Prospect Info: 2023 WJC

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Kinda funny that a tournament with the best teenagers in the world is objectively bad hockey, yet I don't hear about anyone turning NHL games off for 90 seconds at a time every time junk 4th lines with no talent are on the ice :laugh:

I'll never be able to relate to only being entertained by NHL hockey. I was at the rink on Saturday morning and on the other sheet of ice there was a Squirts game being played. A couple of the better travel teams for that age in the state, and it was entertaining. To see 9 and 10 year olds doing stuff that I didn't do until I was like 13 was pretty cool. I mean, it was objectively embarrassingly bad dogshit hockey compared to the NHL, but I still liked it.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Kinda funny that a tournament with the best teenagers in the world is objectively bad hockey, yet I don't hear about anyone turning NHL games off for 90 seconds at a time every time junk 4th lines with no talent are on the ice :laugh:

I'll never be able to relate to only being entertained by NHL hockey. I was at the rink on Saturday morning and on the other sheet of ice there was a Squirts game being played. A couple of the better travel teams for that age in the state, and it was entertaining. To see 9 and 10 year olds doing stuff that I didn't do until I was like 13 was pretty cool. I mean, it was objectively embarrassingly bad dogshit hockey compared to the NHL, but I still liked it.
People also like bad music. This is no different.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm on the side of enjoying different levels of hockey for what they are... but, you realize that NHL 4th liners are 10X better than the best teenagers, right?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can we make our future WJC threads called Objectively Bad Hockey and then the year moving forward?

I don't consider that to be true, but it's funny.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'm on the side of enjoying different levels of hockey for what they are... but, you realize that NHL 4th liners are 10X better than the best teenagers, right?
Sure they're better, but that wasn't the point. The discussion was over how good, how entertaining, the hockey is. And as much as I like a good LFG-like grinder, the best teenagers on Earth provide better, more entertaining hockey than most NHL 4th-liners. If the argument is the hockey being played in the WJC isn't "good," you can't tell me that an NHL game of only 4th-liners would be good either. I mean, unless you prefer Adam Erne to Connor Bedard :dunno:

If you can't bear to watch any hockey that isn't NHL hockey, you should probably close your eyes for a third of most NHL games too lol.

Reactions: jfrank21

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sure they're better, but that wasn't the point. The discussion was over how good, how entertaining, the hockey is. And as much as I like a good LFG-like grinder, the best teenagers on Earth provide better, more entertaining hockey than most NHL 4th-liners. If the argument is the hockey being played in the WJC isn't "good," you can't tell me that an NHL game of only 4th-liners would be good either. I mean, unless you prefer Adam Erne to Connor Bedard :dunno:

If you can't bear to watch any hockey that isn't NHL hockey, you should probably close your eyes for a third of most NHL games too lol.
I hate watching AHL games too.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Geez I watch my six year old nephew play hockey and they are falling all over themselves. Played half ice and they won 29-20. I loved every minute. I don’t care how bad they are

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Geez I watch my six year old nephew play hockey and they are falling all over themselves. Played half ice and they won 29-20. I loved every minute. I don’t care how bad they are
Hockey's a great sport, it's too bad not everyone is able to fully appreciate it :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad