Speculation: 2023 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
GDT is locked so I'll comment here.

Top line was dynamic, but I'm not sure they should stick due to the lack of depth with the other 3 lines. Still, I won't be upset if it continues to be a thing for a while. They really are a treat to watch.

Plenty of the vets are in preseason mode and it's obvious. I just hope they flip the switch once the season starts. Gibson being the most obvious and Stroke/Vatrano not far behind.

I can't believe we were getting calls. I can't believe Newell Brown knows what he's doing.

Heading into the rookie tournament and preseason, I had Minty ahead of Zellweger for the better odds to make the team. Then swapped, but now I'm back to thinking the same. There's probably only room for one, and they'd have to beat out LaCombe if they'd want second pairing duty.

Fire Kassian into the sun.

LoLassi.

Leasson impressed. He should be a lock with Carrick on the 4th line, but I'm not sure who else should play with them.

What is a third line? Lundestrom and Killorn being out really exposes the lack of forward depth. Anymore injuries up front and this team will be in even deeper shit.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
And suddenly I'm not that excited for the season to start. Was really looking forward to seeing more of that top line from last night even though the bottom 6 is horrid.
Our third line is weaker than I'd like but some combination of Carrick/Leason/[insert any 3rd player] is a totally fine fourth line, dare I say even a good fourth line

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Why don't they say what it is.. fkkk he either twisted his ankle or something happened to him..blocked a shot

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
3517_ret.jpg

The cosmic irony of Leo being the most promising and effective player last night only to potentially suffer a major injury just before his NHL career really starts is quite palpable.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Our third line is weaker than I'd like but some combination of Carrick/Leason/[insert any 3rd player] is a totally fine fourth line, dare I say even a good fourth line

Is it though? Say it's Mcginn-Carrick-Leason. That's 3 guys who probably wouldn't even get claimed on waivers.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad