2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Sharks have the tie breaker over us actually.
Yeah regulation wins is the first tiebreaker, which SJ has already won. So as long as the Ducks don't get more than 2 points the third spot is theirs.

Ducks actually have already sealed the RW loser's title so hopefully the Jackets or Hawks somehow tie them

Last edited:

LiveLaughDucks

Feb 5, 2020
The fact of the matter is we have 2 points in our last 11 games. Don't think you could realistically do any worse. The points that killed them were the unexpected or miraculous ones earlier in the season. Said it a few weeks ago, but having just two less points (TWO!) would make such a difference in the potential outcomes.

Beating Carolina on the road (and actually beating them both times this season), scoring 2 with the goalie pulled to get an OT point against Nashville, getting a point on the road against Boston, etc.

edit: Nice to see the Sharks going back to the familiar game plan of scoring first, then giving up a goal almost immediately and now down 3-1.
Even though I have no evidence to back this up, I’d recommend not getting hung up on those miracle points the Ducks earned throughout the year, as the Blackhawks/Jackets/Sharks etc surely all also have miracle points they earned for no reason as well.

Swapped Columbus and San jose

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Vs Arizona : 2-0-1
Vs Chicago : 2-1-0
Vs San Jose : 3-1-0
Vs Columbus : 2-0-0

19 out of a possible 24 points against the rest of the bottom feeders. 33% of their entire points for the year.

The bottom feeders play down to us, or more likely we have better parts than the other bottom feeders, but not enough to win consistently against non-bottom feeders.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Vs Arizona : 2-0-1
Vs Chicago : 2-1-0
Vs San Jose : 2-0-0
Vs Columbus : 3-1-0

19 out of a possible 24 points against the rest of the bottom feeders. 33% of their entire points for the year.

The bottom feeders play down to us, or more likely we have better parts than the other bottom feeders, but not enough to win consistently against non-bottom feeders.
We played Columbus 4 times?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
IMG_0830.png

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Gotta admire Chicago’s GM’s dedication to the tank. This roster is ECHL level. I watch a lot of Tulsa Oiler games and it’s seriously like watching their game. No one can handle a simple pass without fumbling it, passes are always just behind players, and the goalie constantly gives the other team the puck.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
There you dumbo ducks.. Thats what you get for taking those games that WE WERE LOSING to OT.. I knew those points would cost us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad