GDT: 2023 World Junior Championship Thread (Clarke, Connors, Salin)

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He has a solid foundational skillset but no game-breaking ability. But, he's not afraid to take or make a hit. Good skating stride and mechanics, and drives to the net.

Hard to see what type of player he'll emulate best until he fills out more. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable projecting any more than a bottom-six player; like a less physical Carl Grundstrom.
might be a bit off but i sort of saw a bit of old school drury or deader, like how he gets into the play, and knows where to go to score.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Guess who made some fantastic defensive plays in OT and assisted on the Game winner. You got it.

Yep, he made the main board eat their words. :nod:

Bettman and the NHL should be watching here. Halifax and Moncton pack more fans than Phoenix ever could. Cannot beat Canadian hockey fans.

well, filling a 10k arena is much easier than 18k.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I was mistaken in my earlier post about the groups. I guess it's more of a snake ranking than alternating.

These are the proper groups:
Group A
Canada
Sweden
Finland
Germany
Latvia

Group B
Czechia
USA
Slovakia
Switzerland
Norway

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Exactly so why can’t teams in the US do that for an NHL team ?

Because we have three other sports leagues that utterly dwarf the NHL. And even dwarfed to that degree, NHL teams still make more money in American cities with American sponsors and American TV deals even if they’re at 25% gate.

Seethe and cope.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Now Clarke's yo-yo season will continue by stupidly being sent to the OHL
How else are we gonna continue to ice such generational talents as Sean motherf***ing Walker?

Could Clarke be as awful on his off side as Durzi has? I think not.

Gotta earn it kid.

Reactions: psych3man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad