GDT: 2023 World Junior Championship Thread (Clarke, Connors, Salin)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
How'd Connors look? Who's his game similar to?
He has a solid foundational skillset but no game-breaking ability. But, he's not afraid to take or make a hit. Good skating stride and mechanics, and drives to the net.

Hard to see what type of player he'll emulate best until he fills out more. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable projecting any more than a bottom-six player; like a less physical Carl Grundstrom.

Reactions: funky

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Zellweger and Clarke fail to clear the zone tied 2-2. LOL. Meltdown incoming up north if they lose.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
As a USA fan...thank god! Feel bad for Clarke on the turnover but it's gonna make him more of the Canadian wiping boy. Which will make Canadians hate us more which I love lol

Reactions: ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
On the tying goal Clarke put it up the boards to two canadian forwards several times. If they can't do anything with the relay there's not much more he can do. Yeah I'd love to see a full clear on a backhand but assigning pure fault to him there is some main boards bullshit

I didn't like his soft play in front at the end there that allowed the opposing forwards to crash the net and bang the puck but he did corral and clear it, so phew...he was also 1v2 in front since the forward went to the back post and his d partner was in Egypt

Canadian forwards in this tourney escape criticism so long as they score, Canadian dmen suck no matter what*

*edit: corollary is if you're a major canadian market prospect, then everything you do has an alibi

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
LMAO Gord Miller and Mike Johnson and the broadcast crew are all shook up you can hear it in their voices. My goodness Let's go Czechia. :laugh:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
On the tying goal Clarke put it up the boards to two canadian forwards several times. If they can't do anything with the relay there's not much more he can do. Yeah I'd love to see a full clear on a backhand but assigning pure fault to him there is some main boards bullshit

I didn't like his soft play in front at the end there that allowed the opposing forwards to crash the net and bang the puck but he did corral and clear it, so phew...he was also 1v2 in front since the forward went to the back post and his d partner was in Egypt

Canadian forwards in this tourney escape criticism so long as they score, Canadian dmen suck no matter what*

*edit: corollary is if you're a major canadian market prospect, then everything you do has an alibi
yeah, he got it out twice, the forwards didn't help him except give it right back. these two are just standing there. The 2nd attempt, he had no support.

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 6.18.29 PM.png

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Clarke redeems himself! Huge defensive plays from Clarke throughout overtime, easily the most noticeable defenseman in that period.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3