2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
When the Ducks last played Ottawa like 3 weeks ago on Black Friday, both were tied at the bottom of the standings. When the Ducks head into their matchup in the Canadian capital on Monday, the Senators will be 7 points clear after their win today over Nashville

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
When the Ducks last played Ottawa like 3 weeks ago on Black Friday, both were tied at the bottom of the standings. When the Ducks head into their matchup in the Canadian capital on Monday, the Senators will be 7 points clear after their win today over Nashville
Empowering your competition by building their confidence is some next level tanking.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Boy when Chicago moves Kane/Toewes

And we hopefully dump our elite free agents,

It could look like open hockey night in Venezuela

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It is beginning to look like a fight between us and Chicago for the bottom. Argh. This is painful. I hope whoever we get is worth the pain.
Watch out for SJ joining the tank race. They have played a bit more games which gives a false impression about how good or bad they are at the moment.

CBJ got some spurt out and Arizona looks to be adequate enough to avoid bottom 3. To me, as of right now, it's between us, CHI, and SJS

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
would like to say, as i have already said many times.......this course is just about impossible to recover from.....by the time this team "turns the corner" guys like terry/zegras/drysdale will be gone (not all but a few)......so i dont understand what people see in a 5'9'' player that the media is hyping to be great (which 1st overall CANADIAN prospect havent they hyped this way?) and why giving up on YOUR CURRENT PLAYERS season is less valuable then this 18 year old.....these current players that you HAVE are not going to be able to "turn it on" and find a way to win when all they know is losing at the level, because that was the only "player development" you cared about...with the exception of KNOWING you are getting wayne gretzky, you are getting a over hyped 18 year old who is at best 2 years away from leading a team in any way.......good luck with that.

and i will legit laugh if the ducks finish dead last and "lose" the lottery.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
would like to say, as i have already said many times.......this course is just about impossible to recover from.....by the time this team "turns the corner" guys like terry/zegras/drysdale will be gone (not all but a few)......so i dont understand what people see in a 5'9'' player that the media is hyping to be great (which 1st overall CANADIAN prospect havent they hyped this way?) and why giving up on YOUR CURRENT PLAYERS season is less valuable then this 18 year old.....these current players that you HAVE are not going to be able to "turn it on" and find a way to win when all they know is losing at the level, because that was the only "player development" you cared about...with the exception of KNOWING you are getting wayne gretzky, you are getting a over hyped 18 year old who is at best 2 years away from leading a team in any way.......good luck with that.

Get your popcorn, you know it's happening. We're likely gonna end up picking 3rd.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022

Sabres are in their like 10th year of their rebuild and are just as far from the cup as ever before.

Oilers are done rebuilding and are still unlikely to win anything despite having a generational talent and a top 5 player on their team.

The Blackhawks and Penguins got plenty of luck to help them get to where they were durning their 3 cups.

Ducks plan of continued losing is an incredibly dangerous one that could set the franchise back many years.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If we finish dead last, then we've secured a top-3 pick.

• Scenario 1: Win the lottery, a 25.5% chance to happen.
    • Draft Bedard.

• We just found McTavish's an explosive, scoring winger. Zegras stays at center.

• Line 1: xxx - Zegras - Terry

• Line 2: xxx - McTavish - Bedard

• Scenario 2: Fall to 2nd overall, a 18.8% chance to happen.
    • Draft Fantilli.

• We just found our new top-6 center. Zegras will move to LW.

• Line 1: xxx - McTavish - Terry

• Line 2: Zegras - Fantilli - xxx

• Scenario 3: Fall to 3rd overall, an 55.7% chance to happen.
    • Draft Carlsson.

• We just found our new top-6 center. Zegras will move to LW.

• Line 1: xxx - McTavish - Terry

• Line 2: Zegras - Carlsson - xxx

Bedard is considered a generational talent, but he will be doing it as a winger in the NHL level. He has chemistry with McTavish as they've always roomed together at WJC functions. Fantilli is tearing up the NCAA, which is playing against 18-24 year olds. Carlsson is thriving in the SHL, a top tier men's league in Sweden.

With the 2023 pick, we're adding finishing touches to the talent that we already have and are developing. Going forward, the Ducks will have four top-6 forwards of very good to great talents. We already know Terry and Z can score points in the NHL level. McTavish is around 0.50 ppg rate and getting better within the season.

Potential Top-6 forward prospects in system
    LW Regenda​
    RW Perreault​
    LW Tracey​
    RW Pastujov​
    RW Colangelo​

Defensive prospects + Drysdale
    RD Drysdale (NHL) ... OFD​
    .​
    RD Andersson (AHL) ... 2WD​
    RD Helleson (AHL) ... DFD​
    .​
    LD/RD LaCombe (NCAA, senior) ... 2WD​
    LD Thrun (NCAA, senior) ... 2WD​
    RD Moore (NCAA, soph) ... 2WD​
    LD/RD Zellweger (CHL) ... OFD​
    LD Hinds (CHL) ... 2WD​
    LD Mintyukov ... OFD​
    RD Warren ... DFD​
    RD Luneau ... 2WD​

We're waiting and banking on some of the defensive prospects to pan out. Unfortunately, Drysdale is injured for the season this year and hampers what we have going forward with respect to known NHL development.

At the end of this season or start of next season, we could have five of those defensive prospects going pro in LaCombe, Thrun, Zellweger, Hinds, and Mintyukov.
Edit: Fixed landing the 2nd and 3rd overall chances. Thx, @GunnarStahl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad