlsson is the safest pick though IMO.

Funny you mention, was thinking that also about Carlsson is playing against men, so he’d be the safer NHL bet. I saw only a few games but from what I saw he has impressed me more than Fantilli, but its only a small sample size.

Ducks are going to have to end up dead last to be guaranteed one of those guys. Right now Chicago is playing worse than them now.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
For a game with only 3 shots through half a period, I am very much entertained. This is fun hockey

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
Sorry but Gauchers puck handling skills are absolutely terrible, as is his offensive IQ. He will have to improve miles to make the NHL

On the plus side, Hinds looks awesome

Reactions: Kalv and tomd

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Respectfully disagree with gaucher stuff.
seriously? The puck is like kryptonite when it touches his stick. He's been terrible this entire tournament. So disappointed in that pick.

Zellweger playing a much more controlled and effective game tonight but boy does he love to shoot the puck! I can see why he routinely gets 7-10 shots a game in junior.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1